ᴏɴᴇ

Thorn Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

ʀᴇsɪɢɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

::

"MINAE! NO!" Jaejoong shouted, stretching out his arm as far as he could to reach her.

He woke up with a start when he realised that it was the same, recurring nightmare again. His skin was coated with a sheen of perspiration and his eyes wide with fear. He stared blankly at the wall, his hand over his heart, his eyes shut tightly.

"How long do you intend to torture me, Minae?" he asked, his voice laced with pain as he recalled the day he received the call from the police.

"You're Mr. Kim Jaejoong?"

"Yes, you are..?"

"I'm calling from Seoul Police Station. A corpse belonging to Yong Minae was found. Along with her body was a phone containing your number."

The phone fell from Jaejoong's hand as he trembled, trying to process the information he had just been told.

"I'm sorry… I'm so sorry Minae…"

Jae Oppa,

I'm sorry. This is the only way to ensure that you'll never forget me. I know it's cruel to do this to you, and you may never forgive me, but I have no other choice. Please don't blame yourself for my suicide, it was entirely my own decision. Dream of me as a happy girl, instead of the depressed and foolish girl who chose this way to remain in your memories.

Thank you for being by my side all this while. Those wonderful memories created with you, they will stay with me forever. You've taught me how beautiful love is, and shared with me love that I never knew could exist.

You're a good man, Jae. I hope you'll find your happiness in her. Don't let the past hold you back. Just think of me occasionally. That's enough for me.

With all my heart,
I love you to death.

"Because I couldn't gather the courage to fight back, I caused you your life… And I lost the most important love of my life. How can I just think of you occasionally when your death haunts me every night… Yong Minae…"

--

"These are the documents for the meeting tomorrow."

"Leave it there. If there's nothing else you may go out." Jaejoong commanded as he signed the file he was currently reading.

"Actually..."

"What is it?" he paused and looked up to see the troubled expression on his assistant's face.

"M-Mrs. Kim is waiting for you outside..."

He closed his eyes and said resignedly,

Please log in to read the full chapter