Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa

“Just why are you so mad at me right now?” Yuri asks, aggravation clear in her voice as she and Jessica enter their shared dorm and rams the door to the doorframe shut with a loud bang, a sound that is loud enough to even wake their neighbors across the hall.

It’s a holiday for them today, something they are rarely given, and they were supposed to go out and have a peaceful dinner with friends as a celebration, something to get their minds of the stress that constantly lingered in their heads nowadays.

Yuri was having a great time at the dinner party, Jessica was too, she even spotted her laughing at one point! Everything was normal until they decided to bid their goodbyes since it was getting late and Jessica suddenly had this 360 degree change. Throughout the journey home, she wouldn’t even say a word. Not one word would slip past her pretty lips, and Yuri was not having it. She despises getting the silent treatment when she doesn’t even know what she has done wrong ­–she’s the type of speak her mind. So when Jessica completely shut her out, it nettled her to no end.

They were taking the bus home as their transportation to reach home, and that meant Yuri could not scream at her and ask her why she was acting so cold because she knows that people would stare, and she honestly does not want people to watch them solve their personal matters, it is something she wants to solve between them, not with a couple bystanders watching and listening to every word they would spit at each other’s faces. So she waited, she waited patiently until they reached home.

So now here they were. In their humble abode, and Yuri couldn’t wait to let everything out.

“Did you get a stick up your on the way here or something?” She raises her voice once again when Jessica loudly slams the bedroom’s door to her face. “Come out here and talk to me!”

A pregnant pause of silence floats over the atmosphere until Jessica opens her door with a soft creak produced by the loose hinges attached by the side of the door and the wall. Her hair is tied into a high ponytail and there are short strands of baby hair that hover above her wide eyes, annoying her because they slightly obscured her vision. She is changed into her pajamas and is wearing a pink Hello Kitty shirt to match her Hello Kitty shorts.

Cute. That’s what Jessica’s outfit is screaming for Yuri to say right now, but she can’t afford to because only anger and annoyance were clouding her mind and vision at the moment.

Jessica raises an eyebrow, as if saying ‘what do you want?

“What happened?”

Jessica scoffs and rolls her eyes -a habit of hers that she did whenever she felt piqued. “Oh, now you care about me?”

Yuri ruffles her hair out of frustration and her fingers are curling up with exasperation. “What are you talking about?”

“You should know.”

No, I don’t. I’m not a ing psychic that can read people’s minds, Sica.”

Jessica stays silent.

“Oh my God,” she moans with righteous anger, she has had enough.”Can you please stop with the ing mind games and stop being a little teenage and act like an adult for once by telling me what happened? Did I do something wrong or are you just on your period?”

“Want me to tell you what happened?” Jessica replies with a harsh tone and takes a step forward.

“Yes.”

Yuri steps a foot backward, feeling her confidence slowly drain out of her with every glare she receives from her roommate.

“Why do you do this to me? Why do you make me feel like we’re something that we’re not?  It’s like we’re playing this push-and-pull game but you’re the only one playing and having fun while I’m the one being toyed around. Am I a game to you? A mere toy you play with whenever you feel bored? Do you find this funny? Playing and belittling my feelings like this… is it a form of entertainment for you?”

“What are you-“

I am not yet done talking!” Jessica raises a perfectly manicured index finger to stop her. Yuri doesn’t know how, but she finds herself backed up against the wall with Jessica taking perfectly timed and angry steps toward her. “Take this morning, we were our normal selves. You were nice to me, I was nice to you, and we were our usual selves, but as soon as we arrived at the restaurant, you ignored me!


“I didn’t even really know anyone there, you know how I don’t make that much friends, and how I’m not a ‘social butterfly’,” she raises two fingers together from each hand and bends them beside her head to emphasize on the word. “-like you and yet you abandon me! Heck, if it wasn’t for Hyoyeon there I would have run out hours ago! And when I finally get comfortable around them, I look at you to see how you’re doing and what do I see? I see you flirting with other girls, doing things I see you doing with me.

“Why do you make me feel this way?” Jessica adjures. “What are we, exactly? Do you actually like me? Or are you just playing me?”

Yuri can feel Jessica’s warm breath hitting her face. The anger dissipates from her vision, and she can see clearly now. And maybe she wishes that the anger would still cloud her vision because she can feel the heat rising to her cheeks as she realizes how in close proximity they were, how she can feel every breath Jessica exhales.

“What? Why won’t you talk? You were the one urging me to talk before, and I did.  Have anything else to say, smart mouth?”

“I get it, I get it! Just step backward a bit, will you?” Yuri snaps. She was never one to keep her temper down.

Jessica seems to realize their position and her eyes subtly widen at the realization, but never makes a move to step backward. She clears and shifts her weight to her right hip. “Talk.”

“I-I…” She can’t talk, damn it. Jessica’s face is too close and that fact that she can feel every move she makes, hear every breath she exhales, and see every pore she has lined up in her beautiful face is clouding her mind with immature thoughts. Heck, Jessica’s feminine scent itself is enough to throw her off-guard and ruin her concentration.

“Well?”

“I didn’t know I made you feel that way,” she shyly admits and lets her eyes wander somewhere else because she is too ashamed to look at Jessica in the eyes. Yuri feels sorry because ever since she was a child, she could never express her emotions properly. She never learned to, it was hard for her and it was just so foreign. Although she was someone to say her thoughts out loud, she always had difficulty expressing a few emotions -one of them being romantic feelings.

She was sorry that she made Jessica think of her as someone who messed with emotions, someone who was playing her because that wasn’t her motive at all. Yuri tries to compose herself and musters as much confidence as she can.

 “Were you mad because I treated them the same way as you?” she asks softly and lays a hand on Jessica’s cheek.

Jessica holds Yuri’s hand that was placed on her cheek and closes her eyes, letting a frustrated tear roll down her cheek. “Yes,” she admits.

“Why?” she breathes out, mesmerized for a second by Jessica’s beauty because they were just so close to each other right now.

Jessica opens her brown eyes and looks at Yuri with a tender look, her eyes depicting every emotion she is feeling. It Yuri in as though they were a black hole and it made her want to stare at the former’s eyes all day just to see all the stories it has to tell.

“I was jealous. You held me that way too. You acted that way with me too. It made me wonder if I actually meant something to you, if you actually liked me back or if my emotions were getting ahead of me.”

Yuri timidly smiles. “Your emotions aren’t getting ahead of you; they’re on just the right track. You do mean something to me. You mean something to me so much that it would hurt if I lost you. I like you, okay? And I’m sorry if I made you feel that way because believe me, that wasn’t my intention.”

Jessica lets out a relieved sigh and allows her head fall on Yuri’s shoulder.

 “Oh, thank God.”

Yuri can feel the smile on Jessica’s face and her hair. She feels relieved too. Because she finally did it, she finally confessed. Although this is not how she planned it out in her head because she’s imagined so many scenarios, so many lines she was supposed to say to express her liking towards her roommate, but not once did she imagine it this way.

A confession that comes after an argument with her back against the wall and her roommate leaning on her shoulder.

How romantic, she thinks sarcastically.

“I like you too.” A muffled voice snaps Yuri out of her reverie.

“What?” Yuri asks, because doesn’t think she heard that right.

“I like you too.”

“I know,” Yuri grins. “You’re pretty obvious.”

Jessica gives her a light punch.

And they stay like that for a while, with Yuri using the wall as her support and Jessica leaning her head on her shoulder. It is peaceful until Jessica decides to pierce the comfortable silence.

“So what does this make us?”

“Hm? What do you mean?” Yuri replies, still and playing with Jessica’s long chestnut colored strands.

“Now that we’ve said we like each other…” Jessica starts slowly and lifts her head up to look at Yuri in the eyes. “What are we? Are in a relationship? Or are we back to square one?”

“We’re in a relationship…“ She trails off but then adds, “…if that’s what you want.”

“That’s what I want,” she replies with a shy tone and avoids those captivating eyes that always seem to bring a sense of insecurity in her yet reassure her that she is the only one Yuri can see –those captivating eyes that always seem to make her feel special.

Yuri lifts Jessica’s chin up so that she is facing her and flashes her a wide smile. “Then that’s what we are.”

 

“C- can I kiss you?”

Jessica can’t help herself, they are just so close and the urge to claim her lips as her own is too strong. But no, Jessica is thinking clearly right now, she does not want to let her desires take over her. No, she won’t have it; she will kill herself if she does. They literally just started their relationship a few minutes ago; she doesn’t want to risk it.

“Nevermind,” she shakes her head, “I’m sorry I asked.”

“G-go ahead.”

“R-really?” Jessica asks in surprise. When she turned into this mushy love-sick puppy that stuttered and couldn’t form any type of coherent response, she doesn’t know.

Yuri nods shyly and Jessica takes that as her final invitation. Slowly, she leans forward and with a shaky breath, she places a chaste kiss against Yuri’s lips. The action is as light as a feather, and can barely be felt, but it is enough to knock the air out of them and make the both of them feel dizzy because of the intimate act. Jessica wants more, the idea of pushing Yuri up against the wall and kissing the daylights out of her is tempting, so so tempting, it would be like turning her countless fantasies of being with Yuri into reality. But she discards those thoughts and settles for another light kiss to quench her needs.

Their second kiss.

 

 

4 Years Later

“Where were you?” Jessica asks from the couch of their newly refurbished apartment. It’s been four years since they’ve been together, and she can’t say that they’re still going strong because they aren’t. There is a huge crack in their relationship, the pieces are slowly peeling off like old wallpaper and they are falling apart, she feels it.

“It’s our fourth anniversary today, did you forget?”

“I’m sorry.”

“That’s what you said last year too,” she says and then adds, “on the exact same day.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Where were you, Yul?” Jessica asks again, changing the topic because she is honestly tired of hearing the phrase ‘I’m sorry’ all the time. They would just turn into meaningless words whenever they would come out of Yuri’s mouth, empty group of letters that no longer held a strong meaning.

 She still didn’t look at Yuri; she doesn’t want to see her face right now. She doesn’t even know why she even bothered to wait up for her, it is already 3 A.M and she is supposed to be sleeping already. But then again, here she is, hopelessly waiting for her lover to come home and snap back to her senses even though it is past the appropriate sleeping hour –not that she ever cared about what time she slept. She just wants an excuse to be mad at her, even though Yuri has already given her plenty.

“I don’t even want to know the answer to that but I still ask.” She chuckles lightly at how pathetic she is. “Where were you? Where have you been going these past few days?”

Yuri keeps silent. Her eyes are fixated on the candlelit dinner perfectly prepared in their dining table. She feels her heart crumble when she looks at the black forest cake placed at the center with the candles blown out and the candles already melted. There’s dried wax on the icing. She wonders how much patience and time it took for Jessica to do this, and knowing her short fuse of patience, it must’ve taken a while.

“I’m sorry,” she apologizes again, because it’s the only thing can allow her to utter.

“Is that the only thing you can say? I’m sorry?” Jessica looks at her with weepy eyes, droplets of tears that were starting to line up along her tear ducts threatened to ruin her perfectly applied eyeliner and mascara. “What’s the point of saying it when you’re not even sorry?” she asks in distress. “I’m tired, Yul. I’m sleepy. I just want to know where you’ve been, is that so much to ask?”

“Do you really want to know?” Yuri shoots back. She isn’t mad, she just sounds like she is. It’s her way of coping with the guilt that constantly piled up inside of her like a ton of bricks. She knows those tons of bricks will topple over soon; she knows the guilt will soon get to her, but she decides that she isn’t ready to handle that yet. Anger and avoidance will be her way out for now. But even Yuri knows that she won’t last for long before she comes crying and begging for forgiveness for all the stupid things she’s done.

“You said it just now. You don’t even want to know the answer but you still ask. Well that’s not really wanting to know, is it?”

“What’s with all the technicality?” Jessica retaliates. “Just tell me where you’ve been.”

Yuri walks away and proceeds to their bedroom to change her clothes, ignoring her. It’s funny how years ago, she was the one being ignored when they were fighting, but now the tables have turned and she is the one who’s doing it. She is doing what she hates people doing to her the most.

A hypocrite, that’s what she is.

She hates herself. She hates herself for hurting Jessica this way. She hates herself because she knows exactly what punctured their relationship and made everything turn out this way, but doesn’t want to stop because it feels too compelling.

 She halts her steps when she sees the rose petals carefully dispersed in their bed to form a heart. It was the usual romantic thing with the lights dimmed out and candles lit on every corner of the room but to her, it wasn’t normal or cliché, it was beautiful. She feels touched.

 “How long did it take you to prepare this?”

“A few hours at most,” she replies in a stand-offish manner, as if she hadn’t spent her whole day trying to transform the empty house into a place with a romantic atmosphere. “Why won’t you tell me where you’ve been today?”

“I don’t want to hurt you,” Yuri answers, taking off her soiled shirt and discarding it somewhere to the corner of the room before she grabs a fresh clean one from their huge wooden closet.

“Then stop it,” she whispers lowly, Yuri doesn’t know if she is meant to hear it but she does. “Stop doing things that will hurt me.”

Yuri halts her movements. Tears are threatening to spill from her lining of her eyes, but she holds it in. She hates this. She hates fighting. She hates angering her lover. But what else can she do? She’s already too far deep to get out; it’s become an addiction.

“You already know where I’ve been anyway, why bother asking?” She clears , hoping the ball of guilt stuck in would vanish.

“In hopes of wishing your answer would be different.”

Yuri’s head is downcast and she mutters another familiar apology. “I’m sorry.”

“Save it,” she says curtly. “I’m tired of hearing your apologies. Do you even mean what you say anymore? You tell me you’ll stop but I know what you do at night. I’m not the naïve little girl you thought I was before.  I know where you’ve been. I know what you’re doing. Do you even think about our future? I had to take up an extra part-time job just to pay the rent of this apartment. We just got it, Yul. I don’t want to lose it. I don’t mind working extra hours for this apartment but I’d like it if you helped too instead of making this situation worse. What happens when you get caught? What am I going to do here? Who’s going to bail you out? It’s dangerous, Yul. It’s illegal.”

“Well, what do you want me to do about it?” Yuri asks, her voice rising with anger. “I’m doing my best, okay? I can get the money by winning, trust me.”

“I want you to stop gambling! That’s what I want you to do!” Jessica screams with misery. “Gambling isn’t the only solution! You’re digging a bigger hole if you honestly keep continuing this.”

“Well, I’m sorry but that’s one thing I can’t do.”

“Yes, you can.” Jessica firmly asserts. “I know you can, Yul. Believe in yourself. I’ll help you. We can get through this together.” Jessica held Yuri’s face so tightly that she swore her fingers would leave tiny little red marks on the side of her face. “Look at me.”

Yuri shakes her head; she can hear Jessica sniveling in front of her. Her vision is clouded with tears, her sense of hearing is ignited, but the only thing she can hear is her lover silently weeping, and Yuri wishes she can tune out the broken cries or comfort her by hugging her but she can’t. She was having difficulty holding herself together Yuri knows that if she comforts her, she would break down –and that was something she couldn’t do. Because she doesn’t believe she can get over this. She can’t give up gambling, no matter how bad their situation was. The adrenaline and the thrill are too much to give up.

“Look at me.”

She didn’t want to, but her body betrayed her mind. Yuri looks up and immediately burst into ugly sobs.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” she mutters over and over again. “I can’t.”

“Yes, you can.” Jessica’s voice is firm, so sure that Yuri can quit this habit. But Yuri thinks otherwise. She doesn’t think she can. She simply isn’t strong enough to break out of it. “Yul, you have to stop before you gamble your life away!”

“I can’t, I’m sorry.” Yuri feels Jessica’s hand slip away from her face and her knees fail. She drops to the floor, still a sobbing mess.

 

Jessica just stands there and after a while, she speaks, “how did we turn out this way?”

Yuri is still keeping her head downwards, too ashamed to even look at her.

“I miss the old days. I miss the days where we had time for each other. Now we barely spare a glance for each other. I miss the days where we could stay in one room without all the crying, screaming, and fighting. I miss the days where your words weren’t hollow blocks and actually meant something. I miss the old us,” she says, her eyes distant, as if they were looking into the past and watching, reliving, their happy memories. “What happened to us, Yul?”

“I don’t know,” is her reply. The latter is still sitting on the floor. Her tears have stopped, but the remnants of her tears were still there. Dried tears stains adorned her red cheeks and her eyes were stinging for she rubbed them too much. She constantly sniffed to keep her nose from running. “Maybe we were too warped up in the illusion that we would last forever.”

“Maybe we should take a break.”

And that’s when it hits her like a bomb. She widens her eyes in realization when he realizes that she’s not wanted anymore. That’s when she starts to realize that maybe she should’ve treated her better. Her realization then turns to self-hatred. Self-hatred for not treating her other half better, self-hatred for not being able to make her stay, self-hatred for not being able to control herself.

What?” she chokes out, unable to believe what she’s hearing.

“I know you heard me, Yul,” Jessica sighs. She was just tired of all the things life threw at her, and maybe things would turn better if they had a break.

“Do we really have to?” Yuri pleads. “I’ll change, I swear!”

“That’s what you say but are you really going to change, Yul? Ask yourself that. No, you won’t.” Yuri flinches. “You’re too caught up with the rush of it that you won’t. You’re just going to keep doing the same things. I believed you before, but I’m not going to make the same mistake.”

“Bu-“

“It’s just a break, Yul. Maybe we need some time off each other. You can sort out your problems and I can sort out mine too. Once we’ve sorted everything out, we can get back together.”

“What about this apartment? Who’s going to stay in it?”

“You will. I’m going to stay at my parent’s house for the meantime.”

“Where are you going now? It’s too late to go to your parent’s place.”

“Hotel. I’ll be driving to my parents’ place tomorrow.”

“But it’s raining!” she cries indignantly, trying her best to persuade the other to not leave. “Stay here. I’ll sleep in the couch and you stay here.”

Just as she is about to move, Jessica interjects, “I can just take a cab.”

“Just stay he-“

“-I just can’t afford to stay in a room with you right now, okay?”

Yuri stays silent. That hurt. Even though they just came to terms of a break –even if she didn’t really get a say in it- she still loves Jessica. They were just going through a rough patch. But what if Jessica hates her right now? What if they never get back together and their cool off would turn into an unofficial break up? What if Jessica hated her to the point where she couldn’t stay in a room with her anymore, just like now? What if this is the last time they’d see each other?

Yuri is so absorbed with the bare thought of Sica leaving her that she misses her light footsteps and Jessica actually leaving the apartment to go to a hotel. The thought only processed in her mind after she hears the light shut of their apartment door.

Worried, Yuri hastily rummages through their closet for a coat and for an umbrella. She tries to run down as fast as she could, but the elevator is taking too long.

Everything is taking too long.

Yuri feels like she has to do this, she has to run after Jessica or else it would be as if Sica walked out of her life forever, and Yuri did nothing to stop it. This is Yuri’s way of fighting for Sica, this is her way of protecting herself by keeping her by her side, and this is her way of keeping their relationship –or rather, her way of trying to save their relationship. But it seems like today wasn’t her day. Just the time she took to find her coat and an umbrella took her a while and the elevator seems to be taunting her, the digital numbers flashing ever so slowly.

By the time she reaches the bottom of her apartment, Yuri knows she had already lost her. She had taken too long. Fear starts churning through Yuri’s veins and she can’t help but call out her lover’s name in despair, just to see if she would receive a reply.

“Jessica!” She calls in hopes of finding her. Yuri desperately runs by the sidewalk, trying to find her, wishing she didn’t take a taxi and leave yet. But as she was running, a crowd of people standing in the middle of the road caught her eye. Number of flashes from different phones could be seen because they were taking pictures; it was a scene that hard to miss it on this cold dark night.

Yuri doesn’t know why she starts taking slow strides toward there when she is supposed to be looking for Jessica.

Yuri doesn’t know why, but she does.

Her feet moved on its own accord, and she finds herself being pushed side to side from different bodies surrounding her while trying to get the front of the crowd.

But what she saw was not expecting.

She had an inkling of what happened, someone must’ve gotten into an accident or something. But for the ‘someone’ to be Jessica? Never in her life could she have expected it.

Although everything seemed to take a long time after Jessica walked out of their apartment, this juncture seemed to be exceptionally slow. Yuri has to stare at the scene in front of her for a while, her mind continuously repeating the image as she tries to repeatedly blink the horribly vivid images away. The vivid image of her lover there, with blood seeping out of her body at an intense speed and her body twisted at angles she never would have imagined. Yuri doesn’t even have time to think when her body acted on its own accord again. She throws herself against the woman lying on the wet, slippery road and embraces the bruised body within her frail arms.

“Someone call the ambulance!”

 

---

 

One year and two months later, Yuri drives to the outskirts of the city where Jessica’s grave is located. She visits often, but not as often as she usually did the first time Jessica passed away. She has stopped her addiction, the death of her lover being a good enough reason. And even though she has accumulated a lot of debt and has acquired so many disasters in her life, Yuri still likes to think that she’s still going strong and that she’s tackling the obstacles on at a time.

“Hi.”

Yuri whispers softly as her hand shoots out to run her hand over the cold stone, something she always does when she visits her lover. It’s become a habit for her now; there was a connection between her and the stone. She thought of it as her only way to actually touch something Jessica owned after she left.

 Yuri places the bouquet of beautifully arranged flowers she bought on the way on her stone and settles herself in front of it. She pulls out a light pink carnation from the center of the bouquet and places it right in front –Jessica’s favorite flower of her favorite color.

