Let's Goooo!!!!!

Trick-or-Treatween

 

 

 

A happy and excited Donghae banged open the door of his dear best friend, Hyukjae, and jumped on the latter's bed.

“Happy Trick-or-Treatween, Hyukkie!” He said with his usual wide and goofy smile.

“Yah, you idiot, I'm sleeping here! And it's called 'Happy Halloween', stupid.” Hyukjae stressed, rubbing the sleepiness from his eyes. “Now get the heck out of my room and let me sleep.” He his side, about to go back to sleep.

“No, Hyukkie, we have to go out to get our costumes... And for your information, when you knock on the door to get your treats, you don't say 'Happy Halloween', and then get candy. You have to say 'Trick or Treat' so blah!” Donghae pointed out to his self-appointed idiot, his anchovy best friend.

He then stuck out his tongue and began jumping up and down over and over again on the springy bed, making poor Hyukjae's body flop like a fish. “Get up, get up, get up, get up, get up!” he demanded obnoxiously.

“OKAY, DAMMIT! NOW GET THE HECK OUT OF MY DAMN ROOM!” Donghae squealed dumbly and hugged his pouty best friend with a chuckle.

“Okay, Hyukkie, see you in a little!” He didn't get hugged back, but Donghae was too happy to care. He ran away from Hyukjae's room, squealing some more because finally, after waiting for so long, they were going to get their costumes for trick-or-treating.

His mom said he was too old to trick-or-treat, so every year since he was 11 Donghae's dragged Hyukjae out with him to buy costumes and get candy. Sometimes, they got so much candy they both needed two bags!

With a wide smile Donghae found his way to Hyukjae's kitchen where he snatched a large candy apple from the kitchen island without asking permission. Hyukjae's mother was very nice to Donghae, like his second mother. And anyway, she knew there was no stopping Donghae on Hallowee—excuse me—Trick-or-Treatween without an argument. According to the 15 year old, there was no such thing as rotten teeth on this holiday.

There were no boundaries; no limits.

And as Donghae chewed on his sticky, sugar-coated apple, he marveled at all the costumes he thought about choosing, because, as clarified, there were no boundaries on Trick-or-Treatween.

He could be anything.

In the midst of finishing his delectable apple, Donghae whipped his head to the side with a big grin spreading on his handsomely childish face as Hyukjae finally came into the kitchen, and he was lucky he did as Donghae was just about ready to go up and drag him down.

“It's about time, Hyukkie! I'm ready to go~.” Donghae said gleefully, jumping up from his seat and grabbing Hyukjae's hand, ready to drag him out of the house.

“Hold on, Hae, I'm hungry. Can I at least get something to eat?” Hyukjae asked, trying to free his hand from his overly excited best friend.

Noooo, Hyukkie let's goooo.” Donghae whined and shoving the last piece of his candy apple into Hyukjae's mouth. This surprised Hyukjae and his mom, because when it came to Halloween candy, Donghae didn't share with anyone without anything in exchange.

Reluctantly, Hyukjae sighed and let his friend drag him out the door after he struggled to put on the shoes that Donghae nicely picked up and threw at him in impatience before reclaiming his hand.

“Okay, Hae,” Hyukjae sighed, “you got me out of the house, so where do you want to go first?” He asked, looking at his best friend who had his idiotic smile tattooed to his face again. You would never believe he was 15 as you looked at his innocently sparkling eyes and that big fish-like, but cute, smile.

Donghae just looked at Hyukjae, still smiling and pulling him to the bus stop that's only a few minutes from his house. Only after reaching the bus stop did Donghae finally let his friend's hand go.

“We should go to the big Trick-or-Treatween store in the middle of town.” Donghae said, dreamily thinking of all of the costumes they had there. Though he couldn't think past all the scary decorations hanging about in and outside of the store that he always tried to avoid.

He turned his attention back to Hyukjae, “So did you already think about what you wanna be this year, Hyukkie?” He asked, but Hyukjae didn't have the chance to answer because Donghae interrupted him anyway. “I know, I know! We could be friendly vampires! Oh, wait, no. We could be pirates. Oh, no hold on. Wait! We could go like a couple—like Mickey and Minnie Mouse!” Donghae exclaimed, shaking his head up and down in agreement with himself. He clapped his hands and jumped like child that was just told he was going to Disneyland.

“No, Donghae. No!” Hyukjae all but shouted, but was interrupted yet again as the bus arrived and Donghae snatched his hand and pulled him onto the bus behind him.

Hyukjae just clicked his tongue and sighed. This is going to be one hell of a day, he thought to himself.

 

One hell of a day, indeed... Hyukjae thought blandly as he straightened the large, black mouse ears on his head while inside the curtain-covered dressing room of Donghae's beloved Halloween Trick-or-Treatween store.

Frankly, Hyukjae was disappointed in himself. Checking out his reflection in the full-length mirror, Hyukjae couldn't figure out how Donghae managed to get him into such a costume.

5 minutes ago

“So you're gonna just leave me on Trick-or-Treatween all alone? In the dark? With strangers around??”

“I can still go with you, Hae, even without a costume—”

“And be my chaperone? I'm not a kid, Hyukkie. If you don't get a costume then you won't look like my friend! I thought you were my best friend, Hyukkie! Don't you care about me at all!?”

Currently

Best friend or not, guilt-tripping him into a Mickey Mouse costume was just cruel and unfair to Hyukjae. He sighed and fixed the orange-spotted black bow tie around his neck, and after one extra glance into the small stall's mirror, Hyukjae shrugged and reluctantly pulled back his private curtain.

It was really a shame what he would do for his best friend. But when the curtain opened completely to reveal said best friend dressed in full costume as Mickey Mouse's beloved Minnie, complete with orange pumps, orange-spotted black flare dress, and large black Minnie ears (orange hair bow included), Hyukjae immediately shook his head with a stern, “NO,” and snatched the curtain shut once more.

Just then, he realized that there were definitely limits to the tasks he'd complete for the other teenager. Being a famous mouse couple with gigantic ears and grown woman heels was one of them.

In the end, the two exited the store as Naruto and Sasuke from the Naruto Shippuden era, settling on being the more normal type of best friends... This was decided by Hyukae.

“What was wrong with Minnie and Mickey?” Donghae complained, “I thought those costumes were really cool!”

Hyukjae shook his head, “You have a really odd definition of cool, Hae.”

Donghae just pouted while walking out of the store, remembering how handsome he looked dressed as Minnie Mouse and how Hyukjae look handsome even while he was frowning as Mickey Mouse.

But he soon lost that pout as he look at his best friend. Hyukjae was smiling at him with his gummy smile. Ever since they were young, Hyukjae could aslways cheer Donghae up with that exact smile.

“Hyukkie, why are you smiling like that?” Donghae asked, giving him the same smile just without the gums.

Hyukjae beamed, “My favorite shop is open and I can taste the strawberry milk from here. Come on, I'm hungry.” Hyukjae grabed Donghae's hand and pulled him toward the shop across the street, looking both ways for oncoming traffic before crossing. Donghae didn't mind this since he'd already gotten his costume and he was kind of hungry himself, since he'd only eaten a candy apple.

Just then, though, Hyukjae heard a loud scream from behind him, and he stopped in his tracks to look back at Donghae in alarm. Hyukjae saw, as Donghae continued to scream as if he'd seen a ghost, their two friends Kyuhyun and Sungmin laughing their asses off at Donghae who had his head down and the hand that Hyukjae wasn't holding covering his rapidly beating heart.

“Yah, you two imbeciles, what the hell did you do?” he demanded.

After wiping the tears from his eyes and slowing down his laughter into just a few chuckles here and there, Kyuhyun was able to answer. “W-We... Pfft! We jumped in front of you and Donghae wearing these, but you weren't even able to see us! You were only staring at that shop, and I bet you're going to get something strawberry, aren't you? you strawberry addicted freak.”

Kyuhyun held up the zombie mask he'd mentioned. It had blood covering its mouth and more blood coming from the eyes and forehead where it looked as if a bite was taken.

Hyukjae wasn't amused, “You two s you know how scared of zombies Hae is. Don't do it again, okay.” He then turned to Donghae, “Hae are you alright?”

Donghae looked very pale and still had his hand clutching his chest, but he was looking at Hyukjae with a more normal expression, though he held his hand tighter. “Ne-Neh, I'm okay Hyukkie. I just wasn't expecting that. That's all.” Slowly, he was regaining the color back to his face.

“Sorry, Hae. Kyu said this would be funny, so I just went along with him. You're not mad, are you?” Sungmin asked, putting an adorable pout on his lips in hopes of making his friends happy because he didn't want to see an angry anchovy.

When it comes to his Nemo friend's happiness and saftey, Mr. Anchovy will murder you without regret.

“Really Minnie, I'm fine. Come with us to get something to eat. Then we can go trick-or-treating together.” Donghae replied with a smile while Kyuhyun and Sungmin looked at Hyukjae with a you've-got-to-be-kidding-me look on their faces.

But they immediately backed down upon receiving a you-two-better-come-you-asses look in return. They both said high-pitched, “Okay's,” in unison.

“Yayyy!” Donghae exclaimed, jumping up and down like a kid, “this is going to be the best Trick-or-Treatween ever!” His three friends were frowning and shaking their heads, on the other hand.

After eating it was time to go home to get ready for the night. The four teenagers went their separate ways, promising to meet up again at the park at 7:45pm. Though Donghae said he wasn't going home. He wanted to get ready at Hyukjae's.

 

It was 7:20pm and it was nearing the perfect amount of 'dark' to go trick-or-treating. Donghae was bouncing on the balls of his feet by then, completely anxious and impatient.

