.021

Shots of Haven

Title: Quasimodo

Pairing: crackship!TaeRi, onesided!JiMin, past!JongRi, Gyuri/OC

Rating: G

WC: 11,205

Summary: Gyuri is marrying someone she doesn’t love. Jiyoung is annoyed because Taemin won’t stop.

A/N: After months of struggling with this fic, I have finally finished this oneshot crackship! It is inspired by SHINee’s song. And I know that Taemin/Gyuri pairing is rare (that’s why it’s called crackship) but I just really had this idea. So yeah, it’s okay if you don’t want to read it. Because after all, the story is all over the place.

This is an experiment, as usual.

 

Even if I can’t have you, even when my heart
Is blocked in the end by the wall of sad connection
I love you, if it’s a place, where I can just watch you
Because you’re my everything

– SHINee

 

 

Falling in love wasn’t a choice, in whom you falls to is never an option either. The four letter word that people oftenly describes as a heavenly feeling, is a sneaky traitor. Sometimes, a person wishes for that beautiful human being, instead, they marry the odd one out in the line of good looking people. Other times they want someone with money, ironically, they ended up being with the person with the most debts one could possibly think. There is also that one person who wants to find someone at the same age only to start a relationship with somebody two times older.

No one can predict. No matter how much one try to follow advices from what they call, experts in love, or how many saints they try to pray upon, still, like what the song says, love moves in mysterious ways.

It was never rainbows and unicorns all the time either. Some ends up in tears, while those who survive the wheel of change, were called the lucky ones. Nonetheless, the two people involve in that four letter word have all the rights in the relationship. However, in some instances, some unfortunate relationship, even what they say doesn’t mean anything when the people surrounding them had already put a period in their words.

Love is tragedy.

 

 

“I thought you’ve forgot”

“Sorry”

“Please, have a seat”

 

 

The whole house was silent when Jiyoung arrived. The clock strikes seven, thirty minute late from her usual time to get back home. She flicked on the lights and dragged her covered feet inside, light steps following her behind.

“Guess my sister’s still on her date,” she threw her bag on the foot of the one seater couch and slumped her whole body on the long one.

“Jiyoung-ah, don’t you have any food?” Taemin pulled off her legs and took a seat next to her.

Said girl groaned in annoyance, “Aish! Tell me, why are you here again?”

“Because my house is terrible,” She rolled her eyes as he tried to attempt a pout.

“Whatever,” she carried her tired body to the kitchen and trudge back with a tray of snacks on hand, a minute later.

“Come on, finish quickly then leave my house,” she purposely let out an annoyed sigh, showing her disinterest in the situation and slumped back down on the couch, opening the television for something to distract her.

“Tsk, you’re no fun,” he pouted as he munched on a biscuit.

Jiyoung glared at him but made no other attempt to retort. She focused her attention back on the television in front of them and watched the horror film on a foreign channel she had stopped upon, Taemin doing the same. Contrast to their somewhat baby like features, the whole room remained silent, saved for the sounds coming off from the television. No occasional hiding of face in the throw pillow, nor sudden screams when the grotesque creature appeared from nowhere. However, when a piercing scream suddenly emerged not far away from them the same time when one of the characters got shot by a dagger straight in his left eye and another one got pulled down from her ankle out of nowhere, they both jolted up from their positions.

“Jiyoung! How many times did I tell you not to watch those kinds of films?!” A girl wearing a lavender robe over pyjamas was standing in the entry way with her hands covering her whole face.

“Unnie! When did you come?” The former immediately changed channels and recomposed her self.

“Is it over?” She peaked through the little gap she made between her fingers and sighed when the channel has changed to a music program. “Just a little over now, I didn’t notice the TV until I had changed and looked for you,” she walked around the first couch and only then she noticed the boy beside Jiyoung, she stopped.

“Oh...you have a guess”

“Yeah, I’ve invited him actually”

The girl choose to ignore the sarcasm in her sister’s voice and instead introduced herself, “Hi, I’m Jiyoung’s older sister, Gyuri”

The smile that Gyuri flashed made the boy blush unexpectedly, “T-taemin”

“Jing, he’s so cute. Where’d you find him?” And it was like Taemin is a baby instead of a boy around her sister’s age as Gyuri quickly sat between them and pinched Taemin’s cheeks to her excitement.

“Ugh, that ‘thing’ pestered me and followed me here, now tell me, in which part of him is cute?” Gyuri glared at her sister’s rudeness and patted Taemin’s head in return. “Have you eaten?”

Just then, the two remembered to check the time, eight twenty three, he bashfully shook his head.

“Great, I’ll make a quick dinner, eat with us,”

It was their first meeting with Taemin being all shy and awkward but at the same time filled with so much familiarity that Jiyoung didn’t miss the change of the heavy atmosphere inside their house that has been there for three years.

 

 

“How did it go?” The younger of the siblings asked as they bask in the night sky – Taemin on his way home after dinner, much to Gyuri’s protests for another minute or two.

The older sighed and sipped on her decaffeinated coffee, “Fine.” It was a short asnwer but full of wonders just like one of the times where the two stays outside under the blanket of stars and have the whole night to talk about subjects they would much prefer not having.

“You know, you don’t have to do it,” she stared at her sister with sympathy.

Gyuri flashed a tired smile, totally worn out of the same conversation they have been dealing with ever since Jiyoung found out her sister’s situation and the younger would always get the same answer, “It was planned before I was even born.”

Arrainged marriage, the last thing Gyuri ever wanted in her life. The feeling of being controlled for the rest of her life was something she didn’t want to ever experience, however, life itself wasn’t always fair. Still a little childish at her age of twenty two before, Gyuri didn’t expect that the dinner she had gone into with her parents would make drastic changes in her life.

She had been restricted to fall in love with anyone except for the guy sitting across from her.

The idea was selfish, suffocating, and insane. Over the years of exclusively dating, she had never once felt the heat rush of adrenaline in her body when they touch skin, nor the double beating of heart when he surprises her. It never happen and will never, no.

Gyuri was in love and is having the blissful time of her life when she was forced to break the relationship she have with her first boyfriend. Ever since then, Gyuri’s heart had been locked and sealed, along with the cracks and broken pieces from the fall out.

The older girl simply didn’t have the heart to love anyone aside from her sister

 

 

“Gyuri-ssi, would you want to watch a horror movie?”

“No horror movies.”

 

 

“Will you stop following me?”

“NO”

Jiyoung groaned whilst Taemin remained stubborn and stick to her like glue. He had blatantly admitted to Jiyoung that yesterday had been fun for him and the fact that her older sister is beautiful he had too many reasons to crash in her house once again. Jiyoung had sighed at him then, ignoring his unpleasant expression as he repeats the words, beauty and Gyuri.

“Will your sister be there?” He asked enthusiastically.

“No,” he pouted as Jiyoung brush past him.

“Jiyoung-ah, why are you so mean?” Said girl feigned a hurtful look and stopped on her tracks.

“Taemin-ah, why are you such an annoyance?” She sneered and walked briskly trying to leave the other behind but failed when the former caught up right after his little froze-up.

They both walked with quickened pace, competing on who will lead and without them noticing it, they reached Jiyoung’s house. Taemin’s features lighted up once they stopped at the familiar house. A tugging feeling made him anxious so suddenly; he coughed a couple of times and tried to compose himself as he followed his friend inside.

“Jing, is that you?” His ears perked up at the sound of the voice he had replayed as he went to sleep last night. “You’re ea– T-taemin” Gyuri came out from the hallway halting up flustered at the sight of Jiyoung’s friend.

“Ugh, great,” the younger female rolled her eyes and threw her bag at the side. “You’re leaving?” she asked as she takes in the clothes her sister’s wearing.

Immediately, Gyuri’s mood fell to the ground, remembering her appointment, “Yeah.” She looked behind Jiyoung and on to the only guy in the house, “Taemin, I didn’t know you’re coming.”

“D-deh, sorry for the inconvenience,” if no one noticed how his voice fell down, Taemin has done a great job in hiding.

“No, no. I’m actually fine to have you,” there’s a slight tingle in her voice but Gyuri remained indifferent. “It’s just...I want to hang with you guys. Jing hardly ever brings a friend over.”

“Oh... about yesterday, what she said was true.”

“Still, you’re the first I’ve met.”

The moment the two locked eyes and turned right away with Taemin having a touch of pink in his cheeks mumbling “I hope that’s good,” under his breath, the atmosphere obviously gotten a tension.

Something that Jiyoung is not sure of what but one thing she noticed is that, Gyuri is biting her bottom lip.

It was more than enough for her stomach to churn because it has been long – three long years – since she last seen her sister have a conversation with a guy out of work without walking away after his second response and yet she’s having a normal conversation with Taemin second time in a row. So, even before she could understand what it was, she had already said, “Taemin can come anytime,” with a small uncertain smile in her lips.

“Really?”

“Really?” They shared a look and both laughed as realization sink in.

The oldest smiled and brushed a lock of hair, she inhaled, “I’ll be looking forward to it then.” She turned over to her younger sister with a smile of gratitude which Jiyoung saw only once, “I’ve already cooked dinner, just heat it up.” And with that, she left the house.

When the door closed, Jiyoung knew she made a risky decision for blurting it out.

 

 

“How old is your sister?” Taemin asked as they walk home the next day, Jiyoung has been absolutely patient the whole day compared to the previous ones.

“Twenty five,” Though there is no finality in her words, which Taemin had already been grown accustomed when it comes to talking with Jiyoung, it went quiet after the answer. They remained walking, Jiyoung having a blank face and Taemin having a foolish smile no one could afford.

The two met last year and even though Jiyoung wouldn’t admit it and detest anyone who dare as much as say it, they were actually friends.

Taemin is persistent, joyful, and annoying according to Jiyoung, while she, on the other hand referred by Taemin as cold, brat, and self-centered. However, despite their quarrels, the two obviously complements each other so well. With Taemin’s annoyance he had unbelievably pulled Jiyoung out of her world and made her join the other existing world.

“Jiyoung,” he looked at the girl and she stared back at him, he bit lis lower lip and looked away. Hesitantly, he asked, “Can I really come to your house anytime?”

She sighed; unknown thoughts and bothered feelings were starting to crawl up in her blood, “Yeah.”

Taemin smiled in relief.

“Thank you,” the gentleness hidden in his bashful voice, the softness that grazed in his expression, perhaps Jiyoung’s just thinking too much.

Nothing came out of the girl’s lips after, they fall in to the deepest silence they have ever been and focused on swimming back in the surface, even so, the pregnant silence that took over the conversation is nowhere near irritation. For once, Jiyoung noticed how the sky is a lot clearer than she had ever seen it, the warmth of the air is filled with something comforting, and the smiles she’s been getting from different strangers didn’t feel any harmful nor laced with danger. The surrounding is calm and peaceful, and a feeling of happiness could be easily detected right beside her, to the man walking silently with a pleasing smile and a blushing cheeks.

Jiyoung remembered that day when she first met Jonghyun, the guy her sister has been dating. Gyuri was supposed to pick her up for a date in the mall, a kind of bond the sisters had grown up to, but nothing in Jiyoung’s instincts had told her that it was more than just that, or that it would be three of them instead of two. She remembered how the both of them were nervous and shy and how Jiyoung was left speechless.

The couple was awkward in her memory, but she’s certain that the look Jonghyun has been sending her sister is nothing related to awkwardness. And the way he’s always beside her for anything, be it support or just to secretly hold Gyuri’s hand from behind, Jiyoung is sure, it would be her last date with her sister – only it wasn’t.

Gyuri was happy, everytime Jiyoung would come home from school she would pull her into her room and squeal like a mad girl in love while she talks about what had happened in her own school with Jonghyun. It was irritating and the younger of the two had started loosing her patience. Gyuri is always cheerful, always in the mood to smile over small silly things, always so sweet, always. There was never a dull moment in her life with Jonghyun, Gyuri had sworn inside Jiyoung’s room one afternoon that she could never ask for more.

“I’m the luckiest girl,” those were the exact same words Gyuri had said that day and had left its mark in her younger sister. Jiyoung could recall how Gyuri’s face was tomato red and how she had quickly covered it with a pillow as she rolls over the bed with flailing arms. The younger had seen that scene a hundred of times but a feeling of sincerity knocked in her door only that moment. For the first time ever since Gyuri started telling her all those things, it was just then that Jiyoung smiled.

“You’re in love,” a statement that made Gyuri stop and uncover her face, the younger female had never said any encouragement from the start and even though what she said during that time isn’t considered as one, through Gyuri’s smile, Jiyoung saw a new wave of confidence and a different kind of love in her.

“I am,” the affirmity and security in her sister’s voice that day had cracked the very next day.

It was supposed to be another time of leisure but the younger had been wary all day. She was left home alone by her parents and her sister who had gone to meet someone. Yet, something with the way their parents had been eyeing Gyuri, told Jiyoung that watching scary movies is forbidden for a reason. The once happy and excited sister of her knocked in her room door late that night, looking all miserable and hopeless.

Jiyoung remembered watching Gyuri weeped inside her embrace as her sister soaked her favorite pyjama with her tears. She had felt how the older clutched on to the material with her clenched fists and tug as she tried to stay still.

Jiyoung wasn’t lost; anyone would easily figure out that her sister is broken. And Gyuri is completely broken by the time she found her voice to explain what had happened. Sadness and sympathy quickly masked Jiyoung’s face, she was never a fan of drama but Gyuri crying herself to sleep weakened her cold heart.

She was there when Gyuri first broke her shell and she was also there when Gyuri’s inner core shattered, beyond broken. Her sister’s relationship with Jonghyun had been a secret from their parents, Jiyoung at her age, didn’t understand the deal with it but Jonghyun did. Never once did she saw any urgency in him nor did she ever hear from Gyuri that Jonghyun wants to meet her parents, his heart was gentle and warm, his smile was proud yet innocent, however, none of them reflected when he stood frozen in his place after the revelation.

Gyuri was holding his hands as she explained, firmly holding it as Jonghyun slowly loose his senses. She was crying and he was just looking at her with his blank gaze. Too much information and too many shattered pieces to stop, Jonghyun finally realizes it all, his heart slowly turning cold and frozen, his mind starting to shut down on its own accord and Jonghyun sees Gyuri in another man’s arm.

They all hear the last piece of his heart hit the ground.

Jiyoung saw how his blank eyes slowly turned red and wet; the trembling of his hands didn’t escape her vision as well. That day, Jonghyun’s smile was sad and small, his heart was complete but dead and a million pieces deeply inside, and despite everything, Jongyhun managed to pull Gyuri’s body against his and utter the words that Jiyoung would never forget, “I understand. Because I love you, I understood.”

Jiyoung never had a date with her sister in the mall after.

“Taemin,” she stopped just as she opened the door. “If ever,” she turned around and looked at the latter, Taemin stared back at her, a little worried at the way Jiyoung’s looking a little frightened and somehow desperate, “If ever you’re in love, really in love with someone who’s already with somebody, what would you do?”

Taemin is confused with the question but had a solid answer, “You know how stubborn I can be.”

“Even if people disagree?” He nodded and Jiyoung’s body relaxed a bit, she turned around and opened the door. May be it was her sister complex that she had unconciously developed the time Gyuri stopped smiling, or the determination that shadowed in Taemin’s eye, or it was that strange feeling in her gut that made her hope for a better tomorrow. “Come over anytime.”

 

 

A knock on the door detached Gyuri from her book. She turned it upside down and placed the half read pocket book on the coffee table shouting a “Who is it?” along her way.

“Noona!” Taemin smiled cheerfully as the wood barrier opened with Gyuri holding the knob.

There’s a short silence as the older tried to relocate her voice, “Taemin, Jiyoung’s not here.”

“Jiyoung said I could come anytime, is today a bad time?” He looked down shyly and his voice sounded hopeful.

Gyuri shook her head and smiled, “No, it’s great. The house is boring with only one person.”

He beamed excitedly and followed the older inside, shutting the door close, “Where is she by the way, noona?”

“In her classmate’s house for a project, I forgot her name though,” Taemin nodded and hummed in approval, trying to distract his curiosity as to why out of nowhere his palm got sweaty and his heart is beating twice its supposed rate of speed.

“Wait here, I’ll get us some snack,” Gyuri smiled and patted the boy’s head, walking on a different path from what the latter took.

She quickly grabbed anything her hands touched and put them on a tray while she bit her bottom lip. The appearance of Taemin in their life made the two story house lived by only two family members seemed small suddenly. His cheerfulness radiates in the whole house and Gyuri had started counting the days she last smiled from her broken heart, and all of a sudden, it felt home.

“Is the book good?” He asks as she came back.

Gyuri takes hold of the book; she folds the corner of the current page and closes it down, “Just fine, some inspirational piece on what happiness really is.”

She sat beside Taemin and the atmosphere turned heavy the minute the latter reached for the cookie. At twenty five years of age, Gyuri remembered how she promised she will never feel insecure for anyone from the opposite anymore, yet, with Taemin sitting close next to her and is obviously three years younger than her, Gyuri felt the heat rush of checking herself out in the mirror.

“Noona, what do you like?” Taemin asked curiously, leaning a little to close the distance in between.

Gyuri stops, a memory of gold treasure flashes back. The long run of its key didn’t matter when the events are still crystal clear like it was just yesterday when in truth the word yesterday is an understatement. That one time Gyuri lied to her parents for a school project was actually to spend time with Jonghyun.

The day was Friday after school, the cinema house in the shopping district was their first stop. Gyuri never watched horror movies, but she did once, that day. With Jonghyun by her side, her screams were the loudest; she clutched, tugged, and hid in his arms. She was angry as they came out but when Jonghyun hugged her and apologized, Gyuri massaged her boyfriend’s arm that had been murdered by her very own hands.

And as if nothing had happened, they strolled down the city’s night life, eating street foods and walking hand in hand. It was a life Gyuri never experienced, not before Jonghyun came, and she was happy until the rain decided to pour down. She had run inside a store for protection but Jonghyun just stood there in the middle of the pouring rain.

The butterflies she felt during that day emerged suddenly as the memory goes on. Gyuri could remember how, despite her pout and heavy steps, Jonghyun welcomed her with his arms wide open and kissed her under the rain with people watching.

A sad smile crossed her face.

She remembered running in the rain while holding his hands, she recalled each moment he stopped just to whisper I love you in his kisses, the memory of them both catching flu the very next day, Gyuri answered softly, “I like rain.”

“I see...” Taemin answered nonchalantly, oblivious of how Gyuri’s eyes shimmers in dark.

“W-what do you like, Taemin?” Gyuri reached for the glass of juice and tried to drown out the memory as she takes a swig.

“Hmm... I like, uhh, I like annoying Jiyoung,” Suddenly, Gyuri laughs and Taemin flushes.

“Annoying Jiyoung, huh?” He shyly nodded, his fingers fidgeting unconsciously.

 

 

“Do you fancy street foods?”

“No”

 

 

Gyuri is in the stage of her life were she’s walking without direction when Taemin came in. Her mind is already set that nothing will matter anymore with regards to her decision in her own life. She’s convinced that everything is already laid out in front of her and it’s just a matter of her presence and acknowledgement for the film to roll. It would be a life with no worries and problems, only which, the very idea of it is the biggest problem Gyuri has ever faced.

She had tried to be polite and stay in character every time she’ll meet him. But everytime, her efforts turns into waste. No matter where she looks at him in any angle, be it from the side or just a preview of his profile, Jonghyun’s face comes in her mind.

Gyuri could see a crying Jonghyun in him. He strongly reminds her of how she was before and what happened to her after. She hates him, although, in fact, she wants to hate him. Because despite the pain she’s gone through and as much as she wants to prove that it is, it was not his fault.

Though a little late, Gyuri – along the way of convincing herself of the changes she’ll face – had started accepting the fact that it was not his fault and was never from the start. Because just like her, he is also a victim of the insane arrangement made by their parents. She could only hate him for bringing back those painful yet treasured memories, memories in which she held onto for keeping her sanity.

To be her reminder of what she had to go through because, no one, other than Jiyoung, witnessed how she tried so hard to pick herself up from the ground that feels six feet under. It was self pity, to see how she stopped those tears only to let them fall once again with even just a tiny bit of mentioning the name of her past lover. Gyuri had suffered beyond pain; she had lost a part of her and left the space empty.

