1/1

Teacher's Game

"Sehun-ah," Luhan begins as he takes his seat next to Sehun in the teachers' lounge so that they can eat their lunch together as they do every day.

"Mwhat?" Sehun inquires, mouth full of his BLT.

"Nothing, just missed you is all." Luhan responds as he snuggles closer to Sehun.

"You forgot your lunch at home again, didn't you?"

"No." Luhan pouts up at the younger who merely quirks his eyebrow in response.

"Maybe." Now both of Sehun's eyebrows are raised.

"Okay, fine, I did, I left it at home again!" Luhan exclaims, his pout deepening even further.

"Luhan, I even reminded you as we were walking out the door to grab your lunch, ohmygod."

"I wasn't listening, I was too distracted."

"By what, exactly?"

"How cute your looks in those pants."

Sehun thanked the heavens that he had swallowed his water before Luhan said that, because had he not, he would have spewed it all over the table.

"Luhan~" Sehun whined, face bright red.

"So really, if you think about it, it's all your fault, so you should give me the other half of your sandwhich."

Before Sehun could even reply to that, Luhan had already reached over and taken the other half of his BLT and bitten into it.

Sehun merely rolled his eyes and continued eating his lunch, sliding his water bottle closer to Luhan for easier access.

                                                                                       

"Sehun." ... "Sehun." ... "SEHUN!"

"Goddamnit, Luhan, I'm trying to grade papers, what the hell do you want?"

"I've devised a plan to bring two souls together forever."

"Oh my God, not again."

"Don't sass me, boy."

"Oh my God."

"Aren't you going to ask me who it is?"

"No," Sehun deadpans, turning back to the poorly written history papers he was grading.

"Well I'm going to tell you anyway," Luhan says, voice chipper, as he clambers onto Sehun's lap, completely ruining his focus.  Sighing, Sehun puts his pen down and wraps his arms around Luhan's thin waist.

"Fine, tell me who it is."

"You know that kid with the big eyes and the cute, heart-shaped smile? Do Kyungsoo?"

"The little one whose papers are the only one I don't feel physical pain reading?"

"Yeah, he's a clever kid."

"Okaay..."

"And then Kim Jongin?"

"KIM JONGIN!?"

"Yes, Kim Jongin. Congratulations, your hearing is intact."

"AS IN THE KIM JONGIN? THE BOY THAT SLEEPS AROUND WITH LITERALLY EVERY GIRL AND IS THE STAR PLAYER OF THE SOCCER TEAM!? THAT KIM JONGIN!?"

"Sehun-ah, I haven't seen you this fired up in a while. Fiesty. I like it."

"Luhan, I think this is not an instance in which you should try to play match-maker. For 's sake, Jongin'll eat him alive."

"Ah, but I know something you don't know." Luhan singsongs, playfully tapping Sehun's nose.

"Oh dear lord. What?"

"Kim Jongin totally has a crush on his cute little sunbae."

"And you are under this impression how exactly?"

"They're both in my Lit II class. Jongin is always sneaking 'inconspicuous' glances at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's completely oblivious of course, and that's where I come in."

"Luhan, this is such a bad idea."

"Oh shush, you."

"Why do you have to keep living vicariously through your students? Why is this a thing you must do?"

"Because, Hunnie Bear, I do not get enough romance in my life."

"And what am I? Chopped liver?"

"Of course not. Chopped liver is gross, and you are oh so delectable..."

                                                                           

"Sehun."

"Oh my God, you forgot your lunch again?"

"Of course not, don't be ridiculous. When have I ever neglected to bring my lunch?"

"Yesterday."

"That is beside the point, my dear Hunnie Bear."

"I told you never to call me that in a school setting."

"Hush. Now, phase one of my Operation Kaisoo will be taking affect right after lunch."

Sehun groans and lets his head fall onto the table so that now he's looking up at Luhan with a slightly cross-eyed, and entirely resigned expression.

Luhan just keeps staring back at him, blinking innocently.

"Aren't you going to ask what phase one of Operation Kaisoo is?"

Heaving a great sigh, Sehun gives into his demands. "Fine. What is phase one of Operation Kaisoo."

"I'm glad you asked, my dear Hunnie Bear. Phase one is titled: Force Them to Communicate. I've decided my class is going to be doing a partnered project. I am going to pair the two of them together and they're going to fall madly in love."

"Teenagers hate group projects. They're going to get that done as soon as they can and will go out of their way not to have to work on it outside of school."

"You know nothing, John Snow."

"Shut the up."

"Language! This is an educational facility!"

"Oh my God," Sehun groans once again, pushing himself off of the table and leaving the teachers' lounge before Luhan can tell him anymore of his ridiculous scheme.

Luhan merely smiles contentedly as he finishes off the lunch that Sehun left behind.

                                                                                        

"Sehun."

"Luhan, I never got to finish grading these papers last night because of your constant distractions. I have got to do it tonight. The kids'll be so mad if I don't have them for them tomorrow. They've been pestering me all week."

"This is more important."

"No."

Sehun reaches forward to grab the next paper, but is interrupted from the task by Luhan placing his skinny smugly on the pile of to-be-graded papers.

"Really?"

"Yes. Aren't you going to ask me how phase one of Operation Kaisoo went?"

"Even if I don't, you're going to tell me anyway."

"Correct, so just ask."

"How did phase one go?"

"I don't appreciate the lack of interest in your voice. Ask again."

"HOW DID PHASE ING ONE OF OPERATION KAISOO ING GO!?!?"

"Too much enthusiasm this time, but I will concede.  IT WAS SO CUTE!" Luhan squeals shrilly, causing Sehun to jump. "As soon as I called out their pair, Jongin's face turned bright red (though it was hard to tell since he's so beautifully bronzed).  He walked over to Kyungsoo rubbing the nape of his neck awkwardly and was just like, 'You're Kyungsoo, right? I guess we're partners.' And then Kyungsoo's ears turned pink and he looked down at his hands and he was just like, 'yeah, I guess so.' And then Jongin was like, 'I guess we should exchange numbers so we can get in touch with each other.' And then Kyungsoo didn't say anything, just handed his phone over for Jongin to enter his number and I snuck up behind him and subtly watched him do it and he put a little heart next to his name and when he handed it back Kyungsoo blushed even harder and I'm currently dying, Oh Sehun. The cuteness is overwhelming me and I am dead."

"Good, maybe I'll be able to actually grade these god damned papers."

"Oh Sehun, I tell you I witnessed the beginnings of true love unfold before my eyes and you respond like such a Negative Nancy. We have been together for five years, how has my enthusiasm and positivity not rubbed off on you."

"Luhan, seriously, I do not have time for this."

"Fine Mr. Crabby Pants, see if I let you have a go at these adorable buns anytime soon."

Sehun rolls his eyes as Luhan pouts and sashays away. Now he'll be up till at least midnight trying to get this done.

                                                                                                  

"Sehun."

"I brought your lunch myself this time." Sehun responds as he hands over a brown paper bag.

"You're still iled."

Sehun sighs.

"Come on Luhan, it's been a week. I've asked you every day to update me on Operation Kaisoo."

"I will end your punishment once Kaisoo gets together."

"That's not going to happen."

"I need your help," Luhan ignores him. "Their relationship has become stagnant. They are both too nervous to take the next step. They need an intervention."

"Oh no."

"Oh yes."

"No."

"Actually, yes."

                                                                            

How he's found himself in this situation, Sehun does not know.

"Mr. Oh? You wanted to see me after class?"

"Uh, yeah," Sehun clears his throat uncomfortably. "Please Kyungsoo, take a seat."

"Sure. What's this about though?"

"Um, your paper was really well written. Good job."

"Thank you. Is that all you wanted to see me about?"

"Um, no." Sehun looks away and flushes bright red.

"Are you okay, Mr. Oh?"

"No, not really."

"Why, are you and Mr. Xi having relationship troubles?"

Sehun chokes on his spit.

"Sorry if that was out of bounds."

"No, it's fine." Sehun chokes out. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm here if there's ever anything you need to talk about."

"Oh, well, thanks. I'll see you around then."

Sehun bows his head in defeat. He chickened out. Luhan is going to kill him and he's never going to get to have again.

"Actually, Mr. Oh?"

"Just call me Sehun, Kyungsoo. I'm not that much older than you anyway."

"Okay, um, Sehun? There is something I wanted to ask you about."

"Ask away."

"How did you know you were, you know...gay?"

Sehun is proud of himself for actually keeping his composure this time around.

"I didn't. I had no idea what my ual orientation was until Luhan kissed me. I thought I liked girls. Truthfully, I still think I like girls. I just like Luhan a little more."

"So you didn't know you were gay? That's normal?"

"Completely normal. If Luhan hadn't confessed, I would probably never have found out, to be honest. Why? Is there a boy you like?"

"I - I think there might be? But I don't know if he's interested in me too? He kind of sleeps around a lot. With girls. But we've been working on this project together and I think I really like him. And he's really touchy when we're together, but I don't know if that's just how he is or..."

"Have you spent any time with him outside of school?"

"A little bit, but always in public places."

"Maybe you should try talking to him about it? Ask him to meet you after school in the band room or something? No one is ever there after 3:30, that would be as good a place as any."

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks Mr. Oh."

"Sehun. And, uh, you're welcome. I hope it works out for you."

                                                                                            

"Sehun."

"Luhan."

"Did you talk to him?"

"I did. Did you talk to Jongin?"

"I did."

"And?"

Luhan's response is a sharp and piercing squeal that causes the neighbors' dogs to start barking.

                                                                                             

"Sehun."

"Yes, Luhan?" Sehun asks after swallowing down his bite of his pb&j sandwhich.

"Today's the day"

"What?"

"I overheard Kyungsoo ask Jongin to meet him in the band room after school. Today's the day."

"I'm so happy for you. Does this mean I'm no longer iled?"

"You have such a one track mind."

"Is that a yes or a no?"

"We'll find out together after we've witnessed Operation Kaisoo reach it's ."

"Luhan, word choice please. Also, we are not spying on the private time of two high school boys."

"We are if you ever want to sleep with me again."

Sehun sighs once more.

                                                                                             

"Sehun."

"No, I'm not doing it."

"Yes you are."

"There is no way in hell I am climbing into that cramped tuba cubby with you to spy on two of our students."

"Don't argue with me. Just get your fine in there."

"Luhan, no."

"But Hunnie Bear~" Luhan pouts and widens his doe eyes as big as they will go.

"No."

"Quick, they're coming!" Luhan forcefully shoves Sehun into the cubby when he hears the door to the instrument storage room rattle.

"Goddamnit Luhan."

"Sh!" Luhan hisses as he clamps a hand over Sehun's mouth.

"Ew! Did you just me!"

"I did. Deal with it."

"What are you, five!?"

"Sh!"

The two of them peek around the edge of the cubby to see Jongin stride up to Kyungsoo.

"Jongin. Hi. You came."

"I did." Jongin says, stopping just short of Kyungsoo, closer than social rules typically allowed.

"You said there was something you wanted to say to me?"

"I...um...I-"

"Yeah?" Jongin takes a step closer to Kyungsoo so that now the poor boy has to tilt his head up to look at him.

"I think - I- I think that maybe I might possibly like you. I hope you're not freaked out or anything, but I-"

Jongin cuts off his stammering by swooping in and kissing him passionately.

Luhan squeals and falls out of the cubby.

The two boys spring apart and stare at their Lit teacher as he tries to regain a standing position.

"Mr. Xi?" Jongin questions. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh my God, Luhan, you're such an embarrassment."

"Mr. Oh?"

"Kyungsoo, I told you to call me Sehun."

"What are you two doing here?" Jongin moves in front of Kyungsoo posessively.

"Awe, Hunnie Bear! Look at them! They're in love."

"Luhan, I swear to God," Sehun mumbles as his face turns bright red in tandem with his two blushing students.

"Hunnie Bear! It's so cute!!"

"Luhan, I think it's time for us to go." Sehun practically drags the older male out the door as he continues to coo over the sight of their two students as they're now holding hands.

"What do you think that was about?" Jongin asks a blushing Kyungsoo as he pulls him closer, leaning down for another kiss.

"I have no idea," Kyungsoo responds, words brushing over Jongin's lips.

                                                                                    

"Luhan."

"Yes Hunnie Bear?" Luhan bats his eyelashes at him innocently.

"I helped you in Operation Kaisoo."

"You did."

"Does this mean I'm no longer iled?"

"I don't know, does it?" Luhan purrs, grabbing Sehun's tie and pulling him down for a heated, and very long overdue kiss.

 

 

 

A/N:

Um, what? I was supposed to be writing an annotated bibliography and outline on the effects of the Counter Reformation on Baroque art. Or maybe even my two ongoing fanfics. But, this happened instead. Feel free to vomit from the sugar overdose. I'm right there with you.