The Man She Cared For

Endless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She turned the knob and stares at the patient bed. His forehead was tied up neatly with white bandage. Bruises are found on his face. She cried silently, covering from making noise. She creep quietly and sat beside the bed. 

"Kwang Soo.. Are you okay?" 

He recognized her voice instantly. Though he was worn out, but he forced himself to keep awake. He unfold his eyelid weakly. Half open as hes really tired due to the anesthetic effect. 

"Hey.." Kwang Soo tried smiling, pretending that he's just doing fine. His lips were curved upwards a little.

"Wh-what happened?" Her voice trembles as her her petite finger brushed against his bare face. Trying not to touch those wounded area with pressure. Thought just a slight touch on his wound, he flinched a little. "Got caught in a small fight when we both were on the way to the pub." He paused a few moment to takes his breathe. "How's... Samuel?" He continues.

"I-I don't know. I got a call earlier. Telling me that you both are hospitalized due to injuries. I came over to see you first." Ji Hyo pulled out her jacket sleeve and wipes off the tears that about to slope downwards from the eyelid. "I was so scared when I got the call.. I didn't believe it at first, but they told me that they got your identification when you are sent to the hospital." The more she speaks, the harder for her to control her emotion. She fan herself as she felt her body is getting warmer. "Oh god...I didn't expect that these happens when you were outside."

"It was an accident. I'm glad that I'm still in one piece to see you again. If I left you and Min Jung, I would be full of regrets.."

"Don't! Don't say that! You better take back your words, Lee Kwang Soo!" Warned Ji Hyo, but his words makes her burst into tears even more. "I hate you..." She hit gently against Kwang Soo's chest.

He had the urge to laugh, but due to his current situation, he had to control himself. He replaced his laughter with a smile. "I know. I love you too.." Knowing the deeper meaning of Ji Hyo's words. He bring her closer and brushed her hair. Soothing the crybaby in the room.

_________________________________________________________

"She really made a good choice. I'm happy for you both." Whispered Samuel who witness the whole scene. His expression, doesn't seem upset at all. In fact, only happiness appeared in him. He slides the door gently, leaving a mild creak sound. With a small gap, he leaned his side shoulder against the door as he witnessed the lovers acts. He then voiced out.

"Looks like you made a good choice, Ji Hyo. Good for you, Kwang Soo." She turned back with her teary eyes, and she spotted Samuel. Who's giving them an applause. Some mild wound were found on his face. She was dumbfounded of seeing Samuel who was fine, unlike Kwang Soo.

"Samuel??" She cleaned off the tears as she asked. "Are you okay? I thought you are  hospitalized due to severe injures. The nurse gave me a call and told me."

"I'm fine.. It's a test we both did actually. And that nurse just lend a hand to report the matter. It's a false alarm."

"You both lied? Rascal kids!!!" She stares at Kwang Soo, with a mix feeling. "Yah!! Lee Kwang Soo! You almost give me a heart attack!" She punched on Kwang Soo's chest. He throbbed upward a little, curling himself into a C form. Whining in pain. His face turned red, like a fresh red tomato.

"Hey Song Ji Hyo!! What the hell are you doing?" Samuel ran closer to Kwang Soo, asking in surprise. Ji Hyo moved a step backward, thinking why Samuel so anxious with the hit. "Are you trying you killing him?!" Samuel asked with anger.

"What? He won't die just because of that hit!" Yelled Ji Hyo

"Won't die?" Ji Hyo just blinked her eyes with confusion. Couldn't fathom with Samuel's words. "Can't you see?" Samuel pointed closely towards Kwang Soo's chest. "Kwang Soo is injured. For real! He saved my life, by risking himself on danger."

"What?" When her eyes gazed on him, a faint red patch slowly appeared on his chest. And he seemed to be in great pain, sweat started to appear on his forehead. "Oh my god.. Kwang Soo! I'm so sorry...." She apologized continuously and press on the emergency button for a few times.

"Gosh.. I can't believe that you punch him just like that. You are such an evil person." Samuel went to reopen his hospital gown to check on his wound. "His stitches has reopen and he need to be restitch back. Nurse!!" Samuel yelled out from the ward room.

"How foolish I am... I'm so sorry." Ji Hyo couldn't control her sob.

"Its okay.." He whimpers with great pain. By that time, the nurses hurried in with a trolley filled with equipment, checking on their patient's condition. "I'm sorry but I need you both to leave the room for a moment." Instructed one of the nurse.

She escorted the two adults from the room and shuts the room door. While waiting for the nurse to reappear from the room, Samuel starts to have a conversation with Ji Hyo. "Your action.. It proves that you still loves him." Smiled Samuel as his attention are on Ji Hyo. Her hand were shivering. Seeing blood from Kwang Soo's wound. 

"Hey..." He held her shaky han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter