Next To You

Best Friend

A/N: Yay. Here it is. Not much,(cozI'mstillshovingsomefoulvibes) but I hope y'all enjoy! :) Happy Birthday to the Vampire Goddess! #HappyBirthdaySandaraPark ! <3 

************************

I don't know when it all started, but I just woke up and my feelings aren't the same anymore.

 

I don't know when my feelings exceeded past the platonic relationship we had.

 

I can't remember the day when I have to see that eye smile of yours to brighten and complete my day.

 

Whenever you come close to me, it brings flutters and causes the erratic beatings of my heart.

 

My shoulders will always be reserved only for you.

 

I'll make my ramyun more special, just for you.

 

Now, I realize that you are the one. Its never too late, I think.

 

I don't know how it'll end, but I fell in love with my bestfriend.

 

CL-roo, Pudoong, Baby Rin, Rilakchaerin

 

I know it sounds crazy, but can you be my baby?

 

Love is so unpredictable.

-------

 

"Ssantokki! Ya unnie!" I snapped back to my reverie when Chaerin's chubby hands waved right in front of my face. "Phew. You're not listening to me again." There. She did her pouty aegyo again.

 

Chaerin-ah, stop doing that. I badly want to kiss you.

 

I restrained myself for doing so. Afraid that she will hate it and disgusted by me.

 

I smiled fondly at her. "I'm sorry, Pudoongie. What were you saying again?"

 

She groaned and slumped her body beside mine in the long leather sofa of our shared apartment. Yes, were staying in the same apartment with two rooms on it. 5 years of being together as 2NE1 and we're used to living on the same roof already. While Bom and Minzy shared their own though they rarely use it, they go home on their families. I choose to stay with Chaerin because mostly she's all alone.

 

Or that was my excuse before. Now, I know that I just wanna be close to her. Be with her, wherever she is.

 

Her body being this close to mine made my heart beat like crazy; I hope she doesn't hear it. I fixed my position as she lay in my arms and snuggled close to me. I hope we can stay like this forever.

 

Bom chuckled in the single seater sofa. She's visiting us and is waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up. "You should pay more attention to her, Darong-ah. What a handful whiny kiddo you have there."

 

"Yeah." I chuckled a bit. "I'm sorry. What was it again?" I asked softly while she s her arms around my waist.

 

Chaerin-ah, why are does it feel right yet wrong at the same time?

 

"I'm tired of repeating it." She mumbled back. Her breath against my skin brought tingles of sensation.

 

Bom laughed at her silly answer. I turned to her. "She was asking you, whom she should accept as her date on Jiyong and Kiko's Party."

 

Right. Jiyong and Kiko had invited them all to an exclusive party. Just to have fun and mingle with each other’s. I'm betting that the party will be full of Seoul City's elite people - stars and idols of different labels, fashion moguls. Heol. They love throwing parties like these.

 

"Oh, yeah. Right. Ji and Kiko's Party." I just repeated Bom's statement while Chaerin grunted in affirmation. I had totally forgotten about it.

 

"Well, she had a numerous offers as . Her fanboys are creating quite a list. Youngbae, Jay Park, Soo Hyuk, Jong Hyun, Xin, Ddok2, even Seungri and Mino asked her too. Diplo will be there, too."

 

My eyes bulged as Bom mentioned the guys and briefly glanced at Chaerin who was still pouting and twirling with my shirt.

 

Ding dong...

 

"Finally, I think that would be Seunghyun. I'll go now Darong, Chae-yah. You have to choose your date, arasso? We will never skip GD's party for the world." Bom said as she walked to the door. "Don't bother standing Darong, you look comfortable in that position. I'll lock the door on my way out. Annyeong!" I heard the door security chimed as it was locked.

 

Silence.

 

All we can hear is our breathing. I glanced at the younger girl in my arms, her eyes were closed.

 

I took a deep breath. "Chae-ah..." I slowly nudged her.

 

"Hmm. Yes?" Her eyes are still closed.

 

"Have you chosen yet?" I asked her gently.

 

"No, I didn't..."

 

"Why? The party is tomorrow night" I reminded her.

 

"Yeah, I know. How about you? Do you have a date already?" She finally opened her eyes and looks straight into mine. Those dark pools of eyes never fail to magnetize me. Drawing me into her.

 

"No. I declined any offers. I can go alone. Or with Sanghyun, he's invited too." I said. I myself had my fair share of offers, but I am not comfortable with an with me. I guess you already know why.

 

"Aing. I can't choose." She whined.

 

"How about Youngbae? He's been asking you since ages ago." I suggested. Ignoring the sharp pang of pain, that suddenly shot through me.

 

Jealousy.

 

"Ah, no. I don't know." She answered with her blank stare. She looked lost.

 

"Aigoo. You can choose whoever among them. I'm sure you'll enjoy. Even with Seungri or Mino. They'll be great." I encouraged her more. That's what a best friend does, right?

 

"Yes, yes I know. But I don't want to go with anyone of them." She stared at me again.

 

"Why?" I asked her.

 

"Ah. I just don't want to." I saw something in her eyes. She was trying to convey something that I could hardly fathom.

 

"I'm waiting for someone." She diverted her gaze. And lay back staring at the ceiling.

 

I stared at her. Stared at the gorgeous side profile that I admired. How can people bashed her and say she's ugly? She's the most beautiful for me.

 

'I'm waiting for someone.'

 

Someone?

 

The way she looked at me.

 

Those stares.

 

Is it safe to assume that she might be pertaining me?

 

A spurge of hope sprang inside of me.

 

I could barely contain it.

 

"Chae"

 

She didn't answer me, but continued staring at the ceiling...

 

"Pudoongie..."

 

This time, she turned at me.

 

"Hmm?"

 

I took a deep breath, and calm my nerves as I was engulf with her stares.

 

"Will you... Will you go with me to the party tomorrow?"

 

There I said it. She didn't answer me right away. I was so nervous, so scared of how she might react. But as I continue to stare at her eyes, I saw how the different emotions played so well underneath it.

 

She was surprised. Confused. Scared. Yet excited. Then she looked like a lost child with no idea on what to do.

 

It tore my heart apart. Did I make myself a false assumption?

 

"Uhm, I mean we can go out together like we used to ---" I tried to cover what I really meant, but I was interrupted when my phone started ringing...

 

Maybe we're friends,

Maybe we're more,

Maybe its just my imagination,

But I see you stare just a little too long,

And it makes me start to wonder,

So baby, call me crazy but I think you feel it too.

 

Jordin Sparks' Next To You rang in the looming silence of our apartment. I moved slowly to reach it on our center table, but Chaerin held me tightly. I turned to her.

 

Lets get together and end this misery

 

Then the phone went off. I didn't reach for it anymore.

 

Lets get together and end this misery

 

Lets get together and end this misery

 

"Chaerin"

 

"Ssantokki"

 

We both said at the same time. I saw a look of acknowledgement in her eyes. There was so much to say, but I let her talk first.

 

"Of course, unnie. I'll be your date tomorrow; we'll be together for the rest of the days that there are." She said softly yet with firmness. I was so overwhelmed with so much happiness. The sparkle in her cat like eyes that made her look younger than she is is a wonder to my sight.

 

"Chaerin"

 

"What? Is that all you're going to say?" She slightly flicked my forehead while still putting her eye smile.

 

"I'm just so happy. Thank you." It was all I could say. I said there was more, but I think we still have more days to come to express it right.

 

"No, thank you unnie. I am so happy too. Like finally."

 

"What do you mean by that? Am I that 'someone' you were referring to?" I put my forehead into hers as I stare at her eyes, her beautiful and tantalizing eyes.

 

"Uh-huh. No other than my one and only Ssantokki." She smiled cheekily underneath my stares. "What took you so long unnie? I was nearly tired of waiting ya'know."

 

"" Wuuuu. She's been waiting all along? "I don't know. Maybe I was such a coward."

 

"Silly Ssantokki!" She nudged her nose unto mine as we were still facing each other.

 

I smiled fondly at her.

 

"I love you, Chaerin." There was something that spurge inside me as the words left my mouth. I could never imagine that declaring these words of love would create this kind of overwhelming happiness.

 

"I love you too, unnie." She answered back with the same intense feelings. Admitting your love to someone indeed create a wonderful feeling. A feeling of contentment.

 

"Let's get together and end this misery." I said in a sing-song voice.

 

"Yeah, let's."

 

And we sealed it with a kiss.