 “I visited your parents last week. It’s getting harder and harder for them to visit here so they were sorry that they couldn’t make it. You understand, right?” she asks softly.

Yuri looks at her surrounding, surveying the green grass and tranquil atmosphere around her. It is spring and the flowers are blooming beautifully. Her mid-length wavy hair is sloshing back and forth with the cool breeze as it seemed to whisper Jessica’s name into her ears. It seemed to; But Yuri knows that it is all in her head, a mere hallucination or a moment of paranoia. Maybe she misses her too much these days, the nights have been getting a lot more lonely.

Yeah, maybe that’s why she hears Jessica’s name everywhere.

 The trees are lightly dancing with the wind and Yuri couldn’t have been more thankful for the lovely weather. What used to be her most favorite weather is now the one she fears the most. Yuri’s developed a sort of abhorrence toward rainy days. Although she knows it was her fault that night, she feels that she could live better if she pointed the blame toward something else.

Yuri is not ready to accept that fact that it is her fault yet. She is still in the process of getting over the loss of her other half. It’s been years already, and everyone thinks she’s gotten over it, everyone thinks she should start anew, but all Yuri’s been doing really is closing her emotions in. The only thing she’s been doing differently is not crying because she’s tired of the swollen eyes, the endless bottles of concealer she has to use to look presentable at work and the sadness the droplets of water brings because all it ever reminds her of are her mistakes. She knows crying won’t help.

Crying is just another method of torturing herself by going back to the past.

But if pretending that everything is okay would get people off her back, then she will keep the façade of moving on a bit longer. Even if it meant it was slowly rotting her insides.

“I got a promotion this week, so I might not be able to visit you for a while since I’m going to be busy with work. Also, I’ve been starting to pay off all the debt now. I’m working hard to pay our rent and everything is fine lately.” Yuri loudly swallows a big lump in . “It gets lonely and I sometimes wonder if I should sell it because it’s too big for one person but it’s not just me living in there, right? You’re with me.”

The girl doesn’t say anything after that. She just spends the day sitting there because she doesn’t want to share the rest of her day because she finds it impractical and futile. Because every day seems like a task to her, something she has to get by in life. While there are happy days, no matter how rare they seem nowadays, there are days where the main objective is to just put one foot forward after the other.  She only wants to tell her lover happy things, not the boring crap she despises with all her might.

And just like that, the rest of her day passes by. It eventually gets late and before she knows it, the sun starts setting, and Yuri takes that as her cue to leave. She whispers a soft ‘I love you’ and plants a light kiss on the cold grave stone before standing up to leave.

 But just as she’s about to walk away, she sees a figure, a very familiar figure. But the figure is flickering, as if it was a mere hologram. The figure is smiling softly at her with eyes that she can’t read, and it looks like she was dying out. Maybe it was a hologram, because it couldn’t have been a ghost. The figure looked very much alive.

“Jessica?” Yuri calls out and narrows her eyes, trying to see if it actually is her and her eyes aren’t betraying her. She squints, and this time she knows her eyes are betraying her because it can’t be. It can’t be her. She knows it’s the aftereffect of spending sleepless nights and that this is all a delusion, but she can’t help but say her name out loud.

“Sica!” She calls out again and the flickering figure of her solidifies, and it makes her heart skip a beat because it looks like she’s actually there. Yuri wishes she would never snap out of this delusion and hopes that she could just stay here, beside her lover’s grave with the figure of Jessica in front of her, away from all the judgments and the city has left to offer her. Yuri tries to step forward and come closer, but the flickering figure of Jessica dissipates like vapor before she can even raise her hand to try and touch her.

“Sica…”

 


Author's Note: 

HI! I'm sorry I took so long to upload this. And i'm sorry I disappointed you with this story even though I took so long to upload this.

Anyways, since this story was written for/requested by skyvenger. I FINALLY UPLOADED IT! YAYY! And I followed the outline you gave me:

Argument -> confession -> misunderstandings -> accident -> die -> cliffhanger

BE PROUD OF ME!

 

So, back to the readers! I'm sorry for wasting your time with this story and as a peace offering, I am going to give you a virtual oreo! Even though it won't make up for your time! YAYY!

Okay, i'm really sorry.

.

.

.

.... Well,  I HOPE YOU HAVE A PLEASANT DAY! <3