Attention (이리 와): Final

Attention
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is something not good enough?
Why can’t you talk to me honey"
— Troublemaker, Attention (이리 와)

Zitao fixed his shiny blonde hair in the mirror of his school bathroom. He smirked when he found himself presentable for the ladies of the school. He stood up straight as he walked out with an arrogant smirk. The moment he steps out, girls that were waiting for him run towards him. Zitao smiled charmingly as they shoved to gain his attention. Some guys were trying to ask Zitao out for a quick game of basketball. Zitao's eyes were drawn to the cold-looking school president who was speaking the class representative of Class 3-B, Lu Han. Zitao stared as his pretty pink lips form a straight line on his charming face.

A few girls took pictures of the "Winter Prince" and the "Spring Prince". The school president was called the "Winter Prince", because he usually wore a cold, stern face, and a blizzard-like feeling appears when someone angers or annoys him. Lu Han is warm yet cool as the spring time, hence his nickname. The two get along, much to everyone's surprise, even Zitao's. The taller Chinese male eventually looks away and heads somewhere with the guys. The love-struck girls follow either way, hoping to see him play up close before other girls come. Some girls remained by Yuto and Lu Han's side, admiring the two boys.

Zitao glanced over his shoulder, and saw Yuto show a small smile towards Lu Han. He covered his ears when the girls squealed. It was not a secret that many girls hoped that Yuto and Lu Han were dating. The two have great chemistry, and Lu Han is surely one of the few that can crack a smile from the icy cold school president. The two were occasionally seen holding hands. Zitao looked away once more and smiled at the girls who were calling his names. The guys passed the basketball around, occasionally starting a conversation up with Zitao.

 

Upon returning to class when the bell rang, Zitao ran into the class, hoping that he wasn't late. When arriving, he saw a handful of students and sighed in relief. He sat down on his seat and noticed Yuto's disgusted face. The school president shared the same classrooms as him and it related irritated him. The Winter Prince just loved to criticize him, and that was the attention he didn't like. He sighed when he stated that he stank of sweat.

"Yuto-kun! Good morning!" The vice-president of the student council shouted. Yuto grinned and greeted him back. Most students were a bit confused since the two of them were Japanese, and spoke in their native language. Zitao got up from his seat and went to his friend in the class, Kim Jongdae. The handsome young man with perfectly chiseled features was admiring the petite vice-president as he happily chatted with his best friend in Japanese.

"Why don't you just confess? It's been two years now," Zitao startles the poor young man from his daze. He jumps out of his seat, and falls to the ground. His red blush becomes redder, if possible, when Yuri turns to look at him. Jongdae trembles a bit under the embarrassment before dragging Zitao out the room with him. Yuto and Yuri watch the two leave before continuing their conversation.

Jongdae punches Zitao in the arm, "Did you really have to scare me?! He probably thinks I'm weird."

"I'd be pretty surprise if he didn't," Zitao was soon met by Jongdae's glare. To Jongdae, Yuri was the most cutest and innocent student in their school. It was true that it had been two years that he harbored a crush for the said boy. He remembered that it was Yuri's charming smile, patient kindness, and intellect that attracted Jongdae when he had his first interview with Yuri when he was running for vice-president. The candidate won Jongdae over instantly with his voice, which was soft and sweet like cotton candy. Zitao watches his best friend daze off into the distance as he thinks about Yuri. He sighs and punches his arm, "You should win him over then, because I heard the treasurer, Byun Baekhyun, has his eyes on him as well."

Jongdae widens his eyes and looks over at Zitao. He doesn't know if he should believe him, but he still worries. He hoped it was just a lie. Byun Baekhyun was the princely treasurer of the student council. If Yuri wasn't with Yuto, it was most certain that he was with Baekhyun; the two were great friends ever since they met. Jealousy burned in him, and released a heavy sigh.

Zitao looked at his best friend's defeated look. Jongdae sulked, already accepting defeat. He wasn't as great as Byun Baekhyun, the son of a chairman to a well-known business and respected actress. Baekhyun was better at sports than him, and was highly fashionable without breaking school rules. Jongdae was pretty average against the one of the princes in school. He trudged back into the class and Zitao followed, rolling his eyes. The teacher ran in moments later, apologizing for being incredibly late. The class prepared themselves for a whole hour of him explaining himself. Yuto pulled out a notebook and went over the plans the student council had for the students. Zitao looked over to his desk, but Yuto looked over at him, "It's rude to snoop into someone else's business."

