Chapter 1

Empty

“Here’s your coffee, master.” Sora sighed as she handed the cup containing coffee from the café next door.

“Thanks.” Hyukjae mumbled, not even looking up at his sister.

“This is the 3rd time you made me get your coffee, Hyukkie. I’m running late for some errands by doing this you know. You should really hire yourself a new assistant.”

“Yeah, yeah sure.” Hyukjae answered back, making Sora feel like he’s dismissing her. She sighed once again as she played with some of the objects placed on top of her little brother’s desk. A picture of their family, that little bobble head Hyukjae’s bestfriend got him when he started his first day on their family business, 3 years ago.

“Just let me find you one. My husband owns a recruiting company after all. You’ll have someone getting you coffee in no time.” Sora proclaimed. To be honest though, she didn’t mind grabbing Hyukjae’s daily dose of coffee every day. He has been putting his head deep down in his work for two weeks now, and the Lee’s haven’t seen him for almost a month.

And frankly, she just wanted Hyukjae to have someone to share his workplace with. Their company, specializing in game developing has three floors in which Hyukjae gets the top floor all by himself since he became the company’s CEO due to their father retiring a few years early.

“Yah, noona, thank you for the coffee again, but by any chance, can you go now? You’re kind of distracting you know. With your babbling and all. And I don’t need an assistant. I can manage on my own.” Hyukjae snapped rather snarkily. To be fair though, he was stressed. Really stressed. The company has lost one of their big investors and Hyukjae and his team has to find a way to get them back. By developing a game which is ‘Unique but has an amazing gameplay and something people is familiar with” Whatever that means.

“Hey! Don’t talk to me like that. What ‘I can manage on my own’? You can’t even keep your workplace neat and tidy, Hyuk. Trust me, I know what you need.”

“Sounds to me like you want me to hire a maid, noona.” Hyukjae muttered, going back to his work.

“Isn’t that what assistants do? Clean your workplace and get you your coffee?”

“I don’t think that’s all they do, and for the second time, I don’t need an assistant.”

“No, I am not going out of this room until you let me find you one.” Sora said as she planted herself on the chair in front of Hyukjae’s desk.

“Fine, sit there all you want. I’m not giving in. I don’t want a stranger going inside my office,  let alone on my office floor.”

“I’ll make noises. And you know how loud I can be, Lee Hyukjae.”

And to that, Hyukjae did not answer.

Minutes passed with Hyukjae’s older sister creating noises --- singing out loud songs from that KPOP band Hyukjae hates, talking out loud on the phone, etc… Hyukjae considered going out of his office and continue his work downstairs with the rest of his team but that would mean noises will be created. He didn’t like noise when working. Well, almost all the time, even when he wasn’t working.

He gave in when his sister belted out a high note, which didn’t come out sounding good.

“You know what? Fine, get me one. Just make sure it’s someone who knows what he’s doing.” Hyukjae snapped, in an annoyed voice.

“Yay! And I’ll make sure he’s handsome, then maybe he could be your assistant slash boyfriend. Aww!” Sora gushed as she went out of the room.

Hyukjae looked at his clock. Sora spent a total of 40 minutes in his office. Errands my .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do comment and subscribe! It's very much appreciated. Loves loves~!