Jeju Island Sunrise

Jeju Island Sunrise

Leeteuk sighed as he added the final items to his suitcase.  When SM told him he was going to accompany Eunhyuk and Donghae on their vacation to the Jeju Islands he knew it was mostly in part to keep the younger two out of trouble. But besides being an unofficial babysitter, a vacation was indeed a vacation and he was excited for it. Yet not even a week in and he was called back to Seoul due to scheduling conflicts. He was to come a day before the younger dancers. Closing the suitcase he turned his attention to the other bed where the two were watching him with curious looks on their faces.

"Hyung, why do you have to go back early?" Eunhyuk asked him.

"Yeah, we were going to go to the beach tonight remember." Donghae added with a pout.

"I know, and I'm sorry." The leader replied with a sigh. "But Manager-hyung said I had to do a recording for a radio show tonight and I need to get back as soon as possible."

"It's okay hyung." the two replied together. They had such disappointed looks on their faces that they looked like little kids. It made Leeteuk chuckle. Leaning in close he ruffled up both their hair fondly.

"Now you two stay out of trouble. I expect to see you tomorrow afternoon when you come back to the dorms. And don’t be a hassle for Manager-shi."

"Yes, hyung." They replied dutifully.

Leeteuk sent the pair a dimple smile and grabbed his back, he then headed out of the hotel room. As soon as the door closed the pair flopped back on the bed in defeat. Donghae had a pout on his face as he stared at the ceiling. Eunhyuk watched his friend in concern.

"Hae, you okay?" He asked softly as he rested his hand on top of the other's.

"Yeah, just bummed out. I was hoping to spend the rest of the trip you and hyung." The younger explained softly.

"And go to the beach?" The other replied as he recalled their earlier conversation.

"Well that and something else." Donghae admitted.

"Oh like what? Maybe I can help."

"Promise you wont laugh?"

"When do I ever laugh at your ideas?" Hyukjae asked. He received a raised eyebrow from his best friend. "Fair enough, fine I wont laugh this time."

Donghae shifted awkwardly for a moment. Taking a breath he turned his head to stare at the other. Hyukjae watched him with questioning eyes. Donghae felt himself drown into those eyes.

"I want to watch the sunrise with you." He admitted softly.

Eunhyuk's eyes widened at the revelation before his face took on a light pink. Even though he knew Donghae meant spending it with Leeteuk as well as him it still made his heart speed up a bit. He dropped his eyes slightly so he wouldn’t see the enduring look on the others face. Clearing his throat he smiled softly at Donghae.

"Sure we can watch the sunrise together." He said gently

Donghae smiled a bright, child like smile, and hugged the lead dancer. Of course since they were still laying down he more rolled on top of Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk burst out laughing at his friend's antics.

"Hae! You're heavy! Get off!" He complained as he pushed at the younger.

"You did not just call me fat." The fishy said with a disbelieving look on his face.

Eunhyuk laughed at the expression. He smiled brightly which his friend returned. Neither of them seemed to realize that they were on top of each other with their faces really close. Soon enough Donghae rolled off the dancer and onto his back.

"What time is it?" He asked

"A little after eight." Eunhyuk replied after he glanced at the clock. "Lets get something to eat they we can hang out here until the sunrise.

Donghae agreed with a nod and grin. "Okay."

The pair left the room and went down to the little restaurant inside the hotel. They got a quick bite to eat before they went in to the snack shop next to the restaurant. Filling their arms with snacks, goodies, and drinks (as well as a few cartons of strawberry milk that Eunhyuk was able to find) they went back to their room. The pair dropped everything on Leeteuk's former bed and flopped down on Eunhyuk's.

"So what should we do in the next…seven hours." Eunhyuk asked his best friend.

Donghae pouted as he tired to think of something but in the end he shrugged his shoulders. Eunhyuk chuckled at that. Rolling to his side he poked the younger respectively in the side. Donghae laughed and swatted his friend's hand away. Eunhyuk grinned at poked harder. Soon the pair were pushing and poking and acting like a bunch of little kids.

"Hyukkie Stop! My sides are starting to hurt." The singer cried.

"From the poking or laughing?"

"Both!"

"Fine…" Eunhyuk sighed but smiled. "Ne, Hae?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you glad you joined Super Junior?"

"Of course! I love being with you guys."

"Even with all the crazy schedules?"

"Well that means we're popular right? The busier, the better. Some day we'll get so famous we'll travel the whole world!"

"Oh like Tokyo?"

"Tokyo! London! New York! Paris!"

Eunhyuk laughed at his friend's enthusiasm. Donghae smiled at him sweetly.

"I hope you'll be with me all those times."

"Oh?"

"Hyukkie's my best friend! I want to do everything with you."

Eunhyuk found himself blushing again and looked down to avoid his eyes. Donghae didn’t seem to notice as he looked at the ceiling.

"Ne, Hyukkie?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think my dad is proud of me?" He asked timidly.

"Of course!" Hyukjae cried as he turned to his friend. "Donghae you're dad couldn't be prouder!"

Donghae was quiet as he looked at the ceiling. After a moment he turned and curled his body into Eunhyuk's. Eunhyuk right away held his friend close to him.

"I miss him Hyukkie."

"I know Hae." He soothed.

"He didn't even get to see me win! And it was his dream."

Eunhyuk hated moments like these. When the childish, cheerful loving Donghae disappeared into this version of Donghae. And there was nothing that he could to do to help. When the others , because of his accent it was Eunhyuk who would defend him. When he hurt himself from messing around with Kibum it was Eunhyuk who pulled out all the Nemo designed Band-Aids and kissed everyone of them better like a mom would. But this, this was all in Donghae's heart. All the dancer could was hold his friend and speak softly until the pain passed.

"Hae, you're father will always be proud of you. And so will I."

Donghae smiled at this.

"Promise."

"I promise." Eunhyuk replied sincerely.

"Thank you Hyukkie."

Eunhyuk smiled at this and hugged his friend.

"Anytime. Now go wash your face and I’ll find something for us to do."

Donghae obediently nodded his head and got off the bed. He went into the bathroom across the room and it wasn’t until the door clicked shut that Eunhyuk released the breath he was holding. He was way to young to be going through this stuff but he was always there for Donghae. Whenever the younger dancer needed him, he would be there. After a few minutes of waiting the bathroom door opened again and a much more stable Donghae came out. He had a sheepish smile on his face as he went to the bed. Sitting on the edge he glanced at Eunhyuk in embarrassment.

"Sorry about that."

"Nah, it's okay. I'm glad you are comfortable enough around me to be emotional every once in a while." Eunhyuk replied sincerely.

The dancer shifted his body so he was laying his head in the other's lap. The singer automatically ran a hand through his hair.

"Did you still want to go to the beach?" The rapper asked as he looked up.

Donghae shook his head. After crying he wasn’t in the mood to leave the room at all. Eunhyuk figured as much but asked all the same. Turning his eyes to the side he noticed the TV where the Wii system their manager had put in the room for them. The dancer's eyes lit up at the idea.

"Bet I can whip your at Mario Kart." He challenged his friend.

"You're on!" Donghae declared with a grin on his face.

The pair scrambled off the bed and to the TV. Eunhyuk got the game set up while Donghae put the remotes in the steering wheel controllers that came with the game. Once everything was set up, and a few rounds of rock-paper-scissors to decide who got to play Yoshi, the pair started up the game.

"So not fair, you were Yoshi last time." Eunhyuk complained to the grinning Donghae.

"Poor you." The other teased with a tongue stuck out. "But I'll be nice and let you pick the first race."

So Eunhyuk, in perfect evilness that would have made their evil Maknae proud, picked Rainbow Road right off the bat. Donghae whined but went along with the choice. At least both of them were horrible at the track and it wasn't long until they were both in a fit of giggles from falling off the edges so many times. After the hilarious race, which Donghae ironically won, the pair settled down and played more easier tracks.

Laughing and joking around they played until they raced all the tracks. By record Eunhyuk, with his DK racer, won by two races. The human monkey gleefully jumped around the room while his racer did the same on the screen. Donghae laughed at his friend's antics. One he cooled down, Donghae changed the game to Super Smash Bro. and proceeded to destroy the other as the character Link.

Once the pair was all video gamed out they went back to the bed where they began to snack on their goodies and pull out a deck of cards. After a few rounds of Go Fish they talked casually about their upcoming schedules. It was close to two in the morning at that time.

Eunhyuk took a pause in the game to use the bathroom. When he came out he found Donghae passed out on the bed. The dancer chuckled in amusement and was about to wake the other when he thought better of it. It was clear Donghae was exhausted from his cry earlier. So instead Eunhyuk cleaned up their mess earlier and carefully moved his friend into a more comfortable position on the bed. Setting an alarm on his phone for the sunrise he began to clean up around the room as well. He kept an ear and eye out in case his friend in case he woke up but the room remained mostly quiet.

With everything cleaned he sat in a chair by the window and looked out. He still had a few hours until the sun came up so he allowed himself to think. He thought about his family, his friends, his fellow Super Junior members, and Donghae. But mostly he thought about Donghae. It was obvious he was very fond of the other and found the fish to be very precious to him. But he didn’t know how deep those affections went. When he confessed his mini crush on Donghae during their mini series filming he wasn’t completely lying. All though he brushed it off afterwards for visual affect he knew he had spoken really honestly at the time about his friend.

Heck even Junsu knew there was something between the two that went past simple friendship.

"All the years we've been friends you were never as affectionate to me as you are towards him." His best friend had said once.

"It's fan service." The dancer argued.

Junsu merely raised an eyebrow at this but dropped the topic. They both knew fan service was just an excuse when it came to the stage antics of 'EunHae' as they fans dubbed them. Eunhyuk chuckled at the memory before a beeping sound brought him back to the present. Blinking away the memory he saw light slowly coming through the window starting the pending sunrise. Turning off the alarm the dancer went back to Donghae.

The younger man had a peaceful look on his face that Eunhyuk almost didn’t have the heart to wake him up. But he knew Donghae wanted to see the sunrise so Eunhyuk gently shook the sleeping man.

"Hae, yah." He said loudly enough to