Final.

Attending His Wedding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was exactly 8am when my phone alarm rang and right on cue, my best friend knocked on my hotel door to wake me up.

 

Little did she know that I had been awake all night. I grabbed my phone and dragged myself out of bed. "I'm coming!" I yelled, switching off my phone alarm before opening the door.

 

"Rise and shine, honey" Rena grinned and walked in while carrying the dress she was going to wear later but it soon faded when she saw my eyes.

 

"God, what happened to you?" She clicked her tongue but I didn't answer. She knew the answer why anyway.

 

I looked and her with pleading eyes, hoping she would change the subject and she did. I sighed in relief and closed the door. 

 

"Where's your dress?" She asked while plopping herself on my bed. "Still in my bag" I mumbled sleepily and went inside the toilet to shower.

 

My eyes slightly widened as I glanced at the mirror. My eyes were puffy and red. I was a crying mess last night, who knew this day would come? 

 

After showering, I opened the toilet door while wiping my hair with my towel only to find Rena gawking at the dress I was going to wear this afternoon.

 

"It's beautiful" She muttered, her eyes not leaving my dress. "He said the same thing" I forced a smile. She looked at me sadly and sighed.

 

Oh great, here we go. "If only you confessed, Jieun. This could have been your wedding with him..."

 

"He doesn't like me that way," I whispered, swallowing the lump in my throat.

 

Myungsoo only sees me as his best friend and if Miyoung, his fiance and soon to be wife, makes him happy then I'm happy. Even if it hurts.

 

"Sure" She laughed sarcastically. "Remember that one time when this guy asked you to dance at his party? Myungsoo punched the out of him just because his hands acidentally touched your " I winced, yeah I remember.  

 

"He's just being protective," I snapped, and sat on the chair nearby. "And it doesn't change anything even if he does. He's getting married today...in four hours to be exact"

 

Rena pursed her lips into a tight smile. "It's never too late" It is. But I didn't reply and she didn't continue either.

 

Myungsoo and I had been best friends since kindergarten. Since the day I stood up for him when he got bullied because he had curly hair which I would be lying if I didn't say it was funny.

 

He was shorter than me and skinnier. He thanked me repeatedly that day and we became closer, to the point where we were inseparable.

 

As years passed by, he grew taller and he became so good looking. He didn't have curly hair anymore and girls would literally throw themselves at him but he clearly made it obvious that I was the only girl he wanted to be friends with.

 

Which was the reason why 90% of the girls hated me during high school. Myungsoo and I did everything together, he was also my prom date.

 

I first realized I had feelings for him was when he asked me to dance. He had his arms around my waist and he held me so carefully, kissing my forehead sometimes.

 

It was normal for him to do that but that night, my heart was beating faster than usual. 

 

I wanted to confess to him the next day but Rena called and told me her boyfriend, Hoya, told her that Myungsoo slept with one of the popular girls in school.

 

Of course she thought it wouldn't affect me since I was just his best friend but it did. I cried like a kid that day.

 

Thats when I realized, he would never look at me differently. I was his best friend and that would never change.

 

"Jieun?" I blinked. "What?" Rena rolled her eyes, laughing. "I asked if you wanted me to curl your hair?" I bit my lips and stared at the mirror in front of me.

 

Rena and I were both in our dress, while Rena had lighter make up, she decided to put on a dark red lipstick and smoky eyeshadow for me. I looked different than usual but in a good way.

 

"Sure," I replied. 

 

"Ready to go downstairs and face him?" Rena asked, while fixing her dress. I nodded slowly. No, actually.

 

I would rather hide in the toilet forever than to look at him right now. "Let's go," She squeezed my shoulder.

 

When we arrived at the wedding hall, the rest of INFINITE except Myungsoo was there looking charming in their tuxedos. Rena greeted Hoya with a hug and I shyly waved to the rest.

 

"That dress looks good on you," Sunggyu patted my head and I pouted playfully. "It took Rena hours to do my hair" I joked and he laughed as a reply.

 

"Oh Jieun, Myungsoo's looking for you. He's in his room" Sungyeol said with a wink and pushed me towards the elevator.

 

Before I even got the chance to get mad at him, the door closes and I heard him yell, "I pressed the button for you already!" I bit my lips, a sign that I was nervous.

 

How am I going to talk to him without breaking down? The elevator door opened and I slowly made my way to his room.

 

There was a gap between his door, I knew he was waiting for me. I hesitantly pushed the door with my sweaty palm and there stood the only man I ever (still do) have feelings for. 

 

He was standing in front of the mirror, fixing his bow tie. I could smell his cologne from here, his usual scent that I was familiar of.

 

He looked stunning, his hair styled up looking as perfect as ever. "Done staring?" He asked with a smirk, looking at me from the mirror.

 

I blushed and walked towards him. Damn he caught me. "Guilty" I replied, forcing a smile. 

 

"I'm probably the most handsome groom ever" He turned to look at me with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter