My happiness is missing

Seohyun and the Sweet Potato

    Wiltering flower petals and blistering frosty weather ...wintertime had just begun. As I grasp my two hands together for little warmth and sit on the park bench, I began witnessing my surrounding. This park has really lost its natural appeal during the wintertime... the sidewalk is covered in large patches of snow and trees are bare of leaves. The way everything looked at this park at 3am felt so artifical to me. Exactly, what am I doing alone in a dreary looking park at three in the morning? The answer is simple...I needed a place to get my priorities straight. Having to spend majority of your precious my time around eight girls and having to be in the public eye for years is no simple task. My life is overwhelming. As exhausting as my career sounds, I cannot fathom the idea of not being apart of the entertainment industry. It has brought me towards  many opportunies in my lifetime and seeing the bright smiles of adoring fans each day brightens my mood. It really is a dream come true...but why am I not a happy person? I am beautiful, smart, talented...but I lack the happiness a human being deserves. I feel some content being at this park alone, as I have some thought on my issues. Unhappiness is no satisfying feeling, though it is not like this feeling is really uncurable. I just can't help but feel pathetic and sigh heavilily at my problems...how can I be happy again?

 

  3am had past and the time is now 4am...I have accomplished nothing. Regarding the issue on my happiness, I just can't find the answer. Just as I was about to lose hope and head off home, a voice echoed throuh the park. The mystery person's steps are heading closer and as soon as I looked up, it was just Yoona. Ugh, what does she want now...and how did she find me? "Seohyun...the hell you doing there girl? I saw your car parked and you know we were looking all over for you! Are you okay?". Why won't they just leave me alone so I can have time to think? I love my sisters, but I need time to think about myself as priority. "I'm fine, let's just go home..", I mumbled and Yoona just stood puzzled. Yoona gave me a frustrated expression and said, "Hey, i'm not stupid and I know why you're a little depressed. This is why I brought this for you". She s her small purse, only to take out sweet potato wrapped in paper towel. My heart started to race and my mouth began to water as I gazed into that one y fine looking potato. Yoona handed the potato to me and boy was I in bliss. Having my favorite food in my hand made me thinking positive thoughts, and I now know the answer to my unhappiness. My happiness has always been right in front of me... no not Yoona or my eight sisters...but the sweet potato. I felt a tear water down my eye since I haven't felt this alive in ages. I slowly unwrap the paper towel, and a song came through my mind...

...sweet potato is sunshine, my only sunshine. you makes me happy, everytime...

It was the song my mother used to sing to me when I was younger...no wonder I felt such strong connection to this sweet potato. Sweet potato reminded me of my family who I haven't seen in a awhile. This potato would be like reuniting with family. Enough with the reminiscing thoughts, I have to eat it now before it gets too cold. I raise the potato slowly until it reaches towards the roof of my mouth. I close my eyes and saliva is already dripping. potato...here I come. This moment is heart beating..I cannot believe this is happening...then...

splat

the potato slipped out of my hand and fell straight to the floor, It was like witnessing life shatter right through my eyes. Its' over.