Chapter 9 : Courage

[SEQUEL] Surviving High School - Grade 2

Tears streamed down your face as you walked on the streets alone.Your phone was buzzing when you reached the junction of your house.

You don't want to go home,not now,not going to Mark's house,either.

You checked your phone and it was a text message from your close friend,HongBin.

"Shouldn't you be in school for discussion?"

"Damn it," you cursed,completely forgot about the discussion which is held in school because you were too deep in your emotion.

"Uhm sorry,I guess i couldn't make it because i am not feeling well,please inform the other members that i'll not be going."

"Stop lying,I am watching you >:)"

You frowned,while lifting your head up and look around you.

So what,now?

HongBin was holding his phone and is currently standing about 10 metres behind you.

'What the,has he been stalking me all this while?'

"Hey,"he called,loudly.

You certainly doesnt want him to look at you.Not at this moment,when you are still crying.

"Hey," you replied,and fastened your pace.

"Hey where are you going?"HongBin asked,and ran over and grab your arm.

He was,no doubt,surprised,when he saw your swollen eyes.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Nothing,"you avoided his gaze.

"Stop lying," HongBin stated.Damn,he knows you well.

"I said I'm fine!"you whinned.

"Want to go to get some coffee and chill?"HongBin knew he wouldn't get a certain answer from you now.

You nodded.And both of you came to a coffee shop in the town.

"So can you tell me what happened,now?"HongBin asked,casually sipping on his latte.

You shook your head.How could you tell?It's a secret whereby not even JungKook's company CEO knews!!

"Fine...But where are you going at this time?You've just skipped school."HongBin stated.

"Aren't you the same?"you asked,frowning.

"I skipped school looking for you okay.I was concerned." HongBin.

"About?"you asked.

"No tutor in school,what's the point I go to school?"he stated.Oh-so-naturally.

"So does it mean if you got no tutor then you doesn't need to go to school?"you asked.

He nodded,taking a sip of his latte again.

Ridiculous.

"Since you have nowhere to go,wanna go my place?" HongBin offered.

You think for a full minute before agreeing with him.

"C'mon,"he said,and walks you to his home.

HongBin's home...well,was not as big as Ravi's,but instead a comfortable apartment.

"Are you living alone?"you asked.

"Yeah.My parents are working at a foreign country.They send me allowance every month."He replies,while placing his thumbs on the lock only to see it sprung open.

His house has the designer feeling.Neat and comfortable.

You plotted yourself on the couch.And here comes the feeling of crying again.

HyunRi don't you ever dare to cry.

"Are you staying over tonight?"asked HongBin,who sits on the couch next to you.

"I don't think it's good to stay in a guy's house."you stated.

"I could take the couch and you could take my bed,"HongBin stated.

"I still don't think it's good."you told him your thoughts.

All of a sudden HongBin whimpered in pain.

"What happened to you?"you asked,concerned.

"I am a lactose intolerant,"he said,between aches,before heading to the washroom.

You had the sudden urge to stay and take care of him,since he sacrificed himself to accompany you in the coffee shop.

You felt bad for it,too.

You called your mother and told her that you wouldn't be home until tomorrow morning.

"Why," she said from the other side of the phone.

"I...I still have a lot of things to deal with reguarding my group project."you stuttered,a little.

"Alright.Bye."your mom said,before hanging up the phone.

You didn't know why you have the sudden courage to stay with a guy for a night,without knowing what will happen.