Prologue

Breaking

"Leave him. Probably that's the best for both of you. He can't go on with music if you're here ㅡ you're just a distraction. Leave him." Howon warned me, his face was expressionless, his words are sharper than the swords from the shining armor. I wasn't surprised, in fact, Lee Howon is infamous with that kind of behavior. 

"Listen here, I would never leave him, not even once. We love each other, why would you break us apart? Who are you to do this to us?" I feel like I need to stand up with my words, I'm in love with Myungsoo, as long as I live. Why wouldn't he understand this fact? 

Sunggyu starts to speak up, trying to cool down this tense moment. "Jiyeonnie, we know this is hard for you, but Myungsoo had done it all to reach the top and now he made it. Are you trying to break his own happiness?" Leader's trying to be smart huh? 

"How can you be so sure of this? Have you asked him that he would be happy without me?"

Silence. 

Gosh, this silence is deafening. 

"If I leave him, what will I get?" I was just asking, to reassure that they could give happiness to the both of us; me and Soo. 

"I'll give you money, you need that right? For your mom's surgery. I know she has lost her sight, I'll help you to get an eye donor for her and pay all the hospital bills." Howon was a rich kid, his dad owns a big company in South Korea probably the top 5. Sunggyu knew my mom was sick, in fact the whole member of the band knew it. But I never told Myungsoo, I never intended to lie to him, he wasn't supposed to be worried. He had his problems lingering around him enough. Perhaps both Howon and Sunggyu were right, I shouldn't have met Myungsoo at the first place. I'd only bring harm to him. 

The best thing I could do is to let you go, Myungsoo. My Kim Myungsoo. 

"Will you still keep your promises if I agree to let him go?" I still can't believe these two guys were against our relationship from the start. They were so happy when I stepped into their life. Everyone was. 

Howon that bastard, he might be thinking he can get what he wanted. I never tried to understand him, he was so inestimable. 

Sunggyu nodded. I looked into his eyes, even if they were small but his eyes explained everything. He didn't mean it, really. Kim Sunggyu was lying. He never wanted to let me go, I was his little girl; he's the only one who's brave enough to call me 'Jiyeonnie'. People have stopped calling me with that name ever since I shut everyone out from my life, literally everyone.

Except for Sunggyu. 

We've known each other since young. He lost his parents and he didn't have anyone else in his life, my mom adopted him and welcomed him in our small family. There was me, mom and Sunggyu. We understood each other, we even can communicate through our eyes, that's how close we were.

Sunggyu knew me a whole lot better than anyone else, even Myungsoo. But still, I don't get why would he do this to me ㅡ to break me and Myungsoo apart. 

"Sunggyu oppa, are you sure about this?" I looked into his eyes, I wanted to make sure of him doing the right thing. 

"Yes." He nodded, but his head was still down, eyes on the floor, avoiding mine. 

"If that so, I'll leave. But I'll still look after him from afar, I'll still come to his house without him knowing my presence. And I'll still love him even if we're no longer together." I didn't cry. I guess my heart was cold enough to even have such sad emotions. 

I then left Sunggyu and Howon behind to meet Myungsoo, I'm gonna end this relationship. And then suddenly I bumped into Woohyun, "Hyun oppa, can you lend me your shoulder for awhile?" Woohyun's shoulders were boarder than Sunggyu's. Whenever I had problems I'd find Woohyun or Sunggyu but the thing was Sunggyu was against my relationship I can't talk to him. "What's with you this time?" Woohyun was trying to calm me down, he patted my back gently. "I love Myungsoo I don't want to leave. I wanted to stay but the other members told me to quit. Are you with them?" I looked up and stared at him for a moment. Woohyun smiled as he my hair, he patted my back again and used me into a hug. He kissed the tip of my forehead saying, "don't care about others, just stay." 

And there he was, frozen as ice. Myungsoo saw the intimacy between Woohyun and I. He then left. 

 

Maybe, if I told Myungsoo that I wanted to quit because of Woohyun he would understand. Maybe, if I left him, he would still understand. 

 

I knew love, it's vague. Isn't it?