Practice Makes Perfect

Practice Makes Perfect

Her feet were killing her and she was ready to just give up already. Everyone had left already except for Yoona, who was kind of enough to stay back and help her practice some more, and Hyunseung, one of the back up dancers, stayed behind to supervise.

“Can’t we stop now?” Sunny whined.

“No. We’re not leaving until you get this choreography down.” The younger girl retorted. She would stay there all night if she had to.

“It’s no use. I’ll never get it right. You might as well just take me out of the performance.” The two girls were practicing for their special stage they would perform in the group’s upcoming concert, but Sunny just couldn’t keep up.

“That’s not an option. We’re doing this duet.” Yoona said. The two had been looking forward to it and she wasn’t going to let her give up.

“How about I help.” Hyunseung suggested. He had sat back and monitored the girls but no real progress was being made with the two practicing on their own. “We’ll slowly run through it.”

Sunny and Hyunseung had grown close ever since the group had added backup dancers to their performances. The two would often spend time together with mutual friends, or sometimes just the two of them together.

“But-”Sunny’s objection was cut off by a gasp.

“I just remembered I have a photo shoot tomorrow. I can’t stay here all night, but I promised I would go over the dance with you.” Yoona felt terrible. She wanted nothing more but to stay and help out her member, but she knew well enough if she didn’t get enough sleep the photo shoot would be a disaster.

Sunny perked up. “Really? Well that’s too bad. Guess we’ll just have to take me out of the performance after all. It’s really no problem though. Might as well pack up and leave too.” The false disappointment was fooling no one. It also didn’t help that she couldn’t keep the grin off her face as she started packing up her stuff.

“Ah stop right there.”

“What? You heard her. There’s no way she can stay here all night and help me. She’s got a schedule tomorrow.”

“True. But I don’t have anything to do tomorrow, so I’ll just fill in for Yoona and help you instead.”

Dammit.

“No no. You don’t have to do that.” Desperation shined through her eyes as she gave him a tight smile.

“Actually, that’s perfect.” Yoona said. “Problem solved. Thanks Hyunseung. And work hard Sunny.” The girl all but skipped off with her things, leaving the two alone.

“Now I know you don’t think you can get this down but you just have to try some more.”

“But, it’s just too hard. I’ve never been a good dancer. I can’t even get this basic dance routine down.” The exhaustion was hitting her again. She wanted nothing more than to do this special stage with Yoona, but her uncooperative feet and brain were stopping her.

“That’s not true though. You did amazing with Bloom. We just have to put a little extra work into it. You want to do this right?”

“Yes.”

“Then get up, and let’s start.” He pulled her to the center of the room and walked over to the stereo.

A smile slowly crept onto Sunny’s face. She could do this. Hyunseung would help her. She was determined to learn this dance and perform with Yoona.

“Alright. Let’s see what you remember.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 hours. 3 torturous hours of non-stop practicing. Make it stop.

She hit the last move, for what seemed to be the 50th time tonight.

“Was that good?” Yeah she was tired, but more than anything she still wanted this performance to be perfect. If she still wasn’t getting it after all this practice then she was just going to give up.

“Sunny…”Hyunseung sighed.

“I knew it. That’s it I give up. And don’t you try an convince me to-“

“That was amazing!” Hyunseung cut in.

“Really?”

“Yes! I told you, you could do it! You know what this means right?”

“We can stop now?” All she had on her mind was food and sleep, not registering just what her accomplishment meant.

“Well, yes…but this also means you’re fully capable of doing the duet with Yoona.” Nothing but proudness and excitement shone through his voice.

“Right! And I owe it all to you. You didn’t have to stay and help me but you did.” Her cheeks started to blush and she hoped he would just assume it was from all the dancing.

“It’s no problem. Now how about we celebrate with something to eat, my treat.”

“Ooh, how about chicken!” Any fatigue she was feeling beforehand had all but disappeared at the mention of food.

“Sure, let’s-”

“Oh and ice cream, and maybe some ramen too. I could also go for some fast food.” She rambled.

“Hey, we’re not getting all of that.” Her large appetite was of no surprise.

“You said you would treat me. I worked so hard.” She whined.

There she goes.

“Fine, but next time you’re paying.” He sighed. He knew arguing would get them nowhere. Besides, her cuteness made it hard to say no.

“Yes!” she cheered. She grabbed all her things and ran off. Knowing her, she’d have the car already started and ready to go by the time he caught up with her.

This girl, I swear…