Prologue

Whirlwind
Please log in to read the full chapter

3rd October 2013, 4:36am.

You'd think that at 4:36 in the morning, there would be nothing but dead silence. To some extent, there was, but the sirens and muffled sobs were what broke it. The moonlight was no longer the primary light source, instead, flashes of red and blue danced upon the pavement and the faces of those surrounding the scene.

More people than normal were on the street than you'd think would be at the time it was but they had a valid reason to be out there, but at the same time, they all should have stayed inside.

What lay before everyone was not a pretty sight, it was not something a crowd should be gathering to view. But people being people, curiosity is what drives most of us. Without curiosity nobody would ever learn anything. There'd be no research, there'd be no trust, there'd be no love.

Police officers did not have to try much to remove people from the scene. Many were turning away and leaving of their own free will. The only people who would not budge were two groups merging together to comfort each other, for this night, they had both experienced the same heartbreaking loss, and only each other could understand their pain.

One word could be heard being repeated over and over again.

Why.

If fell from the mouths of many people on that cold October morning. It was the starting word of most of the questions that needed to be answered. In many circumstances, its easy to answer with a little bit of

Please log in to read the full chapter