Chapter 1

A Tribute to the Legends

“Manager-hyung!” Cho Kyuhyun called out to the man typing away on his mobile phone. “Has the agency announced what we’ll be doing for the anniversary yet?” Kyuhyun cheerfully inquired.

The manager typed a few more figures on his device before looking up at Kyuhyun. “Uh, no, not yet. The chairman hasn’t confirmed anything yet.”

Kyuhyun’s shoulders deflated and he sighed. “W-well then, will you tell me when the management’s made their mind? I’d really like to know.”

“Hm? Oh yeah, sure.” The manager looked very pre-occupied.

“Gomawo.” Kyuhyun said under his breath as the manager walked away.

It has all been pretty strange around here. After all the scandals, lawsuits, and relationship confirmations, SM Entertainment seemed to always be in a state of madness and panic. Their market value has greatly deteriorated and this worried the agency. Everyone’s been under so much stress. It was scandal after scandal, so the idols barely coped with everything. But underneath all that trouble, Super Junior’s anniversary was also fast approaching so Kyuhyun kept his mind on this instead.

Kyuhyun strolled about the building and looked for anyone he could just talk to. Then he saw Leeteuk inside a conference room with a few official looking people talking to him.

Just as he had stopped by the door, they all stood up, shook hands and one by one left the room.

“Teukie hyung, what’s up?” Kyuhyun greeted his leader.

“Oh, Kyuhyun-ah, what are you doing here?” the elder asked before he walked with Kyuhyun. “That was meeting about what SM will be doing for damage control; you know, with all that’s happened.”

Kyuhyun nodded.

“Well was there anything about Super Junior?”

Leeteuk hesitated and looked uncomfortable at the question. “Oh…Uhm, it wasn’t all very clear yet and we still have to decide on a couple of things.”

Kyuhyun blinked at the leader’s uncertain and misleading response. “Well if that’s the case, d’you have any clue as to how we’re celebrating SJ’s anniversary?” he tried to lighten up the mood.

Leeteuk smiled, “No, not yet Kyu. We’re not decided yet.”

“Aish, I can’t get any information from you, hyung!” Kyuhyun stomped in frustration as they were now at the building’s entrance.

“Keke, mian. Why are you here anyway? Don’t you have a scheduled activity or something?”

Kyuhyun scratched his head and replied, “Anni. I’ve got nothing on for today, so I decided to hang here.”

Leeteuk shook his head in amusement and spoke, “Well I’ve got somewhere to be. Take care of yourself, arasseo? I’ll see you at the dorm.”

Kyuhyun nodded and mused for him to go away already.

Once the car was no longer in sight, Kyuhyun sighed and put his hands on his hips. He went back inside the building once more.

“Oh, Kyuhyun! What’re you doing here?” it was his good friend and fellow member of Kyu line, Choikang Changmin.

“Seriously, am I not allowed to hang around this building anymore?!” Kyuhyun whined as he turned to see Changmin.

“Whoa, cool it man.” Changmin giggled. “So I assume, you’re just here to pester people?”

“Tss, very funny, hyung.” Kyuhyun shot back.

“Well I’m here under Yunho-hyung’s orders.” Changmin paced with Kyuhyun.

“Wae?” Kyuhyun asked the latter.

“I’m not sure. He just told me to come by. I think it’s got something to do with all that’s been happening in here.” Changmin meant the agency.

Kyuhyun nodded in agreement and spoke, “Yeah, it’s been pretty wild.” The boy seemed reflective and sad.

“Well, how are you handling the fact that Sungmin-hyung is about to get married?” Changmin suddenly propped the question.

“Aish, don’t even get me started on that. I hear Min-hyung on the phone all lovey-dovey with her almost every night, just saying ‘saranghaeyo’ over and over and not deciding who should hang up first.” Kyuhyun sounded genuinely annoyed.

Changmin shook his head ad smiled. “It can’t be helped, Kyu. These types of things happen.”

The two of them stepped into the empty elevator and Changmin pushed for the 10th floor.

“I guess you’re right. But while we’re speaking of our members now, I never really got the chance to ask you.”

Changmin turned to him. “W-when Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu left, h-how’d you handle it?”

Kyuhyun heard Changmin take in a deep breath and started, “Well, I’ll be blunt. It hurt like hell. Each day that passed as the three of them were pursuing their lawsuit felt awful. Yunho and I didn’t know what to do or how or how to talk them out of it.” The atmosphere was starting to become heavier and heavier.

“I felt the same with Hangeng-hyung.”Kyuhyun started. “Although I didn’t spend so much time with him, he was like a brother to me whenever he talked to me.”

“Chullie-hyung was always in a bad mood at the time. The members always pushed me to calm him down because he only responds to me.” Kyuhyun tried to laugh it off.

“Yeah, it was all too painful. But I guess something’s just really off with SM.” Changmin shrugged as the elevator made the ‘ding’ sound and opened.

“Ah, hey! Isn’t SJ’s anniversary only in a few days?” Changmin asked Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun grinned. “It’s in a week!”

“Advanced Happy Anniversary, Kyu!” Changmin patted his shoulder.

“Keke, thanks hyung!”

“Changmin, there you are! Come on, let’s go!” Yunho bellowed from the other end of the hall.

“Nae, hyung!” Changmin yelled back. “That’s me. See you later, Kyuhyun!” he waved and ran for his leader.

Kyuhyun sighed for the nth time.

“Tch, where do I go now? It’s only 3:00 in the afternoon.” Kyuhyun waited for the elevator.

The elevator went ‘ding’ once again and it revealed a happy group of 6 people. As they exited the elevator, they all bowed to him. It was the active and lively members of EXO-K.

“Annyeong haseyo, sunbaenim!” they greeted one by one.

Kyuhyun smiled and bowed in reply.

“Sunbae, do you have a schedule here today?” Suho inquired.

“Anni, I’m just here to bug people.” Kyuhyun proudly claimed.

The members all laughed along.

“What are you all here for?” Kyuhyun shot the question back.

“We’ve got rehearsals, sunbae!” Kai happily replied.

“Well then, work hard, okay? Lord knows we really need to bounce back.” The last sentence was said with a softer voice.

“Nae, sunbaenim!” D.O agreed.

Sehun on the other hand kept his gaze on the ground and was silent.

“S-Sehun-ssi, why do you look so down?” Kyuhyun cocked his head to his direction.

Sehun took another moment until Suho elbowed him to pay attention.

“H-Huh? Oh, mianhadda, sunbaenim. I’m just not feeling very well today.” Sehun innocently reasoned as he scratched the back of his head.

Suho swung an arm around him and explained for him, “He’s been upset about our Luhan’s lawsuit issue.”

“Oh-oh yeah. He’s filed one as well. I’m sorry for bringing it up, Sehun-ssi. You two must be dear friends.” Kyuhyun patted him on the shoulder.

“Well, we better be going, sunbaenim.” Suho chimed in once again.

Kyuhyun nodded and as he and the boys were parting, one other member remained and greeted him.

“Sunbae! Super Junior’s anniversary is in a week, isn’t it?” Chanyeol the lovely ELF childishly asked.

Kyuhyun laughed, “Why yes it is! You remember.”

“Nae, sunbaenim! Advanced greetings!” he celebrated.

“Thanks, Chanyeol-ssi.” Kyuhyun smiled.

“Yah, Park Chanyeol! Come on!” a voice called out.

“Yeah!” Chanyeol replied before bowing to Kyuhyun and running off.

Kyuhyun stepped into the elevator and put his hands in his pockets.

“That kid’s nice. He’s going places.” Kyuhyun shook his head and spoke to himself. “That kid?! I sound so old!”

By the time he’d reached the ground floor, Kyuhyun felt tired so he called for the car and he went back to the dorm.

“I’m home—“ He was opening the door as he realized that nobody was home.

The dorm was empty and silence was his only company.

Then he heard footsteps.

“Oh no. Not a ghost. Please, no.” he prayed inside his mind.

“Oh, it’s you. You rascal.” Heechul shoved his hands in his pockets and walked towards Kyuhyun who was sitting on the sofa.

“Where’ve you been? Why didn’t you get me any food?” Heechul propped himself next to the maknae.

“Aish, that’s not my job!” Kyuhun whined. “I was at the SM building. I hung around some people there.”

Heechul arched his lips and nodded. “So,” Heechul began as he held up his hand up to his chin like he was holding a mic. “What’s your take on what’s been happening to our agency, Mr. Kyuhyun?” Heechul pointed his invisible mic to the boy.

“Yes, Mr. MC. It’s all been pretty bad, and the company’s been deteriorating at a very alarming rate but I know the label’s crown idol group, Super Junior will be able to somehow shoulder the conflicts and give popularity back to SM Entertainment.” Kyuhyun spoke efficiently as he went with Heechul’s pass time.

“You speak pretty well on T.V, Mr. Cho Kyuhyun. As expected of the maknae! Thanks for being the guest for today!” Heechul laughed by himself.

Kyuhyun clapped for himself.

Heechul was the one who sighed this time. “You’re really that confident, huh?” he looked away. “You really think we can make it past all this cr*p?” he turned back to Kyuhyun.

“I know we can. And I wish we will.” Kyuhyun replied without looking at Heechul.

“Yaahh~ Have you heard Shindong or Sungmin talking to their girl friends? They’re always so lovey dovey and gross.” Heechul shook his head.

“Then you shouldn’t eavesdrop, Heechul-ah!”

Heechul’s eyes widened, “You rude bastard! Remind me how old you are again?!” he was about to hit Kyuhyun who seemed actually amused at how his hyung was reacting.

“Why don’t you just get used to it already, Chul-ah?” a sleepy Siwon yawned as he emerged from one of the rooms.

“Oh, hyung, I didn’t know you were here!” Kyuhyun stood up and kept his distance from the madder hyung.

“Nae, I just dropped by for a visit.” Siwon went for the kitchen and started to make coffee. “Heechul-ah, where’re the others?”

“I think they all have their own things today. Only that disrespectful kid’s got the whole day off.” He clicked the T.V remote and searched for a show.

“Yah, Siwon-hyung. Do you have any idea about the anniversary celebration this year?” Kyuhyun like the kid he was asked him too.

Siwon yawned and replied, “Actually, I’m not sure. I haven’t gotten anything about it.”

Kyuhyun pouted.

“Will we be celebrating this year?” Heechul began. “With all that has happened, some things are more important to SM right now.” He sounded bitter. “They can’t very well prioritize our anniversary right now.” Heechul turned the T.V off and walked back to his room.

Kyuhyun heard Siwon heave a sigh. “Don’t listen to him, Kyu. It’s just Heechul being Heechul.”

“Nae, hyung. I know how he gets.” Kyuhyun layed on the empty sofa. “Maybe he’s right. We might not celebrate it this year. I don’t think it would feel right if we celebrate in the middle of all this.”

The maknae’s statement got a response from another one of his hyungs.

“Tch, don’t say that! I’ve only had one fan party since I’ve returned from the army!” Kangin marched for Kyuhyun.

“Whoa, whoa! Kidding! I’m kidding!” Kyuhyun was shielding himself.

“Aish, this punk.”

“Kangin-ah! How would you want to celebrate SJ’s nniversary this year?” Kyuhyun changed his mood for his hyung.

“Tch, still so disrespectful. You wouldn’t make it in the army with that tongue. I’m still wondering how Heechul made it.” Kangin folded his arms.

“I heard that, you bonehead!” Heechul yelled from his room.

Kyuhyun laughed.

“Well, I’d like it to be ‘All About Kim Youngwoon’.” Kangin made hand gestures.

“Tch, selfish.” Kyuhyun stated.

“YAH! You rude little—“ Kangin threatened as Kyuhyun ran away and headed for the kitchen.

“How about you, hyung?” Kyuhyun sat himself across Siwon who was enjoying his cup of coffee.

“Er, honestly, as long we’re all together and we’re with the fans, I’m good.” Siwon shrugged his seemingly deep answer.

“Yaaah~ that’s a great answer for an interview! Applause!” Kyuhyun faked enthusiasm.

“He’s making fun of you, Siwon. How could you let him do that?” Kangin set his hands on his hips.

“Just let him, Youngwoon-hyung.” Siwon snickered.

Kangin shook his head and just made a sandwhich for himself.

That night, the members arrived one by one and have all gathered in the dorm.

Kyuhyun spent the rest of his afternoon playing Starcraft in his room. So when he did come out, his eyes had a difficult time adjusting to all the people who were scattered all over the place.

“Yah! Kyuhyun-ah! Did you just get off the computer?!” Eunhyuk pointed at him.

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow and looked at the elder hyung. “At least I wasn’t watching yadong ().”

Donghae cackled as he rested an arm on the dancing machine’s shoulder.

“So, did you ever get to find out what we’re doing for our anniversary?” Leeteuk who had a glass of water in his hand asked him.

Kyuhyun shook his head.

“Well I’m sure it’s going to be special. It has to be special.” Ryeowook bellowed as he was cooking by the stove.

“What’ve you got there, Wook-hyung?” Kyuhyun decided to approach the man.

“It’s something I just looked up in the internet. It’s supposed to be good.” The kind Ryeong-ggu replied.

“Where’s Sungmin-hyung?” Kyuhyun walked over next to Siwon (who was obviously planning on staying).

Siwon only pointed to the balcony since he was too busy checking himself out in front of the mirror.

“Oh, uh you have zit right there.” He muttered.

“Eodi (WHERE)?!?” the older male was instantly alarmed.

“Why yes, Sa Eun-ah~ I’ve met with the planner for the wedding, don’t worry.” Sungmin reassured as he was sweetly talking on his phone.

Kyuhyun leaned on the doorframe leading to the balcony and just stayed there. Not to eavesdrop, not to bother Sungmin, and not to interrupt his conversation.

