Friendship

Friendship

 

The clock was ticking a such precise intervals, stating after interpretation twenty-five past twelve at noon. "God! Five minutes to go.." Kai muttered beneath the creaking noise of writing hands. His class was having a mathematic test in one of the classrooms facilitated by South Korea University. 

 

As soon as the half past twelve bell ringing, all of his classmates rushed out of the room. Some of them had satisfying facial expressions, others displayed the feeling of frustration. On the other hand, Kai ables to maintain his composure, eventhough he did not perform well in the test.

 

Heading his way to his abode, somehow Kai felt uneasy. He felt like someone was watching him. He turned left and right but the only living creature he saw was merely a dog. He denied his instinct. Out of the blue, a mascular hand grabbed and clutched his neck. Soon afterwards, three men appeared from his sides, stopped and faced directly infront of him. One of the guys with scar on his face, spilled out threatening words. 

 

"What am i supposed to do?" Kai was in absolute desperation for help.

 

Suddenly a boy appeared out of nowhere. He was so brave that he shouted at the gangsters. They were irritated, filled with anger. They dumped Kai and sprinted toward the boy. However, his mastery in taekwondo helped him easily defeated the quadro. After that he assisted Kai to his way back home. During the journey, both of them introduced themselves. With the introduction, Kai knew him by the name, Tao.

 

The following day, Kai went to the university with a new partner, the boy who had given him a hand during the previous day. They even spent the recess together. At this time, Kai took the opportunity to dig up the truth behind Tao's martial art talent. He found it not suprising, though. From that point of time and onwards, the friendship bond became closer.

 

One day, while Kai and Tao were on their way home, they heard a voice shouting for help. They quickly went and searched for the voice. Luckily, Kai found the voice first. He saw a girl was crying and he approached her. 

 

"What's wrong?" He asked anxiously.

 

"My knee was hurt, i was riding a bicycle but then i was losing control and fell down the hill." The girl answered and pointed on her bleeding knee.

 

Kai felt sorry when he saw the girl was trying so hard to endure the pain, he slowly walked near to her, "Let me help you.." He lifted her.

 

Tao saw the scene and suddenly moved towards Kai to help him and the girl. They rushed to the nearest clinic that only took around 10 minutes from there and arrived at the right time. Luckily, they were able to save the girl. After a few minutes, the girl's parents reached the clinic. They shook hand with Kai and Tao and thank them for helping their one and only daughter.

 

"Thank you for helping me.." Said the girl, before she went home.

 

"Err..no biggie! By the way.. What is your name? " Kai scratched his head, embarrased himself.

 

"I'm Victoria, here is my number.. Maybe we should meet again another time, Don't forget to bring your friend too.. I have to go now.. See ya!" She smiled.

 

Kai kept looking at Victoria until she was invisible from his sight. He felt something in his heart. Yes, he fell in love with that girl, he thought.

 

"Hey, should we go now?" Tao tapped his shoulder, made him awake from his riverie.

 

"Yeaa.. Sure.. Let's go" Kai quickly hid the small paper inside his pocket and they went home.

 

After a few weeks of meeting Victoria alone, Kai's life turned for a romantic change as he had developed a relationship with her. They always hangout together and they even had rings, to commemmorate their relationship. Victoria definitely, was a cute-looking but charismatic girl who changed Kai into a new different person. 

 

However, things did not always go as planned. While Kai was busy with his girlfriend, Tao was drifting away. They no longer had walks together. To make matter worse, Kai always gave excuses whenever Tao offered spending time together. Consequently, Tao decided to discontinue their friendship.

 

Sunshine every inch of the people's skin at its greatest intensity. Kai had his usual path back home after finishing his school. Suddenly he felt the same uneasiness as he experienced before. For the second time, the gangster engulfed and did the same action. However, there was no one to help him. No more Tao, he thought. So there he was, lying on the concrete path, breathing to his last.