Silent Meeting

Speech Is Silver; Silence Is Golden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘’Hi, my name is Oh Sehun. I just moved to Jeju and I'll start studying here next term. I believe we already met on the gathering at school yesterday.’’

Sehun smiled and looked at the guy and two girls, who looked like they were all around his age, in front of him. The blond haired girl and the guy looked up at him briefly before looking at each other in confusion. The other girl didn’t even grant him a look as she continued drawing random patterns in the sand, her black hair falling over her face in the act. Sehun felt unwelcome as the silence slowly ate him up, but then the blond smiled brightly at him and stood up.

‘’Moon Sora. Nice to meet you. I live in the house down there.’’ The girl pointed at one of the houses behind them. Sora had her hair in a high ponytail and she was wearing shorts that were revealing a bit too much, but Sehun had seen girls far worse; almost every single girl seemed to be walking with barely any clothes on in this place. She seemed to be a bright girl judging from the way she smiled at him and her cheerful voice.

Sehun smiled back and looked at the two others who were still sitting down in the sand and hadn’t said a thing ever since he walked over to them. The dark skinned guy looked up at him and stood up. He brushed the sand of his hands and clothes before giving him a hand.

‘’I am Kim Jongin but please call me Kai. And this over here is my little sister Seorin,’’ he put a hand on the girl who was sitting down and still drawing still circles in the sand. ‘’She doesn’t talk a lot. Actually, she doesn’t talk at all but don’t mind her.’’ Kai showed a small smile and looked over at the girl, who was apparently his sister, next to him.

Kai sighed deeply and his sister’s black hair, “Is everything alright, Seorin?” Kai asked, however there was no response from her. Not a word or even a glance, but it seemed like the older guy was used to the lack of reaction from her.

‘’I’ll drop her back home. Be back in a couple minutes.’’ Kai said and pulled on Seorin's arm a couple times until the younger girl stood up and walked next to her brother to one of the beach houses.

“How come she doesn’t talk?’’ Sehun looked at Sora who stood next to him. He couldn’t hide his curiosity although he knew that he could come off as rude.

“No one really knows the exact reason why she is like this,’’ Sora started and let out a deep sigh, ‘’Their parents passed away some years ago in a robbery and ever since then Seorin hasn’t spoken a word. The two of them went through a lot of hardships, especially Kai, since he isn’t able to communicate to his sister in any way, plus he has full responsibility over her. Their only other family are their grandparents but they live on the other side of the country, so they let the two of them stay in their beach house. The siblings are both going to college and Kai has a part time job in the supermarket to earn some money since he hates to bother their grandparents too much.’’

Sehun was astonished about the honest answer he got from Sora. He just met the girl a minute ago and didn’t know her but she gave him a full story about the lives of the two siblings.

‘’Ah, I’m sorry. It’s just that, I’m a bit worried about the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter