Lean On Me

Lean On Me

“Teukkie-hyung?”

Leeteuk looks up to see Heechul hovering in the doorway of his bedroom, the strangest look on his face. He marks the page in his book before setting it down beside him on the bed.

“What’s wrong, Chullie?” He beckons Heechul into the room and Heechul shuffles through the doorway, closing the door behind him with a soft click.

Heechul continues his shuffle across the room to Leeteuk’s side, staring down at him on the bed, his eyes unreadable. Leeteuk raises his eyebrows a little, moving over and patting the bed beside him.

“Sit,” he commands gently and a second of hesitation later, Heechul clambers up onto the bed beside Leeteuk, pausing for a second before he snuggles in close to Leeteuk’s side. Leeteuk fights down the surprise he feels and lifts his arm, allowing Heechul to burrow into him.

He settles his arm across Heechul’s shoulders and slowly rubs circles into Heechul’s upper arm.

“What’s wrong?” Leeteuk tries again, but Heechul just shakes his head into Leeteuk’s chest, his arms sneaking around Leeteuk’s torso and holding on tight.

Leeteuk frowns, but doesn’t press the issue. If Heechul wants to talk about it he will. He’s Heechul. He does things his own way. No use getting all worked up about it.

Instead, Leeteuk settles back against his headrest, picks up his book with his free hand, and continues to cuddle Heechul.

“If you want to talk, let me know,” Leeteuk murmurs into Heechul’s hair, dropping a kiss on the crown of his head. He turns his attention back to his book while Heechul nods into his shirt.

Leeteuk pretends that he doesn’t feel the tears soaking through the thin material of his pyjama shirt.

Heechul will be fine. He always is. But until he is, Leeteuk’s going to enjoy this uncharacteristically clingy and needy Heechul, and give him a bit of TLC. He pulls Heechul closer to himself and starts to read out loud, keeping his voice low-pitched and soothing. He reads until Heechul is all cried out and nodding off sleepily against Leeteuk’s chest.

Leeteuk smiles fondly at him. Heechul yawns, snuffling a little closer.

“Go to sleep, Chullie,” Leeteuk tells him, and Heechul mumbles his ascent, sliding further down Leeteuk’s body to pillow his head in Leeteuk’s lap.

“Nite, Teukkie,” Heechul mumbles into Leeteuk’s thigh. Leeteuk his hair fondly.

“Nite, Chullie.”