No escape

Wipe Out

A/N: This is going to be a veeeeeeeeeeeeery long read. 5k+ words for almost a year of absence lol. okay bye.

CHAPTER FOUR

Kwon Yuri have always had a weird set of crushes. When she was a kid, she had a crush on her school’s janitor. A man who was on his 50s and already had a grandchild. She reasoned to her mom, he was very attractive when he was working hard. She received several smacks on her head. When she was on her early teens, she had a crush on an anime character. A weird anime girl who got nosebleeds more often than the girl changing clothes. She reasoned to her friends, the anime girl was really funny and unusual and those characteristics were attractive. She received disgusted looks from her friends.

But this one, this one was the most unusual of all her crushes. She had a crush on a vampire. A real vampire. With a temper and lust for human blood.

 

“It’s only a crush. Must not get it out of hand okay Kwon Yuri?” Yuri reminded herself.

“You should or else you’d have yourself lying inside a coffin faster than your progress in love.” Yuri nearly fell out of her bed because of the new voice who had just entered her room.

 

Fortunately, it wasn’t the voice of the one she was afraid of.

 

“Sooyoung!”

“Hi your highness. Here to deliver your food.” Sooyoung walked to place the tray of food she was holding on the small dining table near Yuri’s bed. “You must have saved the world in your previous life for a vampire to be continuously feeding you. I should be eating you right now.”

“Please don’t.” Yuri worried. She stood up from her bed and walked near Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung gave Yuri a wicked smile while Yuri feared for her life.

 

“Oh come on! I’m joking!” Sooyoung pushed Yuri playfully, momentarily forgetting that the other was a mere human and did not have the strength of a vampire.

 

Instantly, Yuri flew, about to hit the wall, but then she felt that she hit something soft. Walls aren’t supposed to feel soft. There was also a feather like sensation that she felt on her cheeks. She bounced off the wall and hit the floor with her . Gladly, less harmed than she thought she would be and most importantly alive. She looked up to check what she hit but she saw nothing but hard wall.

 

“What just happe-“ Yuri heard a crack so she quickly turned around only to find an unconscious Sooyoung lying on the floor. On the cracked and dented floor. She quickly went and kneeled beside the other girl ignoring the pain she was feeling on her . “Sooyoung!” Shouted an alarmed Yuri. “Are you okay??”

Sooyoung started moving and eventually regained her senses. “That . She didn’t have to do it so hard.” She groaned.

“Huh??” Yuri mumbled breathlessly, still worried over the vampire.

“Your guardian angel passed by and gave me a warm greeting.” Sooyoung craned her neck to one side and Yuri heard a crack. “Ooof! That hurt. Anyway, sorry about that. Sometimes I get too caught up and forget that you’re human. About your floor, we’ll fix it.” Sooyoung turned her attention to the door. “And your door… We seem to keep breaking it don’t we?” The door which was once again stuck to the wall.

“G-guardian angel?” Yuri’s mind had already blocked out everything Sooyoung said after those words. That soft thing she hit… The feathery sensation on her cheeks a while ago… Could it be…?

“Oh you know…” Sooyoung stood up and sat on the sofa. She walked like she didn’t just have her head slammed hard on the floor. That had Yuri on her jaws. Vampires really do heal quick. “The vampire you are hopelessly inlove with.” Sooyoung continued.

 

Now THAT had Yuri’s face on a deep shape of red. The thought of bumping into Jessica’s body and the smirk on Sooyoung’s face did not help at all.

 

I just had skinship with Jessica… Coming back to her senses, she realized what Sooyoung just said.

 

“I-IT’S JUST A CRUSH!” Yuri stood up and shouted defensively.

“Why are you so defensi-“ Sooyoung suddenly stopped midway and flinched for quite awhile that Yuri had wondered if that someone had passed by again. “A-anyway, your food’s getting cold. Eat up!”

 

Yuri wanted to ask what made Sooyoung stop talking midway but she had figured that it might have been a vampire thing. Taeyeon did mention that vampires can hear things from miles away. Yuri sulked over the fact that she’s left out of the loop. Secrets. How many secrets did she not know? For all the things that happened, she realized that she didn’t like secrets. She hated secrets.

If she was a vampire, would there be less secrets? If she was a vampire, could she hear the voices of her family? If she was a vampire, could she hear what the other vampires are saying? If she was a vampire, could she hear her voice?