"What's there to hide, President?" Zitao smirked.

"Something called privacy, but of course, the guy that loves attention wouldn't know what that means..." Yuto sighed as he closed the notebook. He cracked his fingers before rubbing his shoulders. Zitao stared at Yuto, especially his hooded brown eyes that seem alluring at the moment. The student president side glanced and noticed Zitao staring at him. He looked away, and said, "Once again, it's rude to stare."

"I wasn't staring at you..." Zitao looked away, blushing red as he covers it with his hand. Yuto rolls his eyes and continues his planning. He needs to come up with an educative yet enjoyable idea for the students to take part in. He looks over at Yuri, who is biting the eraser of his pencil. He seems to be on his train of thought to be disturbed. Yuto sighs as he rests his head on his notebook, remembering he has other planning to do as well. He groaned softly into his arms. He thought over on why he decided to run for school president. He remembered why, because his older brothers, Hikaru and Takaki, ran and were the previous school presidents.

 

When lunch arrived, Yuto stood up from his seat, and left the room with Yuri. They stood waiting for the other class representatives such as Lu Han, Kim Joonmyeon, Choi Jinri, Amber Liu and Jung Soojung. Yuto tapped his foot impatiently before hearing a pair of feminine giggles. He looked over to his right and saw Jinri and Soojung smiling at him. Other students took images when the Solstice Princes were gathered together. The Solstice Princes included Yuto Nakajima, "the Winter Prince", Lu Han, "The Spring Prince", Amber Liu, "the Summer Prince", and Kim Joonmyeon, "the Autumn Prince". Jinri was known as the Sweets Princess, because she smelled sweet and loved to make pastry. Soojung was once known as the Ice Princess, because of her ice cold look, but now shares the same nickname as Jinri.

Zitao left the classroom with Jongdae and noticed Soojung hug Yuto's arm as people took pictures of them. Yuto blushed and looked to the side, keeping his poker face on. Yuri grinned as he watched his best friend maintain his cold look. Joonmyeon led his group to Classroom 3-C, where they always hold the meetings. Zitao felt strange that Yuto was allowing her to hold his arm, when he has seen him brush other girls off. He stared at him leave, unaware of Jongdae speaking to him. Zitao shook the feeling off before proceeding towards the basketball courts.

"Do you think Yuto and Soojung are a couple?" Jongdae asked curiously.

"Why do you say that?" Zitao looked over at his friend, who was pulling out a camera and notebook from his backpack. He handed the notebook to Zitao as he was looking for a certain image. Zitao read the first page, which contained a date and time, and stated the locations where Yuto and Soojung are. The first location was at a cafe that mostly couples go to, the next was an amusement park, and lastly for the first day was at Soojung's home. Jongdae let out a small "yes~" before showing the image to Zitao. Yuto and Soojung were particularly close as Yuto glanced over at her. Their cheeks were dyed with a cherry blossom pink as their shoulders touched. Jongdae's timing was too perfect for this to be caught so nicely.

"Where did you take this?" Zitao grew a surprised expression. Jongdae grinned and answered, "The school library at the back of the room."

Zitao handed the camera back before walking away. He didn't want to see it anymore. It somehow caused him to be upset, but he doesn't know why. He isn't particularly close with Yuto, neither with Soojung. He thought, "Unless...I kind of like Soojung. I mean she's pretty cute."

Jongdae sighed and tried to catch up with his athletic best friend. Zitao was too lost in thought to hear Jongdae and noticed where he was going. He snapped out of his thoughts when he bumped into someone. He looked up at who bumped into and saw an oval yet angular face, dark brown eyes, fair white skin, pink full lips, thick eyebrows, and blonde spiky hair. He stared down at Zitao, before leaving him in a daze. The tall student walked towards the meeting room. Zitao watched him turn the corner and grabbed Jongdae, "Who the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter