Don't Hate Me

Don't Hate Me

Hanbin made his way to the kitchen, where he knew Yunhyeong was.

“Yunhyeong?” He said once he reached the kitchen. He didn’t get a reply and he frowned.

“Yunhyeong?” He tried again. He heard a sigh from somewhere to his right and he turned his body slightly to face the source of the sound.

“Are you really going to keep ignoring me?” Hanbin asked a little annoyed.

Yunhyeong didn’t answer him and Hanbin huffed.

“I don’t see what your problem—”

“My problem,” Yunhyeong interrupted, making Hanbin’s heart leap when he heard the anger clearly in his voice, “is that you go missing for three days without telling me. Three days, Hanbin! No call, no text, nothing! You left without a word, skipping our date that we have been planning for months. You made me worry something bad happened to you and then you came back this morning expecting me to forgive you right away. That’s my problem, Hanbin.”

He brushed past Hanbin, his shoulder hitting Hanbin’s, making him stumble. He heard the door to their room slam shut and Hanbin winced.

Hanbin sat down at the table and rested his head on his hands. The guilt was gnawing at him and Hanbin wanted nothing more than for Yunhyeong to be there with him.

But Yunhyeong was right. He had left without telling him for three days and expected Yunhyeong to be okay with it.

“I’m going out until late,” he heard Yunhyeong say. The door opened and closed before Hanbin could say anything to him.

He sighed and took out his phone, telling it to call Jinhwan.

“Hello?” Jinhwan said.

“Jinhwan, I need your help,” Hanbin said.

“What did you do this time?”

“I told you about how I needed to get away and maybe visit my parents someday, right?”

Jinhwan hummed in agreement.

“Well, I kind of forgot to tell Yunhyeong about it and left for three days. And now he’s mad at me.”

Hanbin heard Jinhwan chuckle on the other end.

“It’s going to take a lot for Yunhyeong to forgive you again, you know that right?”

“That’s why I need your help! Can you please come over?”

Jinhwan was silent for a moment. “I was supposed to go out with Junhoe today.”

“Just bring him along! I don’t mind.”

Jinhwan chuckled again. “Alright, alright. I’ll ask him if he wants to come. But isn’t this the first time you’ll be meeting him?”

“Oh, yeah.  The first time I’m meeting him and I’m having boyfriend problems.”

“Right, well, I’ll be there in an hour or so. Where’s Yunhyeong, by the way?”

“I don’t know. He just said he’ll be out until it’s late.”

Jinhwan whistled. “Wow, you really messed up then, Hanbin.”

“I—” Hanbin didn’t get to finish as Jinhwan hung up the phone.

“Jerk,” he muttered.

An hour later, Hanbin was still sitting in the kitchen when he heard a knock on the door.

“Jinhwan?” he said through the door.

“And Junhoe,” Jinhwan replied back.

Hanbin flung open the door with a smile on his face.

“You don’t know how happy I am that you actually came. I was freaking out.”

Jinhwan laughed from somewhere to his left and Hanbin moved his head to face him better.

“Did you really doubt that I would come?” Jinhwan asked.

Hanbin shrugged. “Just a little bit.”

He heard a snort from his right and he turned his head toward it.

“You must be Junhoe,” he said. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you, too,” Junhoe said, a little awkwardly.

Jinhwan cleared his throat. “Aren’t you going to invite us in, Hanbin?”

“Oh, yes, sorry.” Hanbin moved to the side to let them in.

“Living room?” Jinhwan asked once Hanbin had closed the door behind them and Hanbin nodded.

Once they were all settled down in the living room Hanbin spoke.

“Okay, how do I make Yunhyeong not hate me anymore?”

“Wait, what did you do?” Junhoe asked. “Jinhwan only told me that you had boyfriend trouble.”

“I didn’t tell him I was going out and left for three days.”

“How do you just not tell him that?” Junhoe asked incredulously.

“I kind of forgot,” Hanbin admitted sheepishly.

“I can see why he’s mad then, you were stupid for not telling him,” Junhoe said, and then yelped as Jinhwan hit him.

“Sorry,” he mumbled to Hanbin and was surprised when Hanbin laughed.

“No, you’re right. I was stupid. But now I need to make him not hate me anymore.”

“Have you tried apologizing?” Jinhwan asked.

Hanbin shook his head. “He left before I could.”

“Well, that’s always a good place to start,” Junhoe said, dodging Jinhwan’s next hit.

“It won’t be enough though. I need to do something else.”

“What else did you do, Hanbin?” Jinhwan asked. “Because it seems like it was more than just not telling him you were going out.”

Hanbin sighed. “Yunhyeong and I have been planning a date together for months and it happened when I went out. Honestly, I forgot about it when I went out and didn’t remember until Yunhyeong told me this morning.”

“Wow,” was all Junhoe said.

“Why don’t we make Yunhyeong dinner then? To make up for missing the date and to say you’re sorry,” Jinhwan suggested. “Junhoe and I will help you of course.”

“What? Why do I have to help?” Junhoe asked and then yelped again when Jinhwan hit his arm again.

“This is abuse, you know,” Junhoe muttered before agreeing to help.

“Thank you,” Hanbin said sincerely.

Once the trio finished making dinner and setting the table, Hanbin started to fidget nervously.

“What if he decides to stay out tonight and doesn’t come back until tomorrow? What if he doesn’t like the food we made? What if—” Hanbin stopped ranting when he felt hands on his shoulders.

“Relax, Hanbin,” Jinhwan said. “I’ll call Yunhyeong and tell him to come back home, okay?”

“Okay. But don’t tell him we made dinner!”

“I wasn’t planning on it,” Jinhwan said, and Hanbin could hear the smile in his voice.

“We’ll be going now,” Jinhwan said and Junhoe cheered.

“Not that I don’t like you, Hanbin, but we had plans of our own,” Junhoe explained.

They left, leaving Hanbin in the kitchen to worry. He sat down at the table and stayed there until he heard the door open and close softly. He sprung out of his chair, almost making the chair fall down.

“Hanbin?” He heard Yunhyeong say, and suddenly Hanbin wanted to cry.

He cleared his throat and called out, “In the kitchen, Yunhyeong.”

It felt like forever to Hanbin while he waited for Yunhyeong. His heart was pounding in his chest and Hanbin tried not to fidget so much.

He heard a gasp from the doorway and Hanbin nervously faced Yunhyeong.

“Hanbin?” Yunhyeong asked confused.

Hanbin cleared his throat again. “I made dinner to make up for the fact that I went out and missed our date. And because I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, Yunhyeong. Please don’t hate me. I love you and I can’t stand it when you’re mad at me.”

Yunhyeong was quiet for a long time and Hanbin couldn’t tell if he was even in the same room anymore. He was startled when hands were suddenly grabbing his face and then Yunhyeong was kissing him.

“You idiot,” Yunhyeong whispered when he pulled away from Hanbin. “I could never stay mad at you for long.”

Hanbin smiled and leaned forward to kiss Yunhyeong again.

“Come on,” Hanbin said. “Dinner is ready.”


Thank you to everyone for subscribing! <3

I'm actually very confused because when I looked at the yunbin tag it says there are 3 fanfics but only my 2 stories showed up with no third one and I just??? I'm so confused.

Also happy anniversary to me, it's been exactly one year since I joined this site. There's a little present next to the joined date on my profile and it actually made me so happy like what even.

I hope you enjoyed!