 

“Sooyoung-ah.” Yuri went to sit on the chair beside the table. “How did you become a vampire?”

“Yuri Yuri Yuri…” Sooyoung shook her head. “You cannot just ask that to a vampire so casually. You will find yourself in the brink of death if you’ve asked another vampire that is not as forgiving as me.”

 

Sooyoung walked to the table and sat on the chair opposite to Yuri’s.

 

“Vampires hold that moment very dearly and as our emotions are on a different level than humans, we are protective of that moment. That is where our humanity ended and almost all of us had unpleasant turnings.” Sooyoung looked straight into Yuri’s eyes without blinking. So intense that it had brought goosebumps all over Yuri’s body. “Well except me, I choked on a cookie.”

“A-are you serious??” Yuri stuttered trying to hold in her laughter.

“I’m serious!” Sooyoung started laughing. “I just happened to have vampire blood in my system that day. Thank God for that.”

 

Yuri couldn’t hold her laughter anymore. She finally gave in and laughed wholeheartedly.

 

“Go on. Laugh at my pathetic excuse of becoming a vampire!” Sooyoung faked an angry face.

“I-I’m sorry Sooyoung. It’s just that-“ And Yuri laughed again.

 

She could have laughed even more when Sooyoung put a hand over and silenced her.

 

“What’s wrong-“ Yuri took Sooyoung’s hand away from .

“Shhh! Stay quiet.” Yuri instantly shut when she sensed the intensity in the vampire’s voice. “Jessica, what’s going on?” Sooyoung asked to no one but the open space in the room.

 

Yuri looked around but Jessica wasn’t there. They must be communicating through their heightened senses. She thought.

 

“WHAT?? Hold on. I’m coming there… What do you mean I can’t?! He might have attacked us but he’s still my friend! OUR friend! I’m coming-“

 

Amazing. It’s like having an invisible phone. Yuri thought to herself. Sooyoung suddenly stared at Yuri making her train of thought come to a halt. Seemingly thinking. And thinking. And thinking. What kind of trouble will she get herself into now?

 

“Do you still have those garlic that human chief gave you?”

 

~******~

Few days of observing the human, Jessica had noticed one particular trait that the human possessed. She liked talking. So much. She talks to Sooyoung. She talks to Taeyeon. She talks even when no one’s in her room. That’s right. She talks to herself. Jessica found it interesting that the human seemed like she’s never gonna run out of topics to talk to. To anyone or even just to herself.

But what she doesn’t find interesting is when she didn’t have a choice but to hear everything she spits out of . Just like every other vampire in the building. Although each vampire’s sense level differs, if they were close enough, they can hear every word the human says. Only difference with Jessica was that her sense of hearing was far greater than anyone else in Black. It came with a hundred years of hunting. Everyday. Towns were depleted of humans. When there were none to hunt, she trained her ears to hear. Every sound, every movement, to kill again. Her level of hearing was the only good thing she had acquired through those unfortunate times.

 

“It’s only a crush. Must not get it out of hand okay Kwon Yuri?”

 

Jessica focused her attention to the human. Ahh she’s awake… and talking to herself again. Kwon Yuri was talking to herself. About this crush. Again. Such a baffling issue to Jessica.

 

“Humans and their fantasies.” She rolled her eyes. “Should I just cut off her tongue so I wouldn’t have to hear her?”

 

“You should or else you’d have yourself lying inside a coffin faster than your progress in love.”

 

She heard Choi Sooyoung talk to the human and by the clanking of porcelain, she must have brought her some food. Since Sooyoung was there to personally guard the human and the area where the human was, had been clear of lurking vampires for the past hour Jessica decided to lower her guard for a while. Until…

 

“Oh come on! I’m joking!”

 

Jessica heard it. From the moment Sooyoung raised her hand, she heard the harsh movement of the air. She knew that Sooyoung, in the midst of being friendly, was not making a single effort of restraining her strength. The vampire raised her hand too fast. It could be a playful pat, or shove, or push, whatever, but Jessica knew that when it landed on the human, that unrestrained force will send her on the wall or well on the ground. A scenario that should not, at all costs, happen.

 

Choi Sooyoung. I can’t believe you are this stupid. Incredibly most amazingly stupid!

 

She was quite far from the two, a conscious effort on her side to lessen the smell of human blood, so she wasted no time and sprinted towards Yuri’s room. In the middle of her sprint, the smell of blood had become stronger and stronger that she had to actually stop herself from breathing in order to focus herself on saving the human. Not ripping her apart and draining her off her blood.

When she arrived at the room, she made no effort of restraining her strength and slammed the door open. She also did not make any effort of restraining her strength when she grabbed Sooyoung’s hair and slammed her head on the floor on her way to Yuri. She herself couldn’t believe it. She had actually reached the human on time, considering the fact that she was very far from them.

Jessica stopped right infront of the wall, her back on it while facing the flying human. Use as little strength as possible. She reminded herself. She had put both of her hands forward to catch Yuri. However when the human was slowly nearing her, her vampire instinct was also threatening take control of her consciousness.

Breathe. Look at her veins. Jessica gulped. The stream of blood in her veins. Jessica shook her head in attempt to diminish her thoughts. Vampire, smell it. Right there and then, a momentary lapse of self-control took place. She had let go of the breath that she had been holding since a few moments ago. Immediately, the color of blood spread through her pupils and her fangs had shown themselves by their own will. Her animalistic nature had come out. She looked at her prey who had her eyes shut firmly. This human… She looks like…

 

Big sis? Why are your eyes red? Big sis it hurts… No… no… Stop! STOP!!

 

She had not noticed that Yuri was already so close and actually bumped into her which made her regain focus. For a moment, they were in such a close proximity that Yuri’s heartbeat was so loud it filled up the entire room. Jessica knew she had to get the hell out of there before she loses her mind. She sprinted away but not forgetting to step on Sooyoung’s head once more. What happened just moments ago wouldn’t have happened if Sooyoung had used her brain a little bit so she deserved every piece of beating she had gotten, Jessica thought.

She sprinted as fast as she can. As far as she can.

 

“Sooyoung! Are you okay??” She heard.

 

Silly human. Worrying about a vampire who nearly killed you because of her own stupidity. I guess you both are stupid.

 

A few exchange between Yuri and Sooyoung after, Sooyoung started teasing Yuri about her crush which Jessica did not appreciate and was completely not in the mood to entertain because of what had just transpired.

 

“I-IT’S JUST A CRUSH!”

“Why are you so defensi-“

“Stop it Sooyoung or I will come back and kill you personally.” She spat. Seriousness obvious in her voice.

 

That seemed to do the trick since Sooyoung quickly changed the subject. Jessica sighed. She held her breath once again and blocked out any noise from that room. She concentrated her senses on the surroundings. Something that was very hard to do with that lust occupying almost half of her thoughts. Think of anything. Anything. Anything else! It was a continuous battle against herself and the monster that she truly was.

Fortunately, she saw something that took her mind off the human completely. The headmaster and his men were walking on the first floor and stopped just outside the circle where the sun hit. That wouldn’t have bothered Jessica if only she didn’t know that the lone reason the headmaster stops beyond the circle was when death happens. Orchestrated by him.

It didn’t help that the ones who attacked Yuri the other day were behind him. Hands cuffed. They were all Jessica’s friends and in that moment, she felt like she was about to lose them all.

 

“Jessica, what’s going on?” Apparently, Sooyoung also heard the commotion.

“Headmaster has Taecyeon and the others beyond the circle Sooyoung.”

“WHAT?? Hold on. I’m coming there…”

“Are you crazy?? You can’t!”

“What do you mean I can’t?! He might have attacked us but he’s still my friend! OUR friend! I’m coming-“

“And you’re just gonna leave the human undefended?? Think Sooyoung! Use your ing brain! If it weren’t for me just few moments ago, you would have already gotten yourself in trouble and !” Jessica breathed. Anger apparent. “You don’t know how tormenting it was for me being near her. So do me a favor, stay in that room.” She emphasized on the last part. Hopefully Sooyoung understood.

~******~

“What are you doing Sooyoung?” Yuri asked the vampire who was mincing the garlic with a fork with such speed.

“Yuri you remember that moment when you tossed us a necklace of these?” Sooyoung gestured to the garlic scattered around the table.

“I thought it could atleast weaken you but you just ate it.” Yuri recalled.

Sooyoung stopped mincing the garlic and looked at Yuri. “Yes and you don’t know what torture I had to go through because Jessica won’t stop brushing my whole mouth after that.”

“Huh?” Yuri had her face scrunched in confusion.

