Prologue

Warning: aftermaths

 

Society forbids; A name to protect; tarnishing the group's name, jeopardizing a decade of hard-work, sweat, blood and tears is something that Kyuhyun doesn't have the heart to do. 

Now he was forced to put fate on his hand and prayed to have the courage to stand up for what he had decided. 

That decision however, had brought him in this situation; standing in the middle of the room which he's currently sharing with this man in front of him, who's heart Kyuhyun is currently breaking.

 


"You promised me a forever, Kyuhyun-ah." Sungmin breathed.

The atmosphere's suffocating him. He couldn't believe that after years of being together, Kyuhyun had decided to end things between them. 

Sungmin tried his best not to breakdown but its getting harder and harder to bear.

"Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever... hyung." Kyuhyun said nonchalantly but emphasized the last word.

Sungmin can hear how his heart is slowly cracking at the younger's words but still refused to believe it. This isn't Kyuhyun.. His Kyuhyun wouldn't say such things. 

".... And this is for the best." The younger continued, keeping an eye contact with Sungmin.

With that said, Sungmin fumed. "The best for what?!" He exclaimed. Hurt and anger had now taken over his system. 

He doesn't understand everything. He doesn't understand why Kyuhyun had to say such things. He doesn't understand why this is happening in the first place. They were fine. Or at least that's what he thought... 

"Min-"

"No! I wont let you do this!" Tears started to stream down his cheeks as he held Kyuhyun's arm.

Pain was evident in his voice as he tried to speak again, "Kyuhyun... Please. Don't do this. I'm begging you..." He tightend his grip on Kyuhyun and looked at the younger with pleading eyes and silently wishing for him to take everything back.

 

However, Kyuhyun avoided Sungmin's gaze, one look and he knows he will back out. He cant do that, not now that he finally had the courage to-

.. to what exactly? He wasn't sure either. 

 

If only they were on a normal relationship then he wouldn't be doing this in the first place. 

He wouldn't have to hurt Sungmin like this. 

 

"Min..." Kyuhyun spoke as he swallowed a huge lump that was growing in his throat.

 

"... let go." It was more of a whisper but it was loud enough for Sungmin to hear and was powerful enough to crush the elder's heart. 

 

 

Kyuhyun then slowly unlatched himself from Sungmin's grip; turned his back and walked away.

 

Sungmin's hand fell lifelessly on his side. His tears were now uncontrollably flowing. As Kyuhyun stepped out of the room and closed the door, he knew that the younger has now closed his heart and stepped out from Sungmin's life as well.

Seconds after the door was shut, Sungmin fell on his knees and burst into tears. Not knowing that Kyuhyun was just behind the door with his back pressed on it. 

 

Kyuhyun can hear everything.

 

Every sob that escaped Sungmin's mouth was a dagger that stabbed his heart. Every weep squeezed his soul and crushed his whole-being. 

With trembling hands, Kyuhyun fisted his chest through his sweater. He knew this would happen but it killed every part of him. 

He shut his eyes hard, and let the tears finally fall down. Kyuhyun covered his mouth with the back of his hand as he cried his heart out. 

 

With little energy left, he pushed himself from the door and hesitantly took a step.. He's about to walk away from someone who's supposed to be his world; his everything.

But even if it's killing him, he had to continue...

He had to do this for the group...

and for Sungmin...

 

'This is for the best...' Kyuhyun reminded himself. 

 

 

Sungmin cried himself to sleep that night and wished everything to be just a dream... 

A nightmare... 

 

 


But it wasn't... 

 

 

..... He woke up the next day and everything still hurt.