The Kill

The Kill

If I tell you that it is all over, what will you do?

The look in your eyes have changed. They look other ways, and they do not look my way, not anymore.

I hate it.

I hate you.

No, really, I love you, but I hate that you love another one than me. I hate that I still love you. Do not ask me to let you go, because I cannot. I will not.

I just wait for the words to come out of your mouth, but at the same time, I really do not want it to be over, and I want to be together with you forever. I do not want you to tell me that we are meant to be forever.

I do not want to hear you say goodbye.

I do not want the rejection from you.

I do not want the pain from the rejection.

I only want you.

*~*

“It’s over…” I stop in my movements, stop with what I was doing. It is not important.

I turn and look at you with a smile that I fight to keep on my lips.

“What do you mean?”

“We’re over…” I stare at you with the same smile that fades bit after bit, my lips becoming a thin line in the end. No.

No, we are not over. We simply cannot be over. After all we have been through. It is not an option.

I will not accept it.

*~*

You pack your things, and I watch while you do.

This seems meaningless.

This cannot be. This kills me. You are killing me. All I ever wanted, was you. I had you, but only for a split second and that was never enough.

“Stay.” I tell you but you will not listen to any of my words. You are not mine anymore, so I do not decide. It was never that serious to you. For you, the love has faded. To me, it is not the case. I cannot be without you

So you simply cannot leave.

We were meant to be.

The anger hits me. How can you do this to me, after all this time? What wrong have I ever done? Other than loving you unconditionally? It seems like it is a joke to you. Even if you tell me that you are sorry that you have to leave me, because you do not love me anymore.

You are not leaving me.

You will not let you.

I end up blocking the door for you, as you make your way downstairs, ready to leave me.

No.

I am not ready for you to leave me.

I grab you by the collar, and push you backwards into the wall while I kiss you passionately, my way of showing you how I love you, and how I need you.

You do not care.

It is my problem and my problem alone.

To me, it is your problem.

I will not let you go.

I will love you until the very end.

You push me away, and it becomes too much. It becomes too heated a fight to make you stay.

Why can you not see?

I do not know if it is my anger that makes me see red, but in all cases, you are covered in red. The color flows out of you, in pace with the light that is leaving your pretty eyes.

You are mine, and you will be no one else’s.

I will not allow it.

If I cannot have you, no one can.