Party

Truly Valuable
The next morning Min got up and went for a walk. Umma was busy so Min had to eat breakfast by herself today. The dining thing wasn't until 5pm so she had the whole day to herself. She entered her favorite cafe and ordered a scone and a hot chocolate. 
 
Min got her food and sat at a table next to the window. There, she planned her whole day out in front of her. It was 9:30 am right now. 
 
1. Finish eating and walk back home by 10:00.
2. Drive to the theater and find anything to watch for tonight, and that should take around half an hour, so maybe finish around 10:45 the latest.
3. Go shopping to buy Halmeoni and Halbeoji gifts before they leave, and maybe some other cool stuff. Shopping takes up a lot of time though, so hopefully speed shopping ends by 1:00.
4. Grab a snack and drop off gifts for Halmeoni and Halbeoji.
5. Go back home and eat again!
6. Maybe take a jog, take a shower. Should be about 4:30 by then.
7. Just chill...?
 
Well, that was the plan. So Min did do just that. She got three tickets for tonight and  bought winter coats and a bunch of snacks for Halmeoni and Halbeoji, that she dropped off at their house. She did take a jog and just got out the shower. 
 
But it was only 4:00. During these times, Min would often hope for friends to hang with. She never liked being alone. She would call up her high school friends, they'll totally make time for her... only if they got to see her dad. It was pretty obvious they wanted to make a good impression in front of him so their families can promote themselves through the Kim's. Sigh. They weren't on the same level as the Kim's but they weren't poor as well.
 
Min walked into the living room, drying her long hair with a towel. She hopped on the couch and the TV. At the same time, Appa came in the house.
 
"Welcome home Ap-" Min stopped herself, "father." Only receiving the same gloomy face she had seen all her life, she decided to try again, "I bought tickets to a movie tonight! Do you want to join?"
"I'm going to be busy." Mr. Kim started to head up the stairs, "And don't make me look bad tonight."
"Never, sir." Min said as she turned back to the TV, only to shut it off and head to her room. 
 
She put on her simple one-sleeve, black dress with a tint of sparkles on it, and matched it with a pair of black ankle boots with heels. She decided to put her hair up in a high ponytail, and since it was a party, she put a little make up on. She also stuffed a pair of extra clothes to change into, in a mini black and neon pink duffle bag.
 
She then went down to their garage and got in her "fancy but not too fancy" of a sports car and drove to her destination. She parked in the streets near the hotel the party was held in and went in. 
 
Min entered and walked through the hotel like a boss. She knew where she was heading to. But she wasn't heading to the room where the party was at, instead she went into an arcade room, which was next to the ice cream shop. It was 5:00, she had like fifteen minutes to spare, why not right?
 
People usually start arriving at the party ten minutes after the set time, but some like to go in twenty minutes later to make an entrance. Min was the kind who was in the middle, she'll arrive there early, but actually go in the party when almost all the people are there.
 
It wasn't weird to see a 17-year old girl go into an arcade and play some games, but boy was it really weird to see a 17-year-old girl in a nice dress with heels on, dancing on the DDR. Wow...awkward.
 
Good thing there weren't a lot of people there at this time of hour. There were two kids who just entered though, with their parents nowhere in sight.
 
One game on the DDR gives 3 rounds for the player to choose a song and dance to.  After Min finished her first song, she got off and let this girl-who was patiently waiting for her while looking at her in awe-take her two other rounds for free. Min didn't want to look like a mess at the party, and the girl seemed like she really wanted to dance, so it was a win-win. 
 
The little girl thanked her and danced her heart out, making Min quietly burst into laughter in the back. Min quietly moved into the toy machine section and saw this little 
boy holding a pink unicorn stuffed-animal, looking sadly at the machine. Min realized he was staring at the stuffed dinosaur that laid in the middle of the pile of other toys. 
 
"What's wrong, buddy?" She leveled herself down to the boy. "You don't like your unicorn?" 
He shook his head and quietly said,"I used all my coins to get this unicorn for my little sister." He turned to the little girl who was on the DDR. 
 
"Aww such a nice brother." Min complimented and he sadly smiled, "And for that... I think you deserve a little something." He looked up at Min who put in two coins in the machine, shifted the handle and pressed the button. The claw came down and grabbed the dinosaur and dropped it in the box, where Min took the dinosaur and faced the little boy.
"Rawr!" Min played with the dinosaur, "Here, it's yours now."
"Really???" the little boy exclaimed.
"Yep." Min smiled, "So where are your parents?"
"They're eating ice cream next door." the boy replied.
Min nodded understandingly. Their parents probably thought that their kids wouldn't use up all the money to play but they didn't know the power of a game room. 

Just outside, Dongwoon had just came out the restroom and was finding a way back to get to the party room. He walked past the ice cream shop and an arcade room, only stopping himself and backing up to look into the game room again.
 
Just like he thought, he saw a very familiar figure at the toy machine. Dongwoon decided to go in the arcade. It wouldn't hurt, he was lost anyways.

"Here take this," Min took the little boy's hands, "make sure you share with your sister okay?" she put a heavy ziplock bag packed with coins on his hands. The boy shook his head and tried giving it back to her. 

Suddenly a big hand was on top of the little boy's hands, preventing him from giving it back. Min looked up to see Dongwoon lowering himself next to her, saying "Take it." 

The little boy once again shook his head, but Dongwoon spoke again, "If you don't take it, she's going to be really sad." and the boy immediately looked at Min with a panicked face. Min looked at him with a frown and nodded her head up and down. At this, the boy kept the bag and hugged Min, "Thank you Unnie!!!"
 
"Now go play with your sister." Min smiled as she lightly pushed him towards the DDR station. Both Min and Dongwoon got up waved to the little boy and his sister goodbye, as they exited the game room.
 
"Looking sharp." Min smiled, referring to his suit.
"Back at ya." Dongwoon chuckled, "What you did there, for that little boy, that was really nice of you."
"That was nothing, he deserved it." Min said.
 
Dongwoon looked at his watch, "I would love to stay and chat, but I better get going now. Don't wanna be late to a party!" and he started to walk away.
"Where ya going?" Min asked, making Dongwoon turn around, "Party's this way." Min said as she point to the opposite direction with her thumb. Dongwoon looked really confused. "Trust me." Min assured him.
 
Just like last time, Dongwoon had no idea why but he listened to her. He just followed her, not knowing that they were both attending the same party. Too many questions popped into his head, that he couldn't keep it in anymore, but just when he was about to ask her something, they arrived at a hall of opened doors leading to one room. 
 
Min turned around and looked at him, "Okay, so I'll come by later and meet your friends and we can talk then. Doojoon is right there." Min pointed at Doojoon who was standing with the gang."You better go join them, don't wanna miss anything. Got to go! See ya!" Min then walked away and disappeared into the large room. 
 
Dongwoon was still very confused, but he followed her instructions and joined the gang. As he walked towards them, he noticed that the room was really bright and had a stage at the other end of the room. The ceilings hung sparkling chandeliers and the room had many tables, sofas, and it even had a mini bar in the corner. Fancy.
 
Doojoon looked relieved that Dongwoon found his way back, "Man, I was just gonna call you, thought you were lost."
"I was," Dongwoon said and looked at the others who were too busy talking and drinking champagne, "but I found Min and she brought me back."
"Min? Really? Where is she?" Doojoon asked as he turned his head and began searching for the girl.
"I don't know. She said tha-" Dongwoon got interrupted by the emcee up on the stage.
 
"Good evening. Welcome everyone, welcome. If you haven't already, our servers are walking around serving champagne, feel free to grab one or two. If you grab a couple, then just make sure you have someone else bring you back home! Safety first, am I right?" This caused some folks in the audience to nod, some to agree, and even some who laughed a little. The emcee was doing his job, loosening the atmosphere.
 
"Okay, back to the point. This summer's company dinner is hosted by the the Im family. May I present to you, Mr. Im." The emcee gestured his hand to an ahjussi, and everyone applauded. Mr. Im walked up next to him and the emcee gave the microphone to him. 
 
"Thank you, thank you. Hello ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming here tonight. I hope you all enjoy the food and entertainment. And yes, please help yourselves with more champagne. I'd be happy to send my men to take you guys home, as long as you're having a good time. So let's get down to business and have a wonderful dinner!" The audience applauded as Mr. Im exited the stage and the pianist below the stage started to play some classical music.
 
Right then, everyone seemed to know where to go and what to do. Slowly, the gang realized that everything was literally randomly played. 
 
"So, what do we do?" Yoseob asked the gang.
 
"You follow us of course." Mr. Yang spoke, causing the gang to look at him.
"We need to introduce our son to everyone." Mrs. Yang said, standing next to her husband.
 
So each one of them dispersed with their parents and met new company people. Each of them even met Halbeoji Kim and Halmeoni Kim, and Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Both Mr. and Mrs. Kim welcomed the fresh young men into the business world and also informed them that their daughter was around talking to other people.
 
The six met all the families in the room which was a total of fourteen other major companies excluding their own. When everyone was introduced, their parents let them go and eat. Everyone else already started getting food from the buffet. Some dancers were also on stage performing some amazing acts.
 
They all sat at their table and looked at each other.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Author's note: I know it's sooo boring!!!! So sorry!!! But I'm trying!!! :((
 
Please comment and subscribe! 
commenters will definitely help improve the story: )
 
Thank you to everyone for reading and everyone who has since stuck by this story!