“Bit of a slow poke aren’t you? It’s like this…” Sooyoung picked up one unminced garlic and held it in infront of Yuri. “Can you smell it when it’s whole like this?” Yuri shook her head and Sooyoung smiled at her response. “Yes you can’t. But when you mince it like this, its smell fills up your nostrils. Its smell is so strong and unpleasant and not to mention disgusting! That we, vampires, do not want to be near it.”

“But you-“

“I stopped breathing the moment I started mincing these.”

 

Yuri looked at her incredulously. She had realized that what Sooyoung was saying was true. She did not hear her breathing despite being about two to three feet away from her.

 

“Now let’s rub these on you shall we?” Sooyoung picked up a handful of the vegetable.

“Wait- what??”

“No time to explain.”

 

So she did. Sooyoung rubbed all the minced garlic to Yuri’s body. Concentrating more on her neck and her wrists.

 

“Oh I bet you smell so bad that all the vampires would stay out of your way.” Sooyoung grinned, proud of her plan.

“T-that’s a good thing I guess…” Yuri replied although she wasn’t exactly fond of Sooyoung’s way. “But why are we doing this?”

“Remember the bunch of guys who attacked you before?”

“Yeah what of them?”

“They’re my friends. Jessica and Taeyeon’s too.”

“Oh…”

“And they’re about to be obliterated.”

“W-what??”

“I know they attacked you and they deserve to be punished but…” Sooyoung treaded carefully. “It is not entirely their fault that they reacted that way. Vampires will be vampires. We lived many years away from humanity… and then you…”

“I understand.” Yuri did understand. “You want me to talk to the headmaster right?”

Sooyoung nodded in response.

“Okay.” Yuri decided.

 

She knew that she cannot handle the guilt if someone was killed because of her. Black already had a family inside before she had come and ruined the peace they had. Like Sooyoung had said, vampires will be vampires and a human was not supposed to be in their safe haven. Talking to the headmaster was the least she could do to make amends.

 

“Thank you. Now get on my back.” Sooyoung turned her back on Yuri. She pulled Yuri’s arms and encircled them on her neck. “Hold on tight. This is the fastest piggyback ride you’ll ever experience in your life.”

 

Yuri took her word for it. She quickly climbed on Sooyoung’s back. Held as tight as she could, shut her eyes closed and braced herself for a supernatural experience.

 

“Ready?”

“Yeah.”

 

Riding on Sooyoung’s back was like riding a rollercoaster when it’s on its way down. A really fast rollercoaster.

 

“Yuri we’re here.” Sooyoung tapped on Yuri’s arms.

 

Peeking out of her arms which were wrapped on tight around Sooyoung’s neck, she discovered that they indeed arrived at the place where the commotion was. She had also discovered that everyone, every single vampire were staring at her. Including Jessica and Taeyeon who were on the floor, hands tied by four bulky vampires, effectively restricting them to move. Lastly, including the headmaster.

She quickly jumped off of Sooyoung’s back only to drop her wobbly knees on the floor.

 

Great. Always the great entrance Kwon Yuri. Always. She mentally facepalmed herself.

 

“Let me go. I’m going to help her.” Taeyeon told the vampire who held her down who looked at her confused. “I’m going to help her since none of you seem to want to go near her.” The bulky vampire reluctantly let go of Taeyeon. “Are you oka-“ Taeyeon proceeded to help Yuri up but took a step back when she noticed something different about the human. “What is that smell??”

“Minced garlic.” Jessica spoke. “Can you also let me go? I do not want to smell that disgusting stench and that’s quite hard to do if you have me on the ground with my hands tied.” The bulky vampires released her and Jessica stood up and dusted off the dirt on her clothes. “No doubt it’s your idea.” Jessica pointed her glare at Sooyoung.

 

Oh God. Her grimacing face still looks cute. Ugh. Snap out of it Kwon Yuri!

 

“Hey atleast I thought of something that keeps you guys from attacking her.” Sooyoung defended.

“May I ask if the distraction is quite done?” The headmaster’s low and serious voice was enough to change the atmosphere. They all focused on him. “Good. Nice of you to join us Yuri. I’m sure you’d be glad to witness what is about to transpire in just a moment.”

“A-actually…” Yuri managed to force her words out. She stood up carefully with the help of Sooyoung and Taeyeon. “About that…”

“Yes?” Kangta offered a smile.

Yuri worked up her courage and spoke what she had to say. “I was informed of what’s about to happen. I do not want them to die.”

 

That earned a mixed response from everyone who were watching. Sooyoung patted Yuri’s back. Proud of her. Taeyeon and Jessica looked at her confusedly while the headmaster had the look of surprise on his face.

 

“What is your reason?” Kangta asked her. Genuinely curious.

“It doesn’t feel right. If someone has to be punished… shouldn’t it be me?” Her statement had earned her more confused looks. “I am just a stranger in this place. I was the one who disturbed your peace. You guys are vampires who live in solitude and here I am creating chaos by just being here. It’s not their fault. I don’t blame them for acting the way they did.”

Kangta now had all of his attention to Yuri. “So what do you suggest I do child?”

“I don’t exactly know the real reason as to why I am here but… I do know that I do not belong here. I don’t want anyone getting hurt because of me. I… I suggest you release me.” Yuri finally ended her piece. She made a mistake by glancing at Jessica who was already staring at her from the moment she starting talking. Suddenly she wanted to cry which she didn’t even know why she would.

 

I guess I’ll miss this place. As weird as it sounds.

 

They heard a laugh. The headmaster laughed and Yuri sensed everyone turning frigid.

 

“Have all of you heard what she said? You!” Kangta pointed to the accused vampires. “The human says she does not blame you for attacking her. Such a pure hearted human child.” Kangta turned to face Yuri again. “And I wonder why there are people hunting you? It boggles my mind to no end. What are you really Kwon Yuri?

 

In a blink of an eye, Kangta was infront of her, Sooyoung had a protective arm between Yuri and the headmaster. A few meters on her side were Jessica and Taeyeon who were once again being held back by the bulky vampires.

Kangta looked at her, Sooyoung, Jessica and Taeyeon. After awhile of silence, he smiled. An action which confused Yuri.  Just a few moments ago, she was sure that the headmaster was about to attack her and now he just smiled at her. He turned his back on them and started walking back to the accused vampires.

 

“I sincerely apologize Yuri. You are indeed our honored guest. One we haven’t had in a very long while. Our duty as hosts is to accommodate you, protect you. But some of my children have broken the rules.” Kangta pointed his gaze on the vampires. “We do not tolerate such actions. Discipline is the key to harmony… and discipline we shall have.”

 

The accused vampires were pushed hard with inhumanly force that they all landed in the center of the circle. Bars fell from the spaces of each floor. There was simply no escape. Loud screams and groans were heard. The sunlight burned their bodies as they struggled to the ground. Pleads of mercy resonated along with the screams of pain but no one helped them. Until the very last part of their body turned to ash. Soon after there was silence.

 

“Let this be a reminder to all of you my dear ones. If one of you ever get close to harming this human again, you will suffer the same consequences. I know you may think of this as absurd, however, treat this as an experiment. I know some of you want to be free, want to explore the world. The world is full of humans and if you wish to live peacefully and coexist with them, you have to learn to control your hunger and that is partly what she’s here for.” Kangta pointed at Yuri. “If you can’t live with one human, then you deserve to stay here forever or have your body burnt to ashes.”

 

Yuri had her heart pumping wildly against her chest. Experiment? So if they fail to abide, it’s a situation between her being killed aor them being killed. Her mind was in chaos. Wasn’t it better if they had just released her?

 

“I-isn’t it better to just r-release me?” Yuri managed to squeak out.

“In fact it is. However, there is a reason as to why you’re here. And because of that, what you’re asking for is something we cannot grant.” Kangta finished.

 

~******~

After the situation has died down, Yuri was escorted by Taeyeon to her room.

 

“How is Sooyoung?” Yuri asked.

“Sooyoung is young. She has barely passed a hundred years old. She tends to be emotional. She cannot control her emotions quite well just yet. But you don’t have to worry Yuri. She’ll be alright.” Taeyeon offered a small smile.

“Then does that mean you’re controlling your emotions well? Are you mad at me Taeyeon?” Yuri watched as Taeyeon took a seat in the couch.

“I am not mad. I am simply confused. I have lots of questions in my mind that are left unanswered. Why are you here? Why does the association want to kill you? What is your purpose? Are we all gonna be okay with you around? Will we survive?” Taeyeon asked her, looking directly in her eyes. Yuri has no words for her. “I know you also do not have any idea and that is why I am not mad at you Yuri.”

“I’m sorry.” Those were the only words Yuri could say.

Taeyeon stood up from the couch. She walked to Yuri and held her hand. “It’s not your fault.”

 

There was a sudden tilt of Taeyeon’s head and her gaze was pointed at the door. Then a sigh followed. She turned to look up at Yuri.

 

“I need to go. There are things… I need to take care of. I’m sorry I can’t stay right now Yuri.” Taeyeon said apologetically.

“No it’s alright. Do what you have to do. I’ll be alright.” Was Yuri’s automatic reply.

“I’ll send someone to look after you. Just please… be careful around her. Don’t do anything reckless.”

 

Yuri’s heart had once again pumped wildly against her chest. She had thought of one person.

 

“And please calm yourself. Hearing your heart pumping so loud won’t help all of us. Especially her.” Those were Taeyeon’s last words before she left.

 

Calm Yuri. Calm. Keep calm. Think of other things.

 

After a while, she did manage to calm her heartbeat. She probably has to master that skill if she was to live longer in Black.

The door creaked and revealed the vampire that Yuri has been crushing on. Jessica. Her face looked stern.

 

“Stay away from me.” Were Jessica’s cold words. Her words were like daggers and they stabbed Yuri’s heart.

 

Yuri was undeniably hurt. Taeyeon was kind with her words while Jessica was the complete opposite. It stung hearing those words from a person she admired. But Yuri understood. Jessica had all the reasons to be mad at her. So she did what she was told. She retreated to her bed while Jessica sat on the couch meters away in front of the bed. Taking one book on the table and started reading.

Jessica was there but Yuri felt like she was still alone. The vampire didn’t say any word after her first sentence. She just kept reading. Turning page after page while Yuri watched her silently. Yuri wanted to talk to her. Her guilt is eating her up. After all, she was mostly the reason why their friends died.

 

“I’m sorry.” Yuri finally said.

 

The only reply she received was a turn of a page.

 

“I said I’m sorry.” Yuri said once more.

“I heard you the first time.” Jessica said without even looking at her.

“I’m sorry.” Yuri said for the third time.

Jessica put down the book and stared straight at Yuri. “What response do you want from me exactly? That it’s not your fault? I’m not Taeyeon.”

 

Yuri felt another pang. “I-“

 

“It’s your fault. It’s your fault that our friends died. It’s your fault that we cannot live normally. It’s your fault that our home does not feel like home. It’s your fault for being weak. It’s your fault for simply being human.” Jessica abruptly stood up from the couch. “Your existence is tempting us to become the monster we once were. And that too, is your fault. You should have just died. That would make losing our friends a little less painful.”

 

Yuri remembered what Taeyeon told her. Be careful around her. Don’t do anything reckless. But could she really? Jessica was insulting her whole existence. Yuri couldn’t help but to defend herself. She walked near to Jessica.

 

“Well I’m sorry for living. I’m sorry for being human but weren’t you once a human too? And I’m sorry for being weak but aren’t you weak too?” Yuri stared down deep into Jessica’s eyes.

Jessica raised her eyebrows. “Weak? Me? Have you finally gone crazy human?”

“Yes. You. You are weak. Do you think I didn’t notice you not breathing ever since you came here?”

Jessica clenched her jaw. “That keeps me from killing you.” She said with gritted teeth.

 

Yuri’s mind had sent her warning signals. Signals that said Do-not-anger-the-vampire-anymore-than-you-already-have but her own anger had helped her ignore those signals.

 

“You don’t want to become the monster you once were so you want me away or dead. You’re running away Jessica. You’re a coward. You can’t even win against yourself.”

 

Something had burst inside Jessica and Yuri found herself being lifted up by the neck. Jessica was choking her out of air and she wasn’t being too light on it.

 

“Stop… being… weak!”  Yuri struggled to force out her words.

“Aaaargh!!” With a grunt Jessica threw Yuri on her bed.

 

Yuri landed on her bed with a hard bounce. She coughed and coughed and breathed hard. She also cussed herself mentally for angering Jessica. What was she thinking? However, she did feel like she shared a milestone with the vampire. She stopped Jessica from killing her. So maybe, just maybe, there was a way for them to coexist.

 

“Help me become strong.” Yuri breathed hard. “And I’ll help you, with all I have, to win against yourself.”

 

Yuri took a good look on the other girl. The vampire had bloodshot eyes. Veins beside her eyes were popping out. Jessica too was breathing hard.

 

Jessica looked like a monster. A very beautiful monster.

 

A/N:
Comments are wildly appreciated. Don't be stingy. Tell me how it was lol