Just One Day

Just One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wake up feeling blank and preoccupied. I don't know what has gotten into me but I am quite worried about something my head can't figure out. Out of the blue, thrills all over my body starts to bug me. I feel like I'm stuck from the unknown feelings I'm trying to grasp. My head is too busy trying to recover the lost memory I had since the last night.

"Hi. Goodmorning" I said staring down at the ground, fidgeting at the edge of the white shirt Kookie made me borrowed last night. "I got your uniform from Namjoon Hyung. I'll just leave you here okay?" Kookie on the other hand, turns to walk to the door.

Blush starts to creep all over my face. I feel ashamed from all the things that went unexpected last night. Good thing Jungkook isn't as cocky as V, the college's number one Casanova, too confident to treat girls the way he wants, fond of playing with them in his own hands. Maybe, Jungkook and V are meant to be bestfriends. Kookie's existence might help V lessen his bratty attitude. Good for me too because I don't have to deal with the situation all over again or else it will kill me.

I go downstairs to check up on Jungkook. He is sitting on the dining table with breakfast foods already prepared. He is wearing his uniform. He is the most tidiest teenage school boy I've ever seen in my entire life. Sometimes, I wonder how would the girl he falls in love with reacts when Jungkook asks to be her girlfriend. How would she really feel? Well, she is the luckiest girl alive. She will be forever contented with Jungkook. And she wouldn't ask for more because this guy is more than enough.

"Let's eat." He invited. I sit in front of him and starts to eat my own meal without making any noises. This is the first time I've been able to move as careful and as fragile as a cat. Minutes later, he notices me uncomfortably shifting positions in my seat, half-eaten food remains untouched on my plate.

"You know what, you don't have to be silent all through out this breakfast. I mean, you don't talk, it weirds me out." Kookie tries to stare at me. I can still see it through my eyelashes even if I'm looking down. I gulp and stop for awhile, trying to think of something to say to get back to him. I breathe, almost saying the first word to come out, but a doorbell interrupts our almost conversation, I cursed and thanked at the same time for saving me from the hot seat.

"My parents are home." He says while continuing his food. I, on the other hand don't know what to do. This is epic. I started to feel nervous and conscious about myself. What will I say to his parents? To begin with, how will I behave in front of them? What will I say? Oh come on Shisuz! So much pressure is happening in my life since yesterday.

"Honey. Open this gi-- Oh oh." Her mom stares at me intently, maybe delighted to the figure standing in front of her.

"So who do we have here Kookie? Yobeo, come here! Our baby Kookie brought her girlfriend home. He got himself a pretty girlfriend!" Wait, what??! Girlfriend? How? I curse. Beads of sweat are already forming on my face. I attempt to say something but Kookie beats me to it.

"Umma, this is ______. I was planning to show you my girlfriend last night. But since you can't come home I let her stay because I thought in the morning you'll visit." His mother stares at me for awhile and then back to Jungkook.

She picks up Kookie's hand and sit beside him. Suddenly, his Dad came with a cake and a gift in his hands.

"Aww. Baby, she's perfect for you son " His Dad sits beside me and taps my head. "Please take care of my son okay? Because you are his girlfriend, it's your responsibility to treat him more than we could ever do." He smiles at me and holds my hand. I smile at them, Jungkook's parents are so welcoming. I really don't expect them to treat me like that, I thought they'll call me for sleeping over at a guy's house, but instead, they welcomed me. What's even more unbelievable is that, they believed that I'm Jungkook's girlfriend.

How to be Jungkook's girlfriend anyway? You just simply have to be perfect. Because he is a living proof of a perfect prince. I'm not perfect, not even half of it. What's happening is something I don't understand, maybe I'm just dreaming. And if ever I wake up, I'll save this moment with Jungkook and his family the best part. Even if this memory becames a nostalgia, I'll forever reminisce this moment because this is truly one of the best thing that ever happened to me.

I was in deep trance. Jungkook's hands wakes me up. "We'll be late for school, come on." The moment he touches my hand, I suddenly remembered the happening last night.

"Jungkook, how about my clothes?" I asked, worried. "I let the maid washed it up. Don't worry. I'll send it to your house later when we get home." He smiled. His parents are smiling behind our back. I can see it through the reflection of the glass door in front of me. They are so cute, I turn back to them and smile.

"Don't worry Maam and Sir, I'll treat your son well. I'll be good to him. I'll treat him as the most precious person in the entire earth."

"Don't call us that." His mom interrupts. "Call us Umma and Appa". I smile at the thought. Jungkook's parents are somewhat like my parents. I want to hug them but Jungkook holds my hand and pulls me.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked me. I try to look at him but he isn't even looking at me. He is so focused with the road, but he is smiling. His smile makes angel sings. The moment I see the smile on his face, I feel like I see a spark surrounding him. He is shining while I am growing in love with him.

"Anywhere Jungkook, as long as you're there." I said. We park in the middle of an uncrowded road with forest trees and soft-colored flowers carpet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter