Chapter 3 - Fall, Everything

Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jake’s condo was absolutely gorgeous and even that would be an understatement. It looked like a model home from the furniture magazines, on top of which it was super clean and tidy. Yoongi thought Jake was probably the son of a CEO in Korea, to live in such a nice condo in downtown.

“Is your roommate okay with me coming over?” Yoongi hesitantly looked around.

Jake who had just exited from his own room with a fresh change of dry and clean clothes sat down on the couch in the middle of the living room. “Yeah, of course. And don’t worry, he’s staying out the night so you probably won’t see him.”

“Oh, okay.” Yoongi sighed a breath of relief because he didn’t want more human interaction than necessary.

Jake signed Yoongi into the Wi-Fi at his house, before going into his room to give the other some privacy. Yoongi logged into skype exactly 5 minutes before his meeting was due. He waited and waited for his boss’ call but even after an hour, he received nothing. He decided that maybe he would call him on his own, and when he did, he received no answer, even after several attempts. Another 20 minutes passed and it was then that he finally received a message.

Bang PD: Sorry, I’ll have to cancel the meeting for today. Let’s reschedule for next week, okay?

Min Yoongi: Sure.

Bang PD: Okay, see you then.

All this for nothing… Yoongi shut his eyes and raised his forehead as he felt a headache crawl up his skull. What now? He got up from the couch he was occupying and decided to let Jake know that he was done and leaving. Yoongi knocked on the first bed room door he could find, hoping it was the correct one. He knocked twice only to receive no response, but he noticed that the door was slightly open so he decided that since he had knocked, it wouldn’t be rude to open the door and see if the other was there or not.

As the door creaked open, Yoongi felt a sudden pang on his chest. The room was surrounded in an uncomfortable and suffocating aura and Yoongi felt his heart sink the moment he saw the dark room with nothing but a mattress in one corner and that was it. It looked like a prison cell, somehow, and it was making him somewhat depressed and he decided to leave the room immediately. As he backed out of the room, he bumped into something.

“Oh, Yoongi,” he heard Jake’s voice.

Oh !

“I’m sorry!”

“It’s fine. Did you finish your meeting with your boss?” Jake asked as he made his way into the living room and Yoongi followed him.

“Y-yeah…” he lied because it seemed an easier option than explaining the actual ordeal.

“That’s good,” Jake settled down on the couch. “I ordered pizza. That’s okay with you, right?”

“Oh, uh, I’m leaving now so it’s okay…”

“It’s a thunderstorm and it won’t end till tomorrow morning, at the least. You don’t have a car, and you can’t walk home, right? Plus, because of the storm, the subway is out of service too, so…” Jake simply picked up the remote and the TV while Yoongi awkwardly stood there, regretting everything. “So, you can sleep here tonight. It’s perfectly fine with me.”

Yoongi couldn’t help but protest but what Jake had said was true and it was either he slept in Jake’s nice apartment or the wet street. His dorm was at least a 40 minute walk from Jake’s apartment.

!

 

 

 

Jake insisted that Yoongi slept on his bed while Jake would just sleep in his friend’s room. But Yoongi was not having it. He didn’t want to discomfort his “friend” more than he had. Despite Yoongi’s several protests, Jake was adamant on his initial proposal and in the end, Yoongi felt way too tired to object any longer. He collapsed on the boy’s bed as he recalled the room from earlier. He felt bad that Jake had to sleep in that room - that depressing room with nothing but plain walls and a mere mattress. He also recalled what Jake had told him earlier when he mentioned his friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter