Chapter 3:: Vacation

Please... Don't Go
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 3:: Vacation[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]A strip club?[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

I stayed at Onew’s that night. Not feeling any anger, or depression that I had been feeling the last few months. Maybe Onew was right. Maybe it was the house. The house we shared. That we planned on buying and living in. What was he doing to me? What happened to us?

It felt like I was having a neverending battle with myself. I was so heartbroken, and love sick. I just wished I knew, what went wrong…

Living with Onew had helped a lot though, I’d only been here a week now, and though I’ve been in and out of depression. Things had gradually gotten better. I was using the spare bedroom, and spent most of my time there… Well at least tried to. I didn’t want to be too much a burden on Onew, especially since he would take no for any sort of answer. 

“So, I have an idea.” 

Cocking a brow I looked over at my friend.

“And that would be?”

“A vacation.” he smiled. 

“Why?”

“Oh come on! You’ve been in this rut for months now!” I stayed quiet. He sighed. “Look, I know you miss him. And I know I keep telling you the same BS and you’re tired of hearing it. We all do. But, I think this little vacation will do you some good~” he smiled.

“And where would we be going?” 

"Well, my parents have a beach house. It’s about a two hour drive. They told me we could go stay there for a bit. SO! I planned a little vacation. You, me, and 2min will go down. Have some fun on the beach. There are also things to do around the area too.”

It didn’t sound too bad. But I wasn’t so sure it’d help.

“Taemin has a few friends in the area too, so I thought it’d be nice for all of us to get together.” 

I nodded.

“So when do you plan we do this?” I looked to him. “So I can at least ask my boss to take a few vacation days.”

“You let him know we are leaving in three days. And with all the overtime you’ve racked up, I’m sure he wont mind you taking a week off.”

“A WEEK!?” I practically shouted. “I only have a month of vacation time.” 

“So a week shouldn’t be too bad. AND again with your overtime. You deserve some time off.”

He was right, but I always saved my vacation days for holidays mostly. And whatever’s left gets rolled over into the next year. Sighing I knew I wasn’t going to be able to get out of this.

“Alright.”

~*`*`*~

We were on the road, Onew driving with myself in the passengers seat. And the oh so loveable 2min behind us.

“Hey lovebirds, could’ya quit it?” I was a little irritated with their lovey dovey affections. “Remember you’re only in the honey moon phase.” I started. “It’ll all go downhill from there.” mumbling the rest.

“Oh stop it Jjongie. They are in love.” Onew smiled.

“Yeah~” Taemin smiled to Minho. I felt like I was going to puke.

“And it took you two how long to figure these feelings for one another out?” I scoffed. “You’re whole life up till a few months ago?”

“Oh Dino, would you stop.” Minho started. “Look at you at Key! You two were high school sweethearts whether you realized it or not!” 

“ you.” I said. 

It had gotten quiet. Minho had crossed the line. And not that I was counting, but it had been almost 5 months since Key had disappeared. And the fact it’s almost been half the year. What was still there of my beating heart seemed to break and crumble even more.

The silence seemed to be unbearable. Onew the radio to kill it. I didn’t blame him. After awhile idle chatter had filled the car. Minho and Onew talking about various things. And even Tae chiming in to talk about his friend he hadn’t seen in sometime. 

“Actually, I think you’d get along with him pretty well Jonghyun~” he smiled. 

“Oh? How so?” 

“I just know~” he stuck his nose to the air. Onew chuckled.

“Is it who I think it is?”  he asked. Taemin nodded. “Ahh.” Tokki looked to me. “I can see it.”

“See what?” I was really wondering what was going on. But of course, I’d not get any answers.

~*`*`*~

We finally made it into town the warm sea breeze whipping my skin. We had just pulled into the driveway stepping out to a full view of the beach.

“Oh my god this is so pretty!” Taemin proclaimed. “Definitely a great place for a vacation.” 

“I can agree to that!” Minho chimed. 

I shook my head grabbing my bags heading into the house. 

‘We can choose our rooms, there are about 5.” Onew called. 

Entering the kitchen first, I walked through observing everything. Making it to the living room, I noticed all the photos. Placing my bag onto the couch I walked over looking at all the picture frames. Some were of their family. Onew’s parents, cousins. Then there were some of us. From when we were kids to just last year. There were photos of Key and I. Onew and Minho. Even a more recent photo of Tae and Min. 

Mr. and Mrs. Lee were always looking out for us. Just as my parents had.

Please log in to read the full chapter