...ωє αяє ƒℓуιηg αωαу.

ℓιкє ƒιяєƒℓιєѕ...

The dark clouds passed away after a heavy rain. You spread down your arms, looking up in the night sky. How much you missed the old days when you were enjoying the sent of wet earth with all your beloved ones and even with those who you hated. Everyone of them were special in their own way. But there was that special person, who meant a lot to you. "Park Jimin..." you mumbled his name softly, gazing in the stars twinkling. He was not the typical guy, who everyone would think at first.

He was so different.


The first time you met him was, when you moved to Busan. It was hard for you to get used to the dialect and even worse, it was harder for you to find new friends. The highschool was new for you. What you expected was a group of kingkas and queenkas, but you soon realized that Busan was different than Seoul. They didn't lived in the typical drama life. No they were realistic. You spend 3 month alone at the high school and at home. You had no one expect your little brother. You parents were working for almost 12 hours. It is normal for office worker. So you had to take care of your brother, who has such a better time than you.


However, after 3 month of being alone, something odd happened. You were at the library, searching for a history book. You loved old korean history a lot. As you were about to grab the book, someone from the other side took it away. How could this be? you thought and looked through the hole who it is. Suddenly you blushed at the looks of the person behind the bookshelf. He was wearing glasses, with light chubby cheeks and plump lips. You cleared your throat to say something and he realized it and also looked through the hole. "Can I help you? Want a cough drop?" he asked as he fished a little packages with cough drops from his pocket. He gave you an eyesmile while passing the packages through the hole. "Don't be shy, just take one. It helps a lot. Trust me." he kept smiling at you. What was he doing to you? You felt your heart beating rapidly. "N-no thank you. You took my  book away. I wanted to read it." you said and looked on the ground, playing with your fingers nervously. "Your book? You  bought it?" he said with a teasing smile, but chuckled softly "I wasn't expecting that someone would enjoy old korean histroy as much as I do... sorry. But here. You can have it but can you give it to me then you are done reading it?" he asked as he leaned closer to the shelf. You nodded and left without answering with words.

He is a tricker.
He is a blinker.
Watch him twinkle.
Watch him land.


After 3 moths of being alone, you found someone, who talked to you through the bookshelfs. You met every Wednesday at the same spot. "Ah I totally forgot to introduce myself. I'm Park Jimin and you are?" he asked for your name, and you also introduced yourself to him. "Wow... that's are beautiful name...firefly." You tilted your head to the side. You didn't understand your nickname. But he didn't tell you at first. "How about meeting at the café near the playground? It's called solstice. I really want to see you and talk to your face and noth through a bookshelf." he said one day. On that day, you met him at the café and you enjoyed the time with him. His sweet words, his lovely gestures.

You smiled as you remembered a day few month after your first meeting in the café, which became your favorite one. 

"Look firefly. I can't take your attitude. You are amazing. Maybe the most amazing girl that I've ever met... not maybe you are the most amazing girl I've ever met. So be more confident. Everything you do is fantastic because you are doing it and not someone else. You have your own charm and I think that guy you are falling for will totally freak out to have a girlfriend like you." he tried to cheer you up, but he didn't know that you fell for him. The boy you were talking about to him was himself but he was too dumb to realize it.

"Chimchim. Stop trying to cheer me up. I know that he is not feeling the same." you smiled at him. You thought he'd never realized it but still he was always there for you. Maybe he's never become your lover but now, you know that he loved you too. 


He's a flicker.
He's a winker.
He will sit up your hand.


You sighed softly at the time when Jimin started to drink alcohol for no reason. He had reasons but he'd never told you about it. Maybe he did but you'd never realized it. He drank every saturday as he went to the popular kid' parties, which were far away from your status. You were a loser. A noob, a nobody. But still you were the only one taking Jimin back home whenever he called you to ask if you could drive him home.  One day he did something crazy and after that, you'd never driven him home again.

You were on your way to drive him home and he was talking the whole time. You were only humming to answer him. Of course you didn't know that you did a huge mistake because Jimin started to get angry. "Why are you like this? Did I do something wrong that you are ignoring me? YAH! FIREFLY! YAAH!" he yelled and disturbed you while driving. He suddenly grabbed the steering wheel and turned it around, so that you drove to the other side of the street, as you saw the lights of the truck in front of you, you closed your eyes. You were going to die, but you didn't. Jimin drove in a pit. He bursted out a laughter "And again Park Jimin saved our lives. Yeaaah!" 

On the following day he came to your house to apologize. He had a carton in his hands as he walked inside your room. "Hi there firefly. I'm sorry for yesterday... I don't know what got into me... but I brought you something!" he smiled at you. You eyed him. He changed his hairstyle and his eye circles got darker. You opened the box to see all his snapbacks. "Tadaah! I know that you love them. I don't really use them, since I'm just too perfect to use them and I couldn't show off my new hairstyle. Do you like it?" he asked while grinning brightly. 

You couldn't be mad at him, even though he almost killed you. " Yes your hairstyle suits you, but I can't take your present Chimchim. That's too much and I know that you love your snapbacks." you said but suddenly you felt Jimin trembling. "Why can't you just accept a present without complaining!?" he yelled at you while kicking the carton and left your house. You were standing there... in the middle of your room. Dumbfounded and shocked.


On and off
he speaks in code.
We cannot
understand.


The following day has been the worst day of your life. A Wednesday. It started totally normal. You woke up. Prepared breakfast and went to school. You searched for Jimin the whole time. You waited in front of the bookshelf but still he wasn't there. Maybe he was sick? Or he was still mad because of yesterday, you thought. After school you decided to go to your regular café but he wasn't even there. A light sigh left your lips as you walked towards the Park's house. You stopped few meter away from the house, seeing the ambulance and the police staying in front of the house. A bad feeling over-helmed you and you run towards the door, seeing the men taking someone inside the ambulance car. You realized who it was after you saw his crying parents. Mrs. Park was in Mr. Park's arms. "...Jimin..." you whispered his name, feeling  tears building up in your eyes. That couldn't be possible, but you ran back home, seeing a letter on your postbox. You looked on it and saw his hand-writing. You didn't care if you were still crying or not but you locked yourself in your room, reading the letter of Jimin .


"Hey Firefly. 


There are a lot of things I have to tell you. Maybe I should have told you earlier but... I couldn't. I'm sorry that I'm such a weakling... However I will try to make you smile for the last time. I promise ya. Right now, you are at school, I saw you running. Silly girl, how about setting your alarm? However. Never waste your time searching for someone, who is always picking you up from home. If he doesn't, he won't be at school. And not in the library either. Don't even think of the café. Remember, He wasn't even at school. How I know that you did this all? I know you. That's all.


The reason why I didn't come to school is because I can't take this anymore. I know it's egoistic... I know that I'm hurting you but I don't want to be a burden anymore. My parents are getting divorced. My grades are getting worse. The school president started bullying me after the last party I attend. I confess that I slept with his girlfriend, but I didn't do it because I liked her... no I was angry at him.

Your lips... I know that it may sounds stupid but... I know where these bruises come from. I'm a bad friend for not helping you out of being the main victim of school. I tried to seduced his girlfriend, so she breaks up with him and he knows how it is to be hurt ... but he caught us. And I got bullied too. I already told you that I am a weakling. I couldn't take care of myself or defend myself and even worse... I couldn't defend and take care of the girl I love.

I know that you love me... and so do I. But you are just too amazing to be my girlfriend. You are something special. Even I'm not worth to touch you, how could an like him do? I'm sorry. I really love you ... and I will always love you. Maybe we can't be together now because I'm not here any longer but we will meet again. Think of this. 

Aish ... that gets into the emo vibe right? However! There is a secret that I always wanted to tell you. Your nickname. Firefly.  It has no link with your connection but with yourself.  You are small, beautiful and brightful. You brighten up my day whenever I fell lost in the darkness of my heart, the blank mind, the lonliness.  For the most, you may be just an insect but for me you are like a tiny star, so fragile but wonderful. 

I always wanted to be like you. A little tiny star, who brightens your day whenever you are feeling bad. So you could lean on me and tell me everything but I couldn't. Again I'm sorry.  

In my life, my stars shone bright and gave me the sign to follow the right path... and this is the right path for me. I want to be like a firefly for you. A tiny star, who leads you to the right path. So never give up and always keep the faith.
Chimchim loves you Firefly. Let's meet one day as tiny stars. I'll wait for you but for now. Be happy.  See ya ;) I keep my eyes on you babe!!
PS: Don't forget your alarm!"


He is a nightlight 
for the Earth.
One firefly - 
small and grand.


You'd been thinking a lot about it...Your eyes were locked with a tiny star, sparkling brightly, causing you to smile softly. "Jimin ...I love you, too." you whispered, breathing the scent of the earth once again in and out. Suddenly you say the small fragile lights  flying around, you were surprised. Did they come for you? Will they show you the right path? you asked yourself and followed the small little lights. You heard the waves crashing against the cliff and after every step, the fireflies became more and more, until the end of the cliff.

Was it a sign? Was Jimin calling for you? You walked towards the edge, looking up to the sky. "Are you calling me because you know how I am feeling, living and dying from the inside? Do you see all the cruelty happening to me because of your death? Everyone is blaming me for your death.  The whole school is against me. Even my  neighbourhood is gossiping.Are you leading me to the right path Chimchim? Whenever I need you, or want to talk to you, I go to the library or to your café, but no one is behind the bookshelf nor sitting at your regular table. I'm so alone... You were the only reason for me to live Jimin. 

Why did you leave me but now calling me? Why couldn't we go together? I'm so damn angry at you but still after all this, I can't hate you! I wished we had died when I'd driven you home. Now... I want to become a real firefly. A tiny star like you. I want to be with you, living and spending my time with you." you said and step until the half of your feed were off the cliff. You closed your eyes and spread your arms out. 

"I wished that in my life, My stars shine bright to give me the sign to follow the right path. And they glimmer, they shimmer like you...a firefly.  I will be happy now Jimin. See ya." you whispered and leaned  your whole body towards the sea.

You were following the right path. You were flying to Jimin, like a firefly.