The hole was that of abyss and heavy despite it being void. It is obviously evident within her actions, she could laugh, she could talk, she could cry, but no one asked why it’s never can. Only Jiyoung, the girl who despite her façade wakes up in the middle of the night just to make sure Gyuri isn’t crying under her covers.

It was a tough battle for the older, a loosing one in all honesty. The first time they officially went out made her nightmares came true. Everything is just wrong and out of place just like how cold it was despite the humidity in the night air, and by the time he held her hands, tears threatened their way down. She refused his other invitations for a date after, but in the end, she came out with a white flag wagging in her tail.

Then Taemin walks in when Gyuri is learning to befriend him for the sake of her future life. He was all smiles and sunshines, and it scared Gyuri how she could fancy him over a millisecond of meeting while she has been trying not to puke each time she puts a smile for the sake of her future commitment. Perhaps it was his cute face or his cute chubby cheeks, it could also be because of Jiyoung, but Gyuri is sure she had already lost count of how long it has been since she praised one so simple and carefree.

Now, every waking day seems a lot lighter, her moods are getting better as time goes by and unconciously knowing, the Gyuri now can laugh.

 

From: Taemin

Good morning noona! ^^ How was your sleep? I’ve had a good one! Though it’s quite annoying my alarm had to wake me up in the middle of my dream π_π It was so good and getting intense when it took off, and no matter how I tried so much to close my eyes and sleep the dream wasn’t there anymore L Anyways, pull the covers now and get up! Or you’ll be late for your work, but do remember to give me a reply ^_^

 

There are about eight new messages in Gyuri’s inbox but it was Taemin’s morning message that she opens to read. The boy never fails to give Gyuri a reason to start her day with a smile. Taemin is lively and so it does with his texts, it always contains such sleeping stories and emoticons.

 

To: Taemin

Good morning Taemin. I’ve also had a great sleep but unlike you, I didn’t have any dream. Dreams usually don’t come back once it’s interrupted but don’t be sad, there are times where a new dream occurs when you go back to sleep. Just don’t try that now or you’ll be late for school. Have a great day and be careful. ^^

 

Odd, obviously bizarre for her to compose such long messages early in the morning, and the fact that she just added an emoticon is clearly not Gyuri. But she did, just because.

How they started exchanging messages is not marked in the calendar. The day Gyuri realizes it; she had already sent her long reply. Whilst everything in his text seems so cheerful, Gyuri’s messages were simple and dull. But it was like magic working its mystery when one day she wakes up and composed a different kind of message. From then on, she uses characters more than her usual count, fifteen.

 

From: Taemin

Really? (*o*) I never know of that, I should really try that one time or maybe later in class. Mrs. Higgins probably wouldn’t notice me, Jiyoung says she only focuses on the boys in front of her. Sshhh, don’t tell her I told you that! XDD

 

Six in the morning and Gyuri is laughing just because Taemin’s messages are cute and he loves putting emoticons.

 

 

Unlike the others at the age of twenty two, Lee Taemin is not in a hurry for some kind of romance to spice up his life. He is young and still on his way to maturity, he himself clearly knows that. Serious relationship, or whatever kind of relationship there is, is not Taemin’s forte. He had never fallen in love, thus, he is yet to know how those butterflies work.

Although, even with his lack of experience in that field, Taemin is highly aware of his good looks and what it does to other girls. He already knows how cute he is or how safe it is for him to be kept in their pockets for their own good.

Everything is just the same for the boy and that is until he met Jiyoung. She didn’t praise his looks nor pinched his cheeks; rather, she gave him the cold shoulder and her glaring eyes. Meeting Jiyoung is like traveling in a foreign country with his poor English. He was fighting against the cold of Mt. Everest in his sleeves and pants and it doesn’t even stop him. Taemin chose to stick with Jiyoung day in and out, winter or storm, cracking her iceberge little by little. In the end, Jiyoung’s world of forever winter tasted its first sunny weather.

None has changed after but there’s an imaginary rule between the lines that allowed Taemin to be her friend. Slowly, the two progressed and everything is just normal, Taemin’s constant annoying and Jiyoung’s unending coldness is nothing special anymore. It naturally became a part of their life but Taemin had no idea what it really meant to be Jiyoung’s friend until he met her family, only family.

Gyuri is nothing compared to Jiyoung, they were complete opposites having the warmth that Jiyoung lacks of. She had a presence that Taemin just couldn’t get enough of, even if their first meeting reminded him of his old days without Jiyoung.

 

To: Gyuri noona

I’m hungryyyyyy! TToTT

 

With her, he had become a little more childish. He turned into someone that needs her affection and attention. Constantly wanting to have her presence near or in some instances in messages, and by the time he understands it, Taemin had wandered the spring.

 

From: Gyuri noona

But you just ate. Seriously Taemin, what kind of stomach do you have?

 

Jiyoung’s winter world is dry and damp at the same time; it had a dull atmosphere compared to Gyuri’s spring country in which everything is of color. Anything surrounding her is blosooming; she just represents all the kinds of flowers Taemin could put a name on. The world of pollution seems to be fresh and clean with Gyuri around.

 

To: Gyuri noona

I’m still growing noona >_<

 

There’s a rainbow and a small lake that flows silently, the wind breeze is calm and peaceful, the high mountains seems to be reachable, and Taemin is liking his stay in this new dimension. He could see birds flying around and rabbits hopping around, beautiful butterflies landing from flower to another and ending in his stomach. And perhaps, he’s already learning how those butterflies work.

It was a foreign feeling for Taemin but he is sure that he enjoys and prefers the sunny weather in spring than in any season there is.

 

 

It is a whole lot different to Jiyoung when it comes to maturity, a pretty much an independent girl. She relies on her own; believing that no one can help you except yourself only. She never asked, however, she does helps – if listening to her sister’s unending story can be considered.

One would quickly assume that Jiyoung is a loner, with no one to eat lunch together with, always sitting quietly at the corner of the room, and straightly goes back home when the last subject ends with a sigh. It never bothered her though. Jiyoung thinks that, though she lives a simple life, it was good. She never had to consider others if she ever needs some decision making. There would be no one to stop her from getting what she wants. And it was just simply freedom to Jiyoung.

The fact that her time and mind only belongs to her is the most thrilling experience she ever felt, until she met Taemin.

Her usual – and normal – routine of living her life suddenly made small, yet, very prominent changes. Instead of a lone back eating lunch facing the windows, now there are two, going straight home after class started having detours, and now, there is another head sitting at the corner of the room next to hers.

It just wasn’t right.

Or so she thinks it isn’t. Gradually, Jiyoung started accepting (or more likely tolerating to have) Taemin in her life, and she would fight for blood if anyone thinks differently because the only sole reason of her acceptance was of her sister.

Jiyoung hates it that, she, being such an observant, can pick up small details from small actions. If Gyuri haven’t introduced her past boyfriend to her, Jiyoung wouldn’t feel such uneasiness when it comes to the older’s happiness.

She never cared for anyone except for her sister, even her own sake was left at the third place of her list, giving the first two spots for Gyuri and Taemin, respectively. Well, she never planned to care for Taemin at all; her only subject was her sister. However, when Jiyoung saw her ‘friend’ smiling foolishly while he stares at his phone during class, the stoic girl can’t help but feel bad for the boy.

He was oblivious.

And Jiyoung wanted to leave it at that, she doesn’t want to interfere, even if something pokes at her each time she sees Taemin smiling happily at her. Jiyoung wanted it to be Gyuri to be the one to tell the boy the situation he’s facing, she never want to see disappointment in those cheerful eyes. It was just her thought and admittedly, Jiyoung will definitely feel sad if Taemin decides to walk away in her life.

“I’m going to pick up some cupcakes for my sister on the way home, do you want to come?” Taemin lifts his head from his phone, eyes wide and pleading.

“You mean it?” Jiyoung could hear excitement in his tone, she nods. Maybe, if there’s no class currently going on, Taemin would jump from his seat and hug Jiyoung, and although the girl wouldn’t admit it, she wonders, more often than not, how it feels to be inside Taemin’s embrace.