INVISIBILITY

Invisibility

The interview ended at 2am and as soon as the boys got home, they went out like a light, some not even having enough energy to shower. L.joe, on the other hand, couldn't get himself to sleep no matter how tired he was. One thought, or rather, one person constantly occupied his mind.

 

Lee Chan Hee. A.K.A. Chunji.

 

Back in their trainee day the two friends got on extremely well and on L.Joe's side, it developed into a small crush on the older boy. At least, that's what L.Joe told himself. It wasn't that the idea of being gay bothered him, but the fact that it was effectively his best friend he was crushing on.

 

Over the years, L.Joe became more and more fond of Chunji and ended up falling hard for him. He started showing hints roughly two years ago, during their 'Miss Right' promotions. But whatever he did, Chunji just classed as friendliness and the boy stayed oblivious to his dongsaeng's feelings for him. Even the members had noticed, including the slowest ones.

 

As L.Joe laid in bed, revisiting the memories he had with the older boy, and wondering where he'd gone so wrong to be friend-zoned, he came up with a final decision. 'I'm going to confess to him!' He thought. But it was a lot easier said than done.

 

The next day L.joe greeted Chunji with a back hug. He was surprised but didn't say anything more. They had a free day so L.joe took Chunji to the practice rooms to play him a piece of music on the piano. He even specified he'd written it for Chunji. The older seemed touched, but showed his appreciation by giving him just another friendly hug and asking him what he wanted for dinner. L.joe was disappointed but didn't give up. He got the idea to help Chunji to prepare the food, forgetting he was actually a klutz when it came to the kitchen. The situation ended up in burning the jjangmyun and Chunji getting aggravated, shooing him out of the kitchen.

 

L.joe sighed as picked at his food. Why was he the only on suffering here from a lack of love life? When the news came through that the dating ban was lifted, everyone was ecstatic. But nobody actually had the guts to ask a girl out. CAP lasted about 2 months in a relationship but that was it. L.joe sighed again and the members exchanged worried looks. Even Chunji couldn't miss the depressing aura surrounding his best friend. So he got up from the dinner table and motioned for L.joe to follow him. When the younger boy failed to comply, he forcefully dragged him out to their shared bedroom.

 

"What's wrong? You've been so depressed lately. Is it your family again?" It was true that he had some recent problems concerning his family and sick grandmother, and it was also true that he was upset about it. But his depression circled a different matter.
"My family is fine. Nothing's wrong." L.joe hadn’t meant to sound so hostile, but he was running out of patience and optimism.
"Don't even try to pull that one on me," Chunji ordered bossily. There was a reason why they called him the 'umma' of the group. "Don't think I haven't noticed how down you've been lately. I'm pretty sharp you know?" L.joe almost burst out laughing at the irony of his statement, but settled on a dark, sarcastic chuckle instead.

 

"Of course you wouldn't miss something like that." L.joe replied. Chunji showed a cocky grin and opened his mouth to compliment himself further bt L.joe beat him to it. "You notice everything. You notice when I'm down. You notice when someone borrowed your shampoo. You notice when one of you boxers are missing because I borrowed them." Chunji frowned, confused. "But do you know why? Have you ever thought of why I use your shampoo? Why I borrow you're boxers even though I more than enough of them myself?"
"Because... you like the smell of the shampoo? And.. you like the fabric of my-"
"Because it's part of you! Dammit, Chanhee it's because it's part of you! It's because I miss you whenever I'm not with you. And those things remind me of you..." By this point L.joe had tears running down his face, looking so sad that Chunji felt like crying himself.
"W-what are you saying?" Chunji hadn't noticed, but L.joe actually managed to make him back up against the wall by advancing towards him. The older boy's eyes widened at the discovery of L.joe trapping him between the walls and himself as well and resting his arms firmly on either side of his to block hs escape from the sides.
"I'm saying that you're an idiot." Chunji pouted and crossed his arms in defence.
"I am no-!" 

 


L.joe cut him off by capturing his lips in a longing kiss. Chunji didn't respond, but didn't push him away either, so he deepened the kiss. L.hoe had waited so long for this moment. He'd been dreaming about it so many times and it was finally happening. The kiss was soft and affectionate, lasting for about a minute until Chunji pushed him away.

 

"W-what are you doing?" He chuckled awkwardly. "Have you been watching too many dramas lately?" L.joe was more frustrated than upset. Why was it so hard for him to be taken seriously?

 

He punched the wall angrily and stormed out of the room, absolutely furious. He couldn't believe Chunji still didn't get it. Just how dense was he? The boy ignored s asking where he was going and left the dorm for some fresh air, eventually ending up in front of his old High School, which was where he first met Chunji. He rolled his eyes but sat on bench nearby, rethinking the day's events.

 

About half an hour later, L.joe was asleep and in danger of catching hypothermia with no jacket.

 

"Byunghun?" 

 

It seemed no other than Chunji, the cause of all his problems, had found him. L.joe was a light sleeper, and woke up as soon as he heard his name, but he didn't want to get up and face the reality of his unrequited love.

 

"Byungie...I.."

 

I what?

 

"I'm sorry..."

 

About what, Chanhee?

 

"You were right. I am an idiot."

 

Damn right, you are.

 

"I-I didn't realise.. well, I kind of did think about it a few times but I didn't want to because I didn't know how I felt about you. I still don't know." At this, Byunghun turned around to face the older. Even in the darkness of the night, he could spot the bright blush on Chanhee's face. "B-but maybe... if you give me a few days to think about it-"

 

"I’ve waited two years, Chanhee. I'm tired of waiting. Just give me a direct answer. Yes, or no?" Five minutes later and Byunghun got up from the bench, giving up. He guessed he'd just have to move on. He was about to start walking when a hand stopped him- Chunji's hand.

 

"Wait." He gulped. And L.hoe stared at him intensely."I-I wanna try t-to work this out! So... if you want to-" 

 

Byunghun once again interrupted the boy by pressing his lips against Chanhee's. He feared that the older would take back what he said and reject him when he didn't respond to the kiss, but before Byunghun was going to pull away, Chanhee cupped his cheek and deepened the kiss.

 

"Yes."

 

L.joe felt like a superhero.