Chapter 10: Getting There

Clueless, yet Adorable
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Previously in Chapter 9 of Clueless, yet Adorable:

Yoona's POV

Ringggg

An incoming call is shown on the phone screen. The contact name states ‘Destiny’. I remember she bravely took my phone from my hand and shamelessly saved her phone number with that contact name. I smiled at it before swiping the green button. It’s a call from my new friend, Choi Sooyoung.

 

 

Chapter 10: Getting There

Sooyoung was sitting on the sofa in the family hall with a wide grin pasted on her face. Ever since she got back from the university, she couldn’t stop herself from smiling. Currently, she was trying to call her new friend.

After few rings, the call was answered.

A cute voice greeted the tall girl from the other line which made her smiling widely. “Hello?”

[Hi! Your Destiny’s calling! Remember me?] Sooyoung teased the latter.

[Umm…Sorry, who is this?] Said Yoona, followed by a chuckle that sounded like a beautiful melody to Sooyoung’s ears.

[Yaaaah~ I did save my number at your phone earlier] Sooyoung spoke in a whiny tone which she bet if her other friends hear that voice, they would probably puking at that instant.

Yoona was laughing on the line. [Yes Miss Pretty Troublemaker, what can I help you?]

Upon hearing the title, Sooyoung chuckled. [I remember saving my number under Destiny and not Miss Pretty Troublemaker].

[I just like the title. Never thought I’m on the phone with a famous person in the university!] teased the doe-eyed girl again.

Sooyoung was lying on the sofa with her feet in the air, moving in circular motion. She felt all giddy again.

[You should be proud, young lady] replied the tall girl cockily. The other girl laughed at her new friend’s remark.

[Yeah, whatever you say, Ms. Choi Sooyoung. Anyway, why do you call? Aren’t you tired from taking pictures for the event today?] Yoona asked, feeling concerned with the latter.

[Nothing really. I just want to hear your voice] answered the tall girl honestly.

On the other line, Yoona was smiling upon listening to Sooyoung’s reason.

[Is that so? Um. Do you usually call anyone that you just knew in less than 24 hours just to hear their voice?] Yoona asked jokingly.

She wouldn’t say she didn’t like it when Sooyoung said she wanted to hear her voice. Her reason is too cute to be true, Yoona thought.

[Aniya. Only you.] Sooyoung replied confidently. She couldn’t understand where she got the guts to say that, but she seems to let loose her barriers when it comes to Yoona.

The phone call was ongoing for another hour. At some point, Sooyoung would just listen to Yoona’s story, mostly about her background and how she got into the university. Then, at another point, both of them would say nothing but smile knowingly that they were still on the phone until someone knocked Yoona’s bedroom door.

[Hold on, Soo.]

“Come in!”

Mary was walking to where her Young Miss was. “It’s time for dinner, Miss Im.”

“Okay, I’ll be down in a minute. Thanks Mary.” She smiled before the maid left her bedroom. Yoona then placed her phone back to her left ear again.

[I need to go now, Soo. My parents are waiting for me to have dinner.hehehe]

Sooyoung smiled in satisfaction. Yoona was finally calling her by her nickname, which they both agreed to drop honorific. [Alright, Miss Im. Hehehe]

Yoona chuckled as Sooyoung was imitating the way her maid called her in the house. [Yaaah~ don’t call me that, arasso?]

[Ahahaha okay, I won’t. So I’ll see you tomorrow?] Sooyoung was actually nervous when she said it. She was wondering whether the girl would still want to see her again.

[Of course. See you~]

 

Sooyoung’s POV

After we ended the call, I could feel my heart is beating wildly. Is this really just a crush or am I already falling? I did say to Yul that this whole thing is just a crush. My feeling for Yoona is temporary right? Am I wrong about my own feelings now?

Ahhhhhhh I’m squealing right now! I unlocked my phone and there, a photo of a beautiful girl named Im Yoona as my wallpaper. I stared at her photo and it got me thinking…how would Yoona react when she find out about this photo? Would she still want to be friends with me?

Sighed. What have I got myself into?

Ringggg Ringggg

It’s a call from Yuri. I pressed the home button to answer.

[Ssup Yul!]

[YAH! I’VE TRIED TO CALL YOU SINCE A CENTURY AGO!]

Apparently my best friend was shouting on the phone that I had to put the phone away from my ears. Uh, I could become deaf like this. I rolled my eyes at her exaggeration.

[Hey chill will ya? I was on an important call earlier.]

Indeed it is an important call to me. I guess starting from today onwards; Yoona is in my V.I.P list. I laughed at my own thought.

[Important call my *ss. You don’t usually have anyone calling you. Who were you talking to huh?]

I chuckled at her for being so nosy. [Well, I’ll give you a hint. Deer]

She gasped dramatically and I could only roll my eyes. [OMO! IM YOONA?! DID YOU JUST FREAKING ON THE PHONE WITH IMFAMOUS IM YOONA???!]

Oh my goodness. Why does she have to sound so surprise? [To answer your questions, YES and YES.] I rubbed my left ear after hearing Yuri’s loud voice on the other line.

[That is unbelievable! Yah! You’re advancing faster than I thought…] I’m pretty sure she’s amazed at me now.

[I can’t help it. Anyway, you’re calling me because……] I was staring at my fingernails.

She replied, [I called to tell you about your weird behavior today, Soo! Seriously, you just knew her today, well needless to say about the stalking issue, but yeah…I’m just shocked when you talk A LOT, like a lot LOT to someone you just knew.]

I giggled at her statement. I guess she was right about that. Among the four of the Soshi members, I am the quiet ones. Even Seohyun socialize more than I do. Of course I’m known to be a troublemaker, but my cold personality makes the others don’t dare to come close. The other students may greet me or just do a slight bow to me when I pass by them.

[Now that you mentioned it Yul…I’m actually amazed with my weird attitude today.]

Yuri was laughing on the other line. [I know right! The only time you’re being yourself is when us, the Soshi, gathers together. But earlier, I expected you to be cold and quiet to the new girl. Well well buddy, you’re such a dork Soo.]

I smiled at my best friend’s saying. [I don’t know Yul. She seems to know how to make me feel comfortable…Whenever I see her or hear her voice, I feel like I’m being compelled under her spell. Ahha! It sounds ridiculous, but yeah…]

[Aigoo. Where has the word crush gone to? Hahahaha. But on a serious note, don’t hurt yourself okay.]

I wished I could hug my best friend right at this moment. We may bicker or argue on most matters, but in the end, we know how much we care for each other.

 

Author’s POV

The following days and weeks, Yoona has already gotten used to the study environment in the university. As requested, none of the lecturers and staff revealed her true identity and she was glad that they cooperated with her.

She also mingles well with the students. A week after she spent time with the 4 girls at the pink table every lunch time, she was officiall

Please log in to read the full chapter