He’s just there…

Thinking…

As he heard how happy and excited Sungmin sounded, Kyuhyun thought more about how the future of Super Junior will be. Honestly, he hadn’t thought this would all happen so quickly. But they are in the right age and no one seems to be stopping them, so things like the Sungmin situation is bound to happen sooner or later. Kyuhyun just thought that it wouldn’t happen so quickly.

“Alright, I’ll talk to you later. Kalkae (I’ll go/Bye)~” Sungmin ended his call.

“Oh? Kyuhyun-ah. What are you doing there?” Sungmin blinked at the maknae who seemed dazed.

Kyuhyun turned to him, “N-nothing, hyung. I just…I uh…”

Sungmin stared into his eyes and stated, “You’ve been playing Starcraft, haven’t you?”

This finally seemed to have caught the full attention of Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun laughed sheepishly and nodded his head.

“Aish~ Don’t spend so much time in front of the computer, Kyu. It’ll ruin your skin.” The man patted his own cheek.

“The agency stated that Sungmin will still be performing with Super Junior, but how will he manage it with the wedding?”Kyuhyun thought to himself.

As I’ve said, the maknae has been feeling a little bit off with all that’s been happening in the company. As a matter of fact, he’s a bit shaken up. He just doesn’t show it because he has to be as strong as his hyungs.

“Kyuhyun-ah! Help me set the table!” Ryeowook’s voice bellowed.

Kyuhyun held his head back up and answered, “Nae, hyung! I’m coming!”

Once they were all seated at the table, all the members were all in view. Their faces wore traces of the stress they’ve all gone through but their smiles told a whole different story. It’s just that even under such conditions, they manage to let out their senses of humor and still enjoy each other’s company.

“Yah! Eunhyukkie-hyung, sit next to me~” the kid Donghae begged.

Eunhyuk mindlessly sat next to the man and took some of the food.

“Everybody, stop.” Siwon announced.

They all anticipated an answer for the brief delay of their meal.

“Let’s say grace.” He held out his hands.

Heechul grimaced while Leeteuk just smiled and followed.

After a few short words of prayer, Siwon finally let the members eat.

“Anyone know where Shindong is?” Leeteuk asked.

“Yeah, he’s out with his girl friend.” Kangin said with a mouthful of rice. This affected Kyuhyun in some level but he felt that he didn’t have the right to feel that way, so he kept his head down.

“Yah, tch keep it shut if you’re not done eating!” Heechul hissed.

“Jungsu-hyung, have you heard anything from Yesunggiee yet? They’re allowed to send out letters, you know.” Kangin inquired.

“The base said he’ll be sending one in tomorrow.” Leeteuk swallowed.

“Ah, that’s right! Yesung’s sending a letter tomorrow from the army.” Kyuhyun reassured himself as he was scoffing down the food.

Once the members were done eating, it was agreed that Kangin would do the dishes, because he lost to a game of rock, paper, scissors for it.

Some of the members gathered in the living room while some proceeded to their respective rooms.

Leeteuk was on the sofa beside Heechul while Kyuhyun and Ryeowook propped themselves on the floor.

They were watching the news. But it didn’t take that long since it was almost over. Then the showbiz segement started to pan out.

“Former member of K-Pop group, Super Junior Hangeng signs for a movie with fellow label mate, Yi Fan.” The bubbly reporter stated.

“Hey, Chul-ah, did you know about this?” Leeteuk casually brought it up.

Heechul gave a passing nod and sighed.

“Don’t worry Heechul-hyung. You’ll star in a movie someday too!” Ryeowook tried to lighten him up.

But Heechul stayed sullen and sad.

Kyuhyun glanced at Jungsu for any sign of reassurance but Leeteuk wore the same expression of sadness.

“Tch. He didn’t have to go. It wasn’t his fault.” Heechul muttered as he walked away from the living room and shut himself in his room.

“Yaah, he still hasn’t gotten over Hankyung-hyung, has he?” Youngwoon was wiping his hands as he had already finished the dishes.

“He was Chul’s best friend.” Leeteuk answered softly. “I think we all still haven’t gotten over Hangeng leaving.”

The two maknaes gave small nods.

“I’M HOME!” Shindong suddenly burst through the door. “I have cake! Let’s all eat it!” he cheerfully continued.

Ryeowook instantly stood up and took the cake to the kitchen.

“Yah, why do you all look so glum?” the guy noticed.

“Nothing, Shindongie. How’d the date go?” Leeteuk kindly switched to him instead.

“It was great! I managed to eat a lot, so it was great for the two of us!” Shindong smiled.


I'm sorry it's not finished. I couldn't finds the time and resources to finish it but I just really wanted to publish it for them! :D Please read on? :))