“Ugh, come on, Hyukkie! All the candy will be gone by time you're ready!” Donghae groaned. The candy was all Donghae cared about. Trick-or-Treatween was definitely nothing without the treats.

Impatiently, Donghae banged on Hyukjae's bedroom door which he was unable to open. Mean Hyukjae locked him out this time.

“Yah!” Donghae yelled, “Are you listening to me in there?” For several seconds, Donghae got no reply. He frowned, “Yah, Hyukkie—”

Suddenly the door swung away from his knuckles angrily and Hyukjae's full body appeared in the doorway. He scrunched up his face at Donghae.

“Why are you yelling, dammit? The door's not made of steel. I can hear you!” Hyukjae likewise bellowed into Donghae's face, whose jaw dropped open and his eyes went wide as he openly stared at Hyukjae from where he stood.

Hyukaje fidgeted, watching Dongahe's eyes travel from his forehead down to his toes. “Wh-What?” he asked.

Donghae suddenly beamed, “Hyukkie, you look so cool! Oh, gosh!” The rate at which Donghae's mood swings worked could easily give one whiplash, Hyukjae determined as he watched Donghae begin hopping around.

“I'm so glad you're my best friend. I have the coolest best friend ever!” Donghae continued yelling, “Thanks, Sasuke!”

That stunned Hyukjae into near silence. He blinked eight times. “I'm Hyukjae, Hae, not—”

“I know, but I'm calling you Sasuke for the rest of the day, okay?” Donghae nodded rapidly while Hyukjae shook his head slowly.

“No, Naruto, please don't.”

Donghae smiled then so widely his eyes lost themselves behind their lids. Hyukjae laughed out loud at his best friend's expression, his own eyes disappearing as well.

Twenty minutes later, it was 7:43pm at their local park and Donghae was screaming bloody murder. Yet again, two very familiar bodies in different, but matching masks were on their knees, laughing their asses off at the terrified boy in the Naruto costume, not at all realizing that they had made him cry this time.

Hyukjae on the other hand had had enough. “I thought I told you s not to scare Hae again!”

“Aw, come on Hyuk, lighten up.” Kyuhyun chuckled without looking up, “We're only werewolves this time. We even changed our masks so he wouldn't get so scared!”

“But he's crying, stupid.” Hyukjae growled while both Kyuhyun's and Sungmin's heads popped up quickly. “He's afraid of werewolves, scary vampires, ghouls, ghosts and goblins, warlocks, the Grim Reaper, Frankenstein, jack-o-lanterns, bats, spiders, Chucky and all other horror movies, evil witches, mummies, No Face, demon—”

“Okay! Okay, we get it...” Sungmin mumbled before turning to Donghae who was wiping his tears while Hyukjae rubbed his back. “We're sorry.”

Donghae smiled a little, “It's okay, guys. Can we go now?” The other three boys nodded and Kyuhyun and Sungmin go to their feet.

“He really is afraid of way too many things, though...” Kyuhyun muttered, and all Hyukjae could do was agree.

He already knew that to Donghae, Halloween was only about the candy. Bravery had nothing to do with it.

 

The night passed quickly. The group of four went to several houses and demanded candy as kindly as they could.

At each house, Donghae screamed a parting “Happy Trick-or-Treatween!” and left the owners of each residence completely befuddled and confused. It left Hyukjae both smiling and shaking his head each time. His best friend was unique, and that's what he told some houses—that “Donghae had rolled all the way down a flight of stairs when they were five years old and I had been the one to catch him at the bottom... Please, excuse him.”

Each time, Hyukjae inwardly cackled as the homeowners gave him a sympathetic look and dropped an extra two pieces of candy into both his and Donghae's bags.

People are just so gullible, sometimes.

Finally, the four boys were at Hyukjae's house by 10:15pm, something that Hyukjae questioned bitterly but decided to ignore. Together, they emptied their bags and spread out their candy. From here, they began to check for safe ones and throw away pieces that looked tampered with in some way before trading candy for ones they liked more, like they always did.

Quietly, Donghae took each and every one of the PayDay chocolate bars in his stack and moved them to the side. Once completely done, he presented them all with a smiling face to the best friend at his side.

“Because I know they're your favorite, Hyukkie! Thanks for coming trick-or-treating with me.”

Hyukjae accepted, though he mumbled, “Like I had any choice.” Donghae laughed and leaned over to hug his best friend tightly.

“Happy Trick-or-Treatween, Hyukkie!” And Hyukjae became completely frozen in place by the quick kiss to his lips that followed immediately afterward.

Across from them, Sungmin and Kyuhyun gasped loudly and Donghae pulled away, face as puzzled as theirs. “What? Don't all best friend do this?... Don't you guys?”

The two shook their heads and Hyukjae chimed in as they replied, “Definitely not.”

But secretly, who was Hyukjae to complain? Trick-or-Treatween wasn't so bad this year after all.

 


 

Well there you go, I hope you all enjoyed. =D

Please leave a comment, up-vote and subcribe. Thank you *Hugs & Kisses