First Win

Boyfriend's First Win

“And this week’s winner is? Boyfriend! Congratulations!”

The flashing stage lights. The deafening screams. The light-headed feeling.

What did she say? The members of Boyfriend looked towards their leader as if he could give them the answer they needed. Did they hear her wrongly? What did she say?

As the words started sinking in, Donghyun blinked his surprise away, unconsciously receiving the award the emcee passed to him. His hand then reached for the microphone he had left in his back pocket, not expecting the need for it.

The unfocused eyes of the blonde searched for the cameras, slowly regaining his train of thoughts. He stuttered as he brought the microphone to his lips, all responsibilities so much heavier on his shoulders as he thought of who to thank.

-

“We really didn’t expect to receive this huge award.”

Donghyun’s voice slightly trembled, the grip around the award only tightening as if to find some stability. In his hands wasn’t a cheaply made trophy given out by the programme weekly. In his hands was the dedication of six men and the faith given to them.

“Our members…Don't cry.

Youngmin pressed his lips together as if it could stop his freely flowing tears, his mind blank except for the words that continued echoing in his head. They haven’t been sleeping much these few days, and it made the moment more dreamlike than it already was.

Our members, you've worked really hard.

Jeongmin nodded unconsciously along to the words, smiling softly. He kind of really needed someone to slap him and tell him they actually won. He kind of really needed someone to hold him up because his knees feel like they are going to give way.

Our Bestfriends who have made this moment that feels like a dream come true...who have waited and waited for a long time...

Kwangmin surveyed the crowd before him, words at the tip of his tongue and swallowed back in. He didn’t know what to say, he didn’t know how to express it. He was happy, he was thankful, he was so much more, but he was also one hell of a confused man right now.

Thank you very much to our President, Director, and all Starship family who didn't give up on us and kept believing in us.

Minwoo gave his brightest smile as he waved to the audience, his actions a result of him going on autopilot. He could still feel his fingers, he could still feel his lack of sleep, but he could also feel the numbness. His eyes were dry, his head empty, and his body just felt like a heavy shell.

And thank you very much to our parents.” 

Hyunseong burst into tears, holding all his overwhelming emotions in for too long. He thought he could hold out, because it was really silly to be crying when it was such a happy thing, but every word he heard just seemed to edge him on towards his breaking point.

Thank you very much to our fans. Thank you.

-

I'm sorry I couldn't make this longer. My brain is still a bit gooey ;~~~~~;