I Remember

Regrets

Baekhyun:

I remember all the things I did to you. I was such a stupid, immature, and worthless boyfriend. Our relationship was fine until I ruined it. We were dating for three years when you had to go through that horrible accident. The date on that horrible day was December 14, and also your birthday. Of course, I didn't show you that I remembered, but I want you to know that I did. 

We met at school when you were 21 and I was 22. I fell for you at first sight and I followed you around hoping to become friends with you. It worked and we started to date around a year after we became friends. I asked you out on New Years Day and we also had our first kiss then. Your lips were soft and tasted like strawberry lip balm which I was obsessed to. I could guess you knew too because I always asked to smell the bottle. We were a happy couple and I used to buy you all sorts of gifts and presents even if it wasn't a special occasion. You loved flowers and I bought them for you every week. I thought we would last forever, until I ruined it all.

After 2 years of dating you, I started to ignore your calls and also ignore your efforts in caring for me, such as cooking me food and doing my laundry. You also stood by my side when you clearly knew that I had started to take interest in another woman and not you. I guess you thought that I would change. I'm sorry that I had to show you that side of me. I'm sorry that you never will be able to hear my apologies and see a changed me. 

I remember that you always tried to hug, kiss, and do things that all other couples did. However, every time you decided to have a couple moment with me, I pushed you away. I would never hold your hand, never kiss, you, and never be a good boyfriend. Now, I want to make it up to you and if I knew that our love story would end this quickly, I would cherish you staying by my side and take care of you. However, this is all in my head and I want to believe it will happen. 

But I needed to realize that.....

it was never bound to happen.

I started to take interest in an older noona that I met at work named Taeyeon. At that time, I thought she was more beautiful, smarter, and overall more interesting than you. Now, I regret thinking like this. I should have poured out all my love for you instead of thinking about how better another woman is than you. I talked to you about her and I remember your face when I did. You didn't smile and you didn't look like you were happy. I totally understand, Eunji. Why was I so stupid? 

I guess you couldn't take any more of me because you let go of the string called life. 

We started to fight more and more. I eventually called you things that I should never had called you like fool, stupid, and a useless . Why did I do that? I was really stupid back then and didn't acknowledge you. I compared you to Taeyeon noona and I also purposely hurt your soft heart. I'm sorry, Eunji. 

You left for the door and the last I saw of you was your back when you left the house. I should have run after you and grabbed your wrist engulfing you into a warm hug. But, I didn't. I went inside furious and didn't plan to call you until you called me. 

I got a call from the hospital a few minutes later. They told me you died. You had gotten into a car accident and passed away. I ran to see you at the hospital. 

Your body lay in front of me and I saw your face. Your eyes were closed and there was a scratch on your face from when I slapped you previously. I should have never touched a hair on you. You were still wearing our couple ring as I wasn't. Your once warm hand was cold and pale. I sat there wailing to you, calling your name. You didn't reply. I spent all the time that I had with you until you were rolled away into the cold room. 

It's been two years now, but I still cannot forget you. I'm in my room now about to face my death. I figured I can't live without you and today is he day when I want to end my story. 

Eunji, I'll meet you again on the other side and when we do meet, can you hug and kiss me once again? Only this time, I'll hold on to you and cherish you. I miss everything about you and I can't wait to see you. I'm feeling a mix of emotions now. I feel sad because I'm leaving this earth, but I also feel happy because I'll be able to see you.

Eunji, let's meet and be that once happy couple again. I'm sorry and I love you.