Forever Young

Forever Young

Forever Young

 

“Are you sure you’ll be fine alone?” –Lin asked for the umpteenth time.

You nodded as you adjusted the covers of your warm bed, you were finally released from the hospital and your fellow group mates were getting ready to leave for one of their performances, without you of course.

As always Lin always stayed back to keep an extra close eye on you before she left you alone, she just wanted to make sure.

“I will! Just go! You’ll be late.” –You smiled reassuringly. Although you were feeling extremely saddened by the fact that you weren’t able to do what you loved to the most.

A knock interrupted Lin’s thoughts and she quickly left to see who it was. Curiosity over came you, for the other girls had already left earlier.

You heard a voice, and a very familiar one at that. And your heart almost jumped to your throat.

Lin suddenly peeked on the door with her infamous teasing grin on her lips.

“___-ah… You got company…”

You stopped yourself before you could just bury yourself in the covers. The boy looked good in those simple jeans, his hair was slightly up and he wore a blue jean jacket that combined with his pants oh so well. Swallowing really hard, you waved sheepishly at him trying to avoid Lin’s burning stare.

“Noona!” –He quickly ran to you and kneeled on the side of your bed looking up at you like a lost puppy. –“I wanted to see you earlier, but they wouldn’t let me come see you in the hospital. Are you okay?”

He quickly said without stopping to take a breath. As always your smile couldn’t be helped, and you nodded as you pressed your lips containing the smile that wanted to grow by the seconds he just looked up at you.

“Will you stay over for the afternoon Youngjae?” –Lin asked as if it was nothing.

The boy averted his sight quickly at her and nodded enthusiastically.

“Yes! I already told the boys I’d be here with noona.” –He turned to you with that killing eye smile of his, and you just directed your glare at Lin whose smile kept mocking you.

“Well, I think you’ll be fine then ___-ah. Take care of her while we’re gone.”

With the last farewells she turned to leave, and Youngjae still had his ecstatic smile on you. It became harder to fight against those feelings every day when he’d always be like this. It became unbearable.

“Do you need anything noona? Are you hungry? Thirsty?” –He shot quickly many questions at you.

You bitted your bottom lip and looked down at him and shook your head.

“I’m fine…”

Still, he seemed unsatisfied with your answer; his eyes were directly on yours.

“Do you want to sit next to me? All I really need is to rest. Really!”

His cheeks slightly tinted pink, as he hesitated.

“Do you need to sleep?” –He shyly asked. –“I can just go to the living room while you do…”

“Not really… I just need rest. Come on. I don’t really feel like being on my own today.” –You pulled the blanket from the side of you and with hesitating moves he sat next to you.

You glanced at him who kept his eyes away as he fiddled with his fingers; it was truly an amusing, yet cute sight.

“Do you want to watch TV?” –You asked as an attempt to get him to get out of the sudden awkwardness he got into.

“H-huh?” –He turned to you, who were a little too close to him.

You looked away feeling suddenly uneasy. No matter how many times you’ve been close to him before, recently the feelings had become stronger towards him, and it couldn’t be helped.

“I- asked if you want to watch TV, before the girl’s performance begins.”

He nodded without uttering a word, and you took the control remote and begun to shuffle the channels.

Little by little you felt the comfort you usually felt next to him being recovered; as you sometimes found funny shows you’d both chuckle to. Without realizing you two were suddenly into an interesting conversation. That was the thing about Youngjae, no matter how much younger he was, he would never resemble to be his age, and you could easily and smoothly have pleasant conversations with him. Perhaps, maybe that’s how you started to fall for him in the first place.

 

“It’s time! Oh my God! I’m going to miss it!” –You almost screamed out, hurriedly searching for the remote.

The boy chuckled at your reaction as you searched frantically searched for the remote that was easily found in between the two of you.

“It’s here.” –He said calmly as he picked it up and showed it to you.

He changed the channel quickly to the live streaming, and once it fell on the screen you were thankful the other group hadn’t ended their performance yet.

You sighed in relief. “Thank you.” –You chuckled and naturally rested your head on his shoulder.

Although sometimes Youngjae would get nervous whenever you were too close to him, that move was something you’d normally do without realizing, and it only brought a smile to his lips. He loved it.

The performance begun, and you sat straight to pay attention to the performance you were sadly missing. The smile that you had at first when it began, it was suddenly replaced as you felt the emptiness fill your heart. Again you rested your head on his shoulder, and let out a big sigh.

He looked down worriedly at you, and again as the performance continued, more sighs escaped your lips without noticing. Youngjae clucked his tongue and turned the TV off, catching you off guard.

You separated yourself from him.

“Hey! Why’d you turn that off?”

He put the control remote far from you so you wouldn’t reach it.

“Turn that on!” –You tried to reach for it.

“No! I won’t!”

“Why are you doing this?”

“Because I can’t stand to see you sighing so much… It’s obvious that you hate being here when you were supposed to be there with them. You’re only making yourself feel worse about it.” –He reasoned.

“I’m not…”

“Noona. I hate seeing you like this… You have no idea how much I worried for you when they told me you were in the hospital. And I know you hate feeling like this right now.

But I won’t allow you to keep yourself sulking about not being up there with the girls. I can see how much that hurts you. I’m afraid you’ll just try to push yourself to get to their level and go through the same thing again.”

You looked down, he was so right you couldn’t deny it.

“I want to do more Youngjae… And it’s frustrating to know that when you give all your effort there comes a moment when you have to stop for your own sake… I’m scared; I’m scared everyone will see me as the weak one.” –It was so easy to just spill yourself to him, no matter how stupid you thought your problems were he’d always listen.

You were feeling bad that you never told him about your condition, after all this time you had kept that to yourself, but in the back of your mind you knew he wasn’t like everyone else, the fear still lingered on though.

He placed his hand on your back as he tried to find your eyes that you wanted to hide from him.

“But you’re not, noona… You’re the strongest… at least to me you are. You always have.”

You looked up to meet up with his eyes and comforting smile.

“You’re the strongest because even your situation you’ve held on here for so long, and I’m positive that you’ll hold on. I believe in you noona. And you'll be right there where you belong stronger than ever...”

You turned your eyes down to your lap and attempted to keep your smile to yourself, but that was not possible, and the boy quickly took notice.

“There’s that smile…” –He said making you blush yet again.

“Shut up Jae…” –You punched his arm slightly keeping your eyes away from him, it was already enough that he kept making you melt like this; you refused to let him have that power over you.

“I’m serious though.” –He said and scooted closer to you. –“I don’t think what I'd do if something happens to you again. You really scared me.”

“I’m fine! I really am Youngjae… I just need to rest for a couple of weeks, and then I’m good to go.”

You reassured him and he smiled back, keeping his eyes on your tired ones.

“Do you want to sleep?” –He asked.

You shook your head stubbornly and leaned on the back of the bed.

“I’m not really sleepy…” –You turned your eyes to him.

He narrowed his eyes in disbelief and fixed a piece of hair that fell reveaing your face.

"A~" -He shot you with one of his killer eye smiles. -"Don't lie to me noona... You look so tired."

You looked away from him not trying to show your burning face.

"No, I'm not..." -You refused yet again.

Youngjae chuckled softly and with his index finger turned your face to him.

“I know what you need… what you love the most…”

He moved closer to where your head was resting, and instinctively you got his intentions. It actually excited you to get to hear his voice again up close and personal, and he knew how much you loved it when he sang to you. You rested your head again on his shoulder accepting his invitation and he wrapped his arm around your shoulder taking you closer to him before beginning one of the lines.

 

Miss you I really miss you
If you’re still not bored of me I’ll sing a song for you
Turn the radio o-o-on
Turn the radio o-o-on

Miss you I really miss you
So that you’ll be able to think of me, I’ll sing for you
Turn the radio o-o-on 
Turn the radio o-o-on
Cuz I wanna be

Forever Young 
This moment that’s just ours
Forever Young
I don’t want to let it get away
Forever Young
Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby
Cuz I wanna be

Forever Young 
You and I, just as we are
Forever Young
Even if time passes by
Forever Young
Forever Young
Woo baby Woo Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby
Forever you’re my shawty

 

He paused and he saw how your eyes were now fluttering close and finished with his last part.

 

Listen to me baby 
Can you hear my heart that says it loves you?
Embrace my sincerity towards you
Just be my side, just like this.

 

He sighed as your breathing became steady; tenderly he kept his eyes on you.

“Can’t you hear it, noona?” –He said softly to your ear. Cautiously he moved the hair that fell to your face again and placed a soft kiss on your cheek.

Youngjae sighed as he examined your complexion. "Please take care of yourself... What would I do with myself if anything happened to you?"

He rested his head on top of yours and closed his eyes, taking on the chance to be just by your side, just like that.

 

You opened your eyes, having heard clearly his words, and looked up to the only part of him you could see from that angle, you closed your eyes and made yourself more comfortable in his arms, with the only thought that passed through your mind. Can you hear mine?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



(: Hope you Choi Youngjae fans enjoyed this hopefully. ^^

 

Forever Young is one of my favorite Got7 songs, so I had to use it! :D

Which is why I chose that name for the story. (:

 

Thanks for reading~