.06

One Half of a Whole
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Hyuk stared out the window boredly. He was convinced that he might actually have never been this bored in his life. He was still distracted by thoughts of his conversation with Xia the previous period and his worries about Jaejoong. He shook his head then. He needed to stop thinking about it. Trying to find a way to distract himself, he turned slightly, scanning the room curiously. His attention was caught by a boy with red hair slipping in through the back door of the classroom. He had several piercings in both of his ears, and Hyuk could tell that the kid could not care less about this class or what was happening in it. The teacher looked up as he entered, raising one eyebrow.

     "So good of you to join us, Kwon Yukwon. You're only... 20 minutes late. That must be a new record for you."

     The redhead - Yukwon - merely smiled and walked to the front of the classroom, taking the seat beside Hyuk's. Hyuk wondered if this could be the same person that Kyung had mentioned earlier. He hadn't noticed that he was staring until the redhead turned to look at him and spoke, sounding irritated.

     "You got some kind of problem, kid?"

     Hyuk was about to answer when suddenly someone else spoke for him. "Leave him alone, Yukwon. He didn't do anything to you. It's not his fault you've got a stick up your because Minhyuk doesn't wanna you."

     Yukwon turned around sharply to look at the kid, glaring at him fiercely. "Why don't you mind you own business, Hongbin," he snapped angrily. Hyuk figured that this was normal for them, as their teacher just chose to ignore it. Hyuk shrank back in his seat, hoping that the redhead - Yukwon - would just forget about him. Their shouting match continued for several more moments before Yukwon stood up sharply, knocking his seat over and lunging as if to grab the kid. Their teacher stepped in then, grabbing the back of Yukwon's shirt.

     "That's enough, you two. Either you both settle down or you both go to the office. Take your pick."

     The boy who had defended Hyuk sat down - when had he stood up? Hyuk couldn't remember - he had been more concerned about the pissed off redhead sitting next to him. Said redhead was back in his seat now, arms folded across his chest. Feeling that it was probably a bad idea to be on this boy's bad side, Hyuk tore a piece of paper from his notebook and wrote a quick message.

Sorry for staring at you. I guess I just spaced out. Sorry.

     That would do. He folded it up an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter