Chapter 1

Goddesses of Fate and Destiny

Jieun’s P.O.V

“ Is this fate?”

“ Yes!” I put my fist up in the air after completing my mission – which was getting a guy and a girl together. I was sitting on a tree after tripping the girl to make her bump into the guy. I saw the guy introduce himself and then the girl. I grinned as the pair walked off together, smiling at each other. I jumped of the tree and landed on my feet. I looked around to make sure no one was watching me – of course, no one saw me. I was invisible.

That is one of the powers given when you become a GFD(Goddess of Fate and Destiny). One GFD gets two powers – one unique power and one common power that all 3 of us have. Memory erasing. My power is invisibility. Chaewon unni has psychokinesis a.k.a telekinesis and Shinhye unni has time stopping.

 The 3 of us find girls that are desperate for boyfriends and we match them with a suitable partner. There are 3 types of love – high school love, young adult love and adult love. High school love is the starting of high school until the end of high school, young adult love is the starting of college until the end of college(or university) and adult love is when you start working.  I help girls around my age(high school love) while Shinhye unni helps girls around her age(young adult love) and Chaewon unni helps girl’s around hers (adult love).

The 3 of us didn’t age after we were chosen. That basically means we’re immortal – and it also means I have to stay in high school until I find the One. Ah, yes. The One. If I find my soulmate, I can step down from my position and live my life like any other normal human being. Same goes to Chaewon unni and Shinhye unni. If one of us finds our soulmate, it doesn’t necessarily mean we all have to find a soulmate. Before stepping down, I have to find a girl to replace me.

We’re still the first generation, but we’ve been at it for 3 years – not that I dislike it or anything. I actually love it. Seeing the smiles on people’s faces and the feeling of accomplishment. Well, I guess it’s the price I pay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------     

“ I’m home!” I shouted as I took of my sneakers. I saw Chaewon unni sorting out some documents in the living room. It looked like she was too concentrated on her work to notice me, but that didn’t stop me from telling her about my day.

“ Unni! Guess what? I finally had a client after a week! It feels good to be back.” I plopped onto the couch beside Chaewon unni, making the couch shake lightly.

“ Really? That’s good.” She said without taking her eyes off the documents. She really needs to stop working so hard.

“ Aren’t you going to ask me why I didn’t have any clients for a whole week?” I asked her. I wanted to keep this conversation going.

“ Why?” She asked, once again not looking at me.

“ Because one of our favorite teachers retired, so everyone was bummed out.” I answered. It really was a pity. She was my favorite teacher – even though she doesn’t know I exist. I have to keep a low profile since I keep repeating my high school years. If any school mates know me, they’ll naturally forget about me the next year. If they don’t, I’ll have to erase their memory.

“ Jieun, can you refill my cup of water, please?” Chaewon unni finally looked at me and handed me her cup.

“ Sure!” I gladly took the cup from her hand since she finally looked at me. I walked to the kitchen to get the bottle of water.

“ I’m back!” I heard Shinhye unni’s voice from the entrance. After refilling Chaewon unni’s cup, I walked back to the living room. I saw Shinhye unni holding a bouquet of flowers.

“ Isn’t today you’re day off?” I asked her. She works part time as a florist. Today was her day off, so bringing flowers back home was a bit unusual.

“ Someone confessed to me.” Shinhye unni said. Chaewon unni looked away from the documents to look at Shinhye. I blinked a few times.

“ What?”

“ Someone confessed to me.” Shinhye unni said again.

“ What did you do?” I asked her.

“ I erased his memories.” Shinhye unni answered.

“ You didn’t need to do that! Someone confessed to you! You could have had just a bit of fun with him!” Chaewon unni spoke up, being her usual self.

“ I’m not like you.” Shinhye unni put the bouquet of flowers on the dining table. She took an empty vase, filled with water and put the flowers in the vase. After that, she went to her room. Chaewon unni sighed and went back to her documents.

“Shinhye unni, was the guy that confessed to you cute?” I asked her.

“ I guess you could say that… he had a ton of girlfriends. A total playboy.” Shinhye unni said. I nodded my head. No wonder she rejected him. You see, Shinhye unni hates playboys. They’re always messing around girl’s hearts, much to her dismay. It messes the whole fate and destiny. Once, Shinhye unni got an innocent girl and an older playboy together. The innocent girl lost her ity the next day.

“ Unni, aren’t you interested in finding The One? You can finally be free from this job and do all those stupid young adult stuff(you know what I mean).” I asked her. She sat on her bed and hugged her bolster that was beside her.

“ It’s not easy finding a person you love and cherish more than your parents. It takes time to really know that person and accept them for who they really are. You should know that.” She told me.

“ Because I’m a GFD?”

“ Because you’re a GFD. Now get out, I’m going to bathe.” She said jokingly. I rolled my eyes and left her room. I didn’t get a clear answer from her… was it a yes or a no? Oh, what the heck. If she wanted to find love, she could have gotten a boyfriend right from the start with those looks of hers.

As I walked into my room, my phone vibrated through the pocket of my shorts.

* Another mission!* I thought and took my phone out my pocket to look who my client was. Yes, we use phones to know who our clients are, not a gigantic book we have to carry around everywhere we go. It’s not the Joseon Dynasty.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcHGSKr2IY1UkQ-bo8FvHec3SvZrA-gf_25dO0RMz2lHfcB3CyRA

Name: Jung Eunji
Age: 17
Partner: Seo Inguk
Location: In front of the ***** store

I didn’t really need any more information. All I need to do was find my client and her partner. I ran to the entrance and put my shoes on.

“ I’m going out! I have another client!” I shouted.

“ Make it quick! It’s almost time for dinner!” Chaewon unni shouted. I ran out of our apartment and went to the location. While running, I snapped my fingers and in a blink of an eye I became invisible.

* There they are!* I saw Eunji walk towards Inguk and vise versa. If I don’t distract her, she won’t bump into Inguk. I ran behind Eunji and tapped her on the shoulder. She looked back and looked straight into my eyes, but of course, she wasn’t really looking at me. Before she turned around, I already placed my foot there so she could fall on top of Inguk.

“ I’m so sorry! Are you okay???” Eunji looked at him with concerned eyes. He looked at her with wide eyes.

“ Is this fate?”

---------------------------------------------------------------
Chappie 1 is out~
How is it?? Boring? Not that boring? Comment in the comment section below!

 

 

 

Please comment, subscribe and upvote(if you want)!