Alone 1/2

Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A very pretty, yet mysterious girl can be seen at the back of the classroom. She's sitting at the farthest corner and is shielding herself from the inevitable hurtful words that can be likely just around the curb, waiting for its perfect timing to stab her. This happens everyday, so the said girl is used to it by now. 

 

Ever since that tragedy happened, no one ever came near her. Everyone was terrified to even talk to her, so they just gossiped and stared at her like she's some kind of a criminal, which they all thought she is. 

 

At first, it really bothered her. The scrutinizing gaze, the judging stares and the booming laughter that are echoing in the school's corridor just know how to kill her heart painfully slow, but surely. 

 

"Class, please settle down. We have a transfer student from Canada so please, be on your best behavior." 

 

It was a command and the students knew better than to disobey the teacher. 

 

"Hi! I'm Wendy Son from Canada. Please forgive me because I really can't speak good Korean since I just arrived here last week. Please to meet you all." 

 

The new student introduced herself awkwardly with her Korean-Canadian accent earning a few chuckles from the boys in the class. 

 

"She's cute." one of the boys muttered to his buddy. 

 

The strict teacher surprisingly smiled at Wendy and asked her to choose her seat. The leader of the 'popular' group raised her hand and smiled falsely at Wendy as if inviting her to sit with her group. Unfortunately for the girl (and fortunately for Wendy), she turned her head and was intrigued by the timid girl who has her hair covering her face and was sitting at the farthest corner in the room. 

 

"I'm sorry, but I wanna sit at the back." she smiled and hoped that it looked sincere enough. 

 

Loud gasps were heard in the room the moment she said those words. The students gaped at her. 

 

She scurried and ignored the looks they were giving her. Wendy is a really talkative girl, but she doesn't like attention that much, which is impossible because of her good looks. 

 

The teacher then broke their trance by clapping her hands. 

 

"So, let's start now." 

-

 

The girl from Canada kept on squirming on her seat. She felt bored and undeniably sleepy. 

 

"Ugh. Why are classes here in Korea so boring?" she muttered in perfect English while trying so hard to keep her eyes open. 

 

When she looked around, no one's really listening. Even the nerds were slapping their cheeks hard for them to wake up. 

 

"Gee." she let her shoulders dropped and she slouched on her seat. That's when a thought hit her. 

 

"Hey." she tapped her seat mate's shoulder lightly and she felt the latter flinched. She immediately retracted her hand and mumbled a 'sorry' to which the latter ignored. 

 

Her seat mate is still looking like a ghost or something in her position. Why is she even hiding her face? Does she have a scar somewhere?

 

"Uhm. Are you okay?" 

 

"..." 

 

And of course she won't reply. 

 

Wendy didn't realize that she just stared at her seat mate until class ended. She didn't even hear the sound of the bell ringing.

 

"Hey, Wendy!" 

 

"Yes?" the said girl blinked in confusion while staring at her classmate. 

 

"Wanna eat with us?" 

 

"Nah. I'm staying here." 

 

The guy stared at Wendy unbelievably and pointed at her seat mate who's still isn't moving from her position. 

 

"Thanks for offering, though." 

 

He nodded and swiftly dashed to the door, almost stumbling at someone's bag because of his eagerness to go out. 

 

"What is wrong with them?" she asked to no one in particular. 

 

The other girl inside the room then moved and grabbed her food from her bag. She started munching slowly and ignored the presence of the new student. 

 

"Hey? Uhm, hi. I'm Wendy." 

 

"..."

 

"Nice to meet you?" 

 

The timid girl just nodded her head. Wendy smiled. At least she got some reaction. What got her curious the most was the other's face. Why is her hair covering more than half of her face? She got a feeling that she's actually pretty and it bugs her to death as to why is she hiding it. 

 

"Can I at least know your name?" 

 

"Irene." 

 

"Nice name. It suits you."

 

Wendy wasn't kidding when she told her that. Hearing the other's angelic voice dumbfounded her even if it's just a mere whisper so she tried to control herself, but she failed shamelessly when she saw a glimpse of Irene's smile. 

-

 


A very expensive car parked in front of the school. A chauffeur hastily went out and escorted Irene to the car. 

 

"Irene! Wait!" 

 

Wendy hurriedly ran towards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter