.01

One Half of a Whole
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Sanghyuk signed as his alarm went off. He really didn't want to have to get up today. It was, in his opinion, way to early to get up, especially considering exactly what today was. Today was the first day back at school after a horrid, stressful summer vacation in which he moved hallway across the country from all of his friends and the place he had lived since birth. All because of her, the wretched woman that his father had remarried to at the beginning of summer. Now he had to start a new school, just in time for his freshman year of highschool. And a school with a uniform, on top of it. Groaning and grumbling, Hyuk climbed out of his bed and stumbled into the private bathroom attached to his room to shower. There wasn't really any point in putting it off anymore; it wasn't like he would be allowed to stay home, especially not on the first day of school. Striping off his pajamas, he stepped under the hot water. For several moments he remained still, letting the hot water wash away both his fears of what was to come that day and the sleepy stiffness of his muscles.

     Though he didn't really want to,  Sanghyuk forced himself to turn off the water and dry himself off. He took his time getting dressed, pausing to assess each article of clothing as he put it on. Black pants, black socks with purple stripes, a white collared shirt, a black tie (also with purple stripes), and a a purple jacket with the school emblem embroidered on the left brest pocket in black. Overall, he decided that it wasn't a terrible uniform, though he still didn't particularly want to wear it. He has always prided himself on the fact that he stood out from the crowd, something that was difficult to do when you're dressed exactly the same as everyone around you. A small sigh fell from his lips as he took one last look at himself in the mirror.

     "At least it looks pretty good on me. And it's black. Black is good. I usually wear black anyway, so I guess it's not so bad," he murmured, fixing the collar of his shirt. Suddenly, he heard his new stepmother's voice calling for him from downstairs.

     "Sanghyuk, are you awake? Come downstairs and easy breakfast. You're going to be late."

     "I'm coming," he called back, careful to make sure his time remained neutral. "I was just fixing my uniform."

     "Well hurry up," she called back irritatedly. Sanghyuk rolled his eyes and grabbed his school bag, heading downstairs to avoid his stepmother's wrath. She glanced up from her phone only briefly as he entered the kitchen.

     "There's money on the counter so you can buy breakfast if you leave now," she said, returning to her texting. Sanghyuk grabbed the money with a quick mumbled thank you and all but ran out of the door, though he was careful not to let it slam behind him.

     Luckily for him, there was a cafe on the way to his new school that sold hot chocolate and doughnuts. "Go buy breakfast," he muttered angrily as he walled down the street towards the small cafe. "You're lucky I remember where the school is." His mutterings got him a few strange looks, but Sanghyuk ignored them and pushed open the door to the cafe. He was instantly greeted with the smell of cinnamon and toasted sugar and freshly baked cookies; it was enough to make his mouth water, though he tried to look unaffected for the sake o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter