Bloody Aftermath

The Dragon Couple

Before We Begin: Don't ask what I was thinking as I wrote this, I just let my fingers do the writing for me.


Red…

Everywhere…

Blood…

Smell…

Yifan!

Who…my name…blood…smell…red…

This is not you, Yifan! You are not the monster that the villagers say you are! I know you have a good heart, and I know that you would never hurt another. Please hear my voice!

Red…dying…someone…calling my…who…

Yifan!

Know…someone…smell…same…smell…Tora?

Yifan, watch out!

NO!

-

It was all over. There was nothing left. Kris stared helplessly around the clearing, splatters of blood painted over the trees and the ground in a gruesome fashion. Underneath the largest of the clearing’s trees writhed Tora, her breathing laboured and shallow thanks to the large bouts of pain that coursed through her battle-beaten body.

“Yi…fan…” she groaned out, using the tree to stagger to her feet. Kris stumbled forward to her, his body still numb from the events that had just transpired.

“What have I done?” he breathed, the words making his tongue tremble.

“This w…wasn’t you…” Tora allowed him to catch her tired body, “Th-the…villagers wanted….wanted you dead…I h-had to…to stop…them…” She curled into his arms when Kris lifted her up, “I…bewitched…made them…attack…you…did n-n-nothing…”

“Shh…” Kris pulled her closer to him, feeling her heart beat shallowly against his bare chest, “You’ll be safe. I promise you.” Tora nodded weakly, clutching his forearms with whatever strength she had left.

“Yifan…” she began.

“Save your strength,” Kris took off away from the clearing, away from the blood, “I promise you Tora, I will keep you safe.” He held her tighter still as she drifted in his arms, vowing to himself to never let anyone get hurt on his behalf again.


Author's Note: ...I'm sorry.