Final.

Going To You

 

 

I can feel the cool morning air move my hair softly, the first rays of the rising sun caress my face warmly.

 

I face the horizon, where the sun is slowly, but surely, making its' way into the sky, marking the beginning of a new day. 

 

I can see people rushing around in the street below, going to work, running, holding on to a small child or walking their pets. I can hear birds singing their beautiful morning song. I can smell the flowers that are blooming in the park across the street of the building I'm at.

 

It's like everything today wants to remind me how beautiful life truly is, that what I'm about to do is a mistake.

 

It's been two years since it happened. Two years full of regrets and tears. Two years of me trying to go to him.

 

Once again I can clearly hear his words inside my head.

 

"Don't wait for me."

 

 

*flashback*

 

I was locked inside our room, sitting with my back against the door, listening to Kyuhyun's voice. 

 

It was already 9am and his flight would be leaving soon, I knew it was just of matter of minutes until he left. He had been knocking on the door all morning, begging for me to open it but of course I didn't listen to him. I had been up all night, crying silently, curled up next to the door knowing he was on the other side asleep. 

 

I knew this was a great opportunity for him and he was probably thinking that I wasn't supporting him. Of course I was! How could I not? The love of my life is finally getting rewarded for all his hard work.

 

But what about my dream?

 

We had been married for two years and we had talked about adopting a child for a while now. About a year ago, I had gone to an orphanage and submitted all of our paperwork and documents, knowing it would be a long time before it got approved if it even got approved.

 

It was just that day that I had gotten the call I had been looking forward to. I had cried of happiness, wanting to tell Kyuhyun about it once he arrived from work. Unfortunately, that didn't go as planned.

 

His voice pulled me out of my thoughts as I heard him speaking with the cab driver before approaching the door again and talking to me.

 

"Min, I know you're listening. I need to leave now...I'm sorry. I love you so much Sungmin...please forgive me. And please, wait for me. Promise me you will wait for me...I'll return before you know it." He whispered pleadingly.

 

I began sobbing, wanting to go out and hug him tightly, telling him that I would always be here waiting for him to return home.

 

"I love you too," I whispered softly just as the front door closed, Kyu not being able to hear my words.

 

 

 

 

 

Hours later I still sat curled up next to the door, unable to move and go face the day with my depressed mood.

 

In the background I heard my phone ringing again. It was probably Kyu, calling to try and apologize, but honestly, I was not ready to talk to him yet.

 

Not ten minutes had passed when I heard my phone ringing once more before stopping.

 

Then it happened again.

 

And again.

 

He probably called me six times in a row and I felt very tempted to answer. Even if I was mad at him, I couldn't bear the thought of staying mad at him for so long. 

 

Next time he calls, I'll answer. I thought to myself.

 

Except he didn't call again.

 

Ten...

 

Thirty...

 

Fifty minutes passed and he wouldn't call again.

 

Is he mad at me? Did I go overboard ignoring him for too long?

 

Panicking as these thoughts crossed my mind, I got up and ran towards my bed where I had left my phone at. I opened it and saw many missed calls but only one voicemail from Kyu. I put my phone next to my ear so I could hear it.

 

"S-Sungmin, you are the best thing that has ever happen to me, you know that, r-right? I-I couldn't have asked for a better person to share my life with, you are the most perfect and b-beautiful being there is in this planet..." 

 

Was he crying?

 

As I heard the beginning of his message, my eyes began filling up with tears at the strange feeling I had in the pit of my stomach. His beautiful voice was full of pain and sorrow, slowly breaking my heart to pieces hearing him struggle to stay composed. 

 

What was wrong?

 

"M-Minnie, you w-were right, I sh-shouldn't have left. I'm sorry, p-please forgive me. I l-love you Sungmin...I love you s-so so much that even if I w-was offered another life, I'd still pick you...Be strong, I-I'll take care of you a-and I'll keep loving you from heaven, my love..."

 

Heaven? What? No, this can't be happening!

 

"and p-please...don't wait for me." 

 

I felt the phone slip out of my hand as I broke out in heartbreaking sobs, tears running down my face as I realized what he was saying.

 

"No! You can't do this to me! Kyu come back! I'm waiting for you! Please! I'm sorry!"

 

I screamed as I slid down to the floor, curling up, wanting to die.

 

"KYYUUUUUUUUUUU!!"

 

*end of flashback*

 

 

Since that happened, I had tried going to him countless of times, always failing to succeed as my family and friends had kept a close eye on me. They had gone to the extreme of hospitalizing me and taking me to therapists so I could get better. They didn't understand I couldn't get better—that there was no reason to get better. All I wanted was to be with him again.

 

Realizing that they wouldn't accept my parting, I pulled my act together and pretended to slowly get better, making sure everyone fell for it. Just how I thought, the people around me truly believed that I was going back to my old cheerful self, the one that who loved life and was able to move on. Oh how wrong they were. It took me two years—two years of loneliness and pain—but I was finally free to go to him.

 

I eyed the view in front of me one last time, appreciating that my last morning was such a beautiful one, before turning around and closing my eyes.

 

As I spread my arms wide, a small smile appeared on my face. The first real smile in years.

 

No, I'm not going to wait for him. I'm going to do what is right. This time, I'm going after him. I'm going to join him in heaven.

 

I carefully stepped backwards until I was at the edge of the building's roof, letting my weight pull me back and off the building.

 

I could feel the air rushing around me as I sped down towards the sidewalk...

 

And then nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't know where I was or how much time had passed since I jumped off the building's roof, but I felt it was time to wake up.

 

Slowly, I opened my eyes to meet a pair of welcoming, warm brown eyes looking at me. Those sparkling brown eyes full of mischievousness I had missed so much for the past couple of years.

 

 

 

"You finally came."

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

A/N: So how was it? I know it was sort of short but please do leave me some comments on your thoughts about it. :)

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HinKyuMin (If I knew how to tag her I would, but since I don't know how, I'm just hoping she'll see it lol) gave me an idea for an alternative ending. What do you guys think?

 

Thanks for reading! Love you<3

 

 

 

 

 

 

November 4, 2014