Second Chance?

I'm Okay without You

“I don't know what we're doing here – you and me … I don't know what we are or what we can be, but this doesn't have to be about that. This can just be about … a chance. Taking a chance.”

 

Friday,February 13.

 

You were not in the mood to stay in school on a Friday night,especially if it's because of Valentine's. I mean,you don't really care but why must the student council even decided to put up a Valentine's Eve Program?! It truly is Friday the 13th.

 

"Why are we even here?" You sighed as you and Tess took a sit on the ground. You're here because you are asked to be. You don't want an absent on you report card.

 

"Ugh. I know. I want to go home!" She exclaimed while she finds a comfortable sitting position.

 

 

It's seven in the evening and it's on the schedule that there will be a mini concert in your campus. While looking around,you saw Jimin's girlfriend,as you know she is,sitting two places to your right. You suddenly saw her look over to you and smiled,of course you also smiled back then looked away.

 

 

The lights on the campus ground were immediately turned off and the only lights on the stage were . A voice came out and said the concert will start in two minutes. You waited.

 

 

After two minutes,you saw almost everyone stood up and shouted as loud as they can get. You stood up to get a clearer view of the performers. It was Jimin together with six other guys. You sat down again and played with the bracelet on your arm.

 

"What's wrong?" Tess asked,but she probably knew why.

 

You shrugged,"I'm sleepy." You manage to chuckled slightly and looked at her. She smiled weakly and sat as well.

 

 

A few minutes after the performance,Jimin and the other six told the others to take their seats. After everyone has seated,a guy with black hair spoke with a wide heart-shaped smile,"I hope you liked the first performance,"and everyone beside you shouted in ecstasy."We'll sing another one that we made a few months ago. Perfect for Valentine's. It's..umm..It's called Just One Day." Stopping with a bow and thank you. They all turn around to get something on the long table at the far back of the stage.

 

 

The guy with a red hair started first,rapping. The one who is,as you know,Jeon Jungkook,since you saw him almost everyday together with Jimin,came in singing the chorus (as you think).

 

It came to the intimate and slow part of the song which was paused as the tallest guy among them said,"We'll now be going around to give a flower to a person that we want to be our Valentine. It makes us nervous,but it's now or never." He smiled and the song started playing again while they go down the stage.

 

Your heart thumped really loud,you bet everyone beside you heard it even with the loud stereo. You just put your head down to try and stop it.

 

You quickly open your eyes as you heard whispering and shouting near you. You saw Jimin when you looked behind you just two persons away. You know sitting near to his girlfriend will make you feel this way.

 

Once you looked away you felt a smooth light thing touching the back of your shoulders,and there it is,a pink rose slid behind your neck down to your thighs.

 

Your eyes went wide and you didn't even know why you quickly looked at Jimin's girlfriend.

 

"What?!" A shout coming from one of her friend was heard. You were in complete shock as well,but you held the rose with your shaky hands.

 

You gulped and looked at it,"W-what just ha-happened?" 

 

"I believe he wants you to be his Valentine." Tess pats your shoulder and you flinch in surprise but looked at her in return.

 

You saw another girl on the left side far from you,with her friends giggling. "Alex just got a spongebob plushie from Taehyung!" One of her friend excitedly announced. And everyone else aww-ed in return.

 

 

Their performance was done and everyone were standing up from their seats to go and leave. You saw Jimin's girlfriend look at you and smiled. You nodded and smiled back,but as she turns around you ran towards her and put the flower in front of her face. "T-take it." You smiled.

 

"W-what do you m-mean?" She said with wide eyes and a shaky voice.

 

"I mean,take it. I think it really belongs to you,and I don't really know what to do with this." You said and laughed nervously.

 

"N-no. Jimin-Jimin gave it to you.It's for you." She defended and quickly said goodbye leaving your heart scattered all over the place. 

 

 

 

You went home,dropping your backpack on your study table together with the rose. You slumped down on your bed and looked at it.

 

"Are you just fooling around?" You asked the rose and narrow your eyes in curiosity. Maybe Jimin is toying with me. Maybe he is just doing this so when I go back to school next week everyone will hate or make fun of me. He doesn't really mean this. He hates me. That's why he's doing this.

 

You sighed and didn't bother changing your clothes as you doze of to sleep.

 

 

 

 

Monday came and you didn't feel like going to school. Your mom was okay with it since it's only the first time you'll have an absent anyway. Maybe you're really sick.

 

 

 

You went to school on Wednesday. You still didn't want to because you'll have Bio today and you know that's the one subject you and Jimin share.

 

"Oh, there you are you!" Your adviser saw you in the halls and asked why you were absent for two days. You told her you were really sick and luckily she didn't asked for a medical certificate or something. "Well,Principal Kim moved you and Tess to class-2,Mathematics. That's going to be your new section from now on but the rest of your schedule will still be as your old one." She said and lead you to your new class.

 

She also explained that you and Tess were transferred because your section was pulling you two down to be in line for the Top 30 this school year. Your old section is the worst section in your batch,and the Principal's council doesn't want you two to hide your talents and intelligence by those truant kids. 

 

When you entered the classroom,it was quiet and calm. Everyone's in their own world. Reading,talking to their friends and some were sleeping. 

 

You and Tess were placed on the middle seats on the back.

 

 

Once first period started,you are already getting along with the other students. But when you were asked to copy something from the white board you couldn't quite see it. "Mr. Choi,can I go in front? I could not see clearly here." Mr. Choi nodded in return. You went to sit on the ground and you notebook placed on the platform. 

 

" you,you could sit here if you'd like. Yoongi's absent." A guy said patting his hand on the chair beside him. You noticed his face from last Friday. The heart-shaped smile guy,Hoseok.

 

"N-no thanks. I'm okay here." You smiled and went back to copying notes. You declined the offer because you saw Jimin,sitting behind him. You still feel weird and mad at him at some point.

 

 

 

After break is Bio. You were sitting across Jimin again. When his girlfriend came they just looked at each other and smiled.

 

"Jaein,can I talk to you outside?" Jimin finally had the guts to excuse his girlfriend and talk to her.

 

 

They were outside for a few minutes and came back just in time when you Biology teacher came. They were both smiling at each other. Jimin sat across you and you couldn't help but steal a glance at him.

 

"H-hey." Jimin stuttered and smiled nervously.

 

"Hi." You sighed weakly and looked down at your notebook.

 

 

While you were all asked to do something Jimin tugged your labcoat and you flinch in surprise. You mumbled a 'what' still looking at the formula on your notebook.

 

"I-I n-need to t-talk to yo-you." He said shakily and that caught your attention. 

 

"O-okay,but make it quick." You manage to say coldly but shaking.

 

Jimin montioned you to go outside and you nodded hesitantly but go with him nonetheless.

 

 

 

"What-What is it?" You said while looking down on you feet.

 

 

"I'm sorry. I can't say goodbye." Jimin went closer to you and you stepped back,"I need you in my life. I love you." Those last words stung you. And you widen your eyes in surprise while you look at him.

 

"N-no,you have Jaein. You have a girlfriend,Jimin." You defended nervously speaking.

 

"Jaein,isn't my girlfriend." He honestly said and looked at you,"I was...I told her if she could be my girlfriend to see if you'll notice...or something." Jimin chuckled embarrassingly and scratch the of his neck.

 

Your eyes grew bigger and stepped back a little more though you felt a cold solid surface. You got cornered by Jimin and the wall.

 

 

"I-I'm really s-sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings after all these years. I-I was too afraid,but now..Can you give me a chance? N-not as your best friend but a-as your b-boyfriend?" Jimin said and grabbed your waist lightly enough for you to pull away (but you didn't).

 

You gulped and looked at the hand encircling your waist. Your breathing was unsteady and Jimin knows you can't breathe properly.

 

"I-I.." you stuttered but you were pulled by Jimin on a passionate kiss. You didn't budge for a few moments but as he your lower lip,you gave in. 

 

You pulled back after a while when you got aware of what happened. "J-Jimin." You panted.

 

Jimin looked worried and stared at you,"W-What is it?" 

 

You bit your lip and looked at him,"I love you too." And you were the one who pulled him for another kiss now.

 


i dreamt about this the other night (it was supposed to be me and my old best friend eww) so i just made it into a sequel of this because some of you want it :)

thank you for reading,you <3

Happy 600 days to Bangtan!1!!!1!