Chapter 1 - Life Without You

Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Before you begin] This fic is a sequel (part 2) to my original fic, Just One Day. If you haven't read that yet, you might not fully understand the references. I suggest you read that first. It's not mandatory but its only 3 chapters so it might be worthwhile to do so in order to understand and enjoy this fic to the fullest. Thank you ^_^

 

[September 12, 2016]

It had been over two years since Yoongi began working at Big Hit Entertainment as a composer, almost three since the day his life changed forever. Somehow, he survived all these years but there was no one day that he didn’t think of him. Yoongi carried him around everywhere he went; to work, to coffee shops on rainy days, to meetings and dates. He was something Yoongi felt he couldn’t breathe without. So when Yoongi felt his presence missing, Yoongi felt his heart drop to the floor.

“Hyung, have you seen −“

“Your notepad? Yes.” Yongguk held up the said notepad.

Yoongi felt like he could finally breathe again. “Thank god!”

“You left it in the recording room. I hope you don’t mind but I had a look at the song you’ve written.”

Yoongi’s breath hitched. “Which one...?”

“Just one day. It sounds perfect for BTS’ comeback!” Yongguk raised his left eyebrow, narrowing his eyes. “You look... terrified. What’s wrong?”

“I- I can’t!” Yoongi stuttered, eyes glazing the floor. “That song is... personal...”

“It’s for Jimin, isn’t it?” the elder nudged the dazed Yoongi. “How is she, anyways? It’s been so long since you brought her to the studio. She really seemed to enjoy watching you work.”

“Huh?” Yoongi looked up at his curious hyung. “She’s good as always. I’ll bring her over soon don’t worry.”

Yongguk patted Yoongi on the head softly before handing him the notepad. “Take good care of her. She really cares about you.”

“Thanks, hyung...” Yoongi faintly replied. I really should...

 

[2 weeks ago]

 

“It’s been 4 months, Yoongi!” Jimin exclaims, standing up from Yoongi’s couch. “We’ve been dating for 4 months and not once have you touched me once! We haven’t even held hands. At first I thought you were just being a gentleman; that you were cherishing me but now it feels like you’re just avoiding me. If you don’t like me then let’s just break up!”

Yoongi could say nothing. He knew Jimin had the absolute right to get angry. He knew he was the one at fault. “I’m sorry...”

“You’re still not over him, are you? Isn’t that why you were interested in me? Because we have the same name!” Jimin yelled as wet droplets rolled down her ruby cheeks.

“What...?” Yoongi was speechless. He had no idea his girlfriend had felt that way all this time. But Yoongi couldn’t deny her accusations. It wasn’t entirely false that he felt attracted towards her when her name was mentioned.

 

“This is Jimin, my college junior.” Yongguk introduced the petite girl next to him. She smiled shyly and Yoongi felt his heart stop at the name.

‘Jimin...’ his mind repeated that name over and over. His eyes scanned her short auburn hair, her round doe eyes and her rosy cheeks, burning from embarrassment.

 

Not long after, Jimin had asked Yoongi out and after giving it a month of thought, he finally said yes. That was four months ago. Yoongi had thought he had forgotten him. He had finally moved on, he thought.

But when Yoongi finally embraced Jimin in a hug to comfort her, he felt guilty. He didn’t feel his heart racing nor his stomach churning. Yoongi didn’t feel anything at all similar to what he felt with him.

“I’m sorry. I’ll do better from now on. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He softly whispered into her hair.

 

 

 

[November 19, 2016]

“I’m terrible, aren’t I?” Yoongi breathed out, frosty air visible. “She doesn’t deserve me, Jimin.  She deserves so much better! I’m selfish, right?”

Yoongi stared at the trickling river, not yet completely frozen.

“But what do I do? I just can’t- I just can’t forget you… even after all this time, I haven’t gotten over you, dammit!”

Yoongi wanted to swear, to curse, but he held himself back. It was against his morals to use such words at someone’s resting place. He didn’t want to disturb Jimin or his family, even in their afterlife. So he held himself back, choking on his own tears. His eye stung, and chest throbbed at the thought of it; just imagining Taehyung spreading Jimin’s ashes in the river made Yoongi want to jump to his own death, but that didn’t work so well the first time, and Yoongi didn’t want to dirty the sacred place for Jimin and his family; the same river in which Jimin’s family’s ashes were spread, the same river Jimin had fallen into and the same river in which Yoongi had decided to end his life at but ended up saving Jimin instead. And Yoongi did not regret any of it. The boy he had saved had given him a reason to live. But he had also killed a part of Yoongi as well.

Yoongi didn’t believe he had it in himself to ever go through it all again. Therefore, he never attempted to take his life after that. It wasn’t because he was scared or liked his life. It was because he was afraid he would meet another Jimin in the process, and history would repeat itself. But what were the chances? Not many, but Yoongi did not want to risk it. Once, he thought, was more than enough.

And Yoongi felt like falling in love all over again would be impossible. He had yet to meet anyone that smiled like Jimin did, who laughed like him, who was childish yet mature at the same time, someone who made his heart flutter, his stomach churn and mind fuzzy.

And so, when Yoongi finally started dating Jimin, he couldn’t help but compare her to him. They had the same name of course, but not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter