oo8 - Doubts

Contradictory

Mark didn't know what to feel at the sight of the sharp weapon. Terror? Worry?

Relief?

Jaebum ran the knife on his face, neck, the edge caressing his skin like a lover's touch. Mark's eyelids dropped in anticipation as to what Jaebum's next move would be.

"You're beautiful, Yi En. No wonder Jackson kept you. Did you bend for him? Spread your legs like a ?"

Mark loved Jackson. He still do. He would and could accept it if Jackson had called him for a quick — no matter how much of a trash he would have felt— but Jackson never did. Now that he thought about it, how low Jaebum viewed him, did Jackson also saw him as someone unworthy of his affections?

There's also Jinyoung, whom he adored a lot, who can make his heart speed up. Did he saw Mark as someone pathetic?

The knife started to draw blood.

"What did you see in Jackson?"

The interest Jaebum had for an answer was real in spite of his nonchalance, Mark could sense it. He opened his eyes and stared straight at Jaebum's pretty crinkly eyes.

"Jackson is everything you are not. He's the light, you are the shadow."

Jaebum made his displeasure apparent when the knife dug deeper on Mark's neck, making Mark wince. "What else?"

"Why, Jaebum?" Jaebum looked taken aback.

"Why have you become like this? Jackson doted on you so much. He loves you."

"He didn't. I was nothing but an illegitimate son, my father destroyed his family. How could he love me?"

"Jackson never thought of that way, you know it."

Jaebum threw away the knife.

"You're right. I know."

"Then why do this?"

"Because I wanted everything he have." Jaebum leaned in until his face was a centimeter away from Mark.

"Even you."

Jackson's free hand balled into a tight fist. He would gladly give up on Mark just for Jaebum to be happy. Jaebum didn't need to do those things, he just have to ask. Or does Jaebum just abhorred him to that extent?

Jinyoung felt ambivalent. He felt pity for Jaebum, he seemed to be longing for a companion like how Jackson have Mark but at the same time, killing your own sibling just to be in the spotlight was beyond wrong.

"You don't love me, Jaebum." Mark said, lips moving against Jaebum's as he spoke due to the male's firm hold on him.

"You just want to be with someone, and because of your envy for Jackson, you saw me."

Jaebum harshly let go of Mark and stood with an unreadable expression. "'I'm getting tired from talking." Jaebum stepped back and took out a gun, the same gun he used for Jackson and Jinyoung. He pointed it at Mark, aimed at the head.

"Shall we end it?"

"That sick bastard." Jackson growled, clutch on Jinyoung so tight. Jinyoung didn't know how to react, let alone what to say. But he knew Jackson doesn't need reassuring words. So he blocked Jackson's view and hugged him, consoling Jackson in the only way he could think of.

But no gunshot was heard.

Only the siren of the police car.

 

 

 

 

 

Mark lied on the rooftop's floor in favor of watching the stars twinkle. It's been three months since Jaebum abducted him the first time and one since the second, and he could say that he was getting well.

The police had managed to capture Jaebum who didn’t struggle and was surprisingly alone, with no subordinates to assist him. It was even as if he wanted to get caught, to put and end to everything. He was put into a mental institute because of his actions, and was being taken care of and undergoing treatments that would hopefully help him get better.

As for him, he attended a few counselling meetings after days of persuasion from GOT7 members, especially Junhong and Choi Youngjae. He agreed and now, he could produce unforced smiles and laughs.

He lifted a hand and made grabbing motions at the sky.

"I want to take a star home."

 

Jinyoung chuckled when he heard Mark's wish. He was sitting on the redhead's right, while Jackson was on the left, across him.

"As childish as ever."

"That's one of the reasons why we fell for him though, isn't it?"

"Yes." Jinyoung gazed fondly at Mark before looking at Jackson, feeling so complete. All of the doubts in his heart were solved.

"I love you, Jackson."

Jackson was flabbergasted at Jinyoung’s confession. Does he feel the same?

His heart shouted yes.

"I love you too, Jinyoung."

 

______________________________

 

One more chapter.

 

And I felt a bit disappointed at myself for this. My chapters are too short but in my phone, they're not this short. LOL. For some reasons, I want to delete this at the same time no. Does this seems rushed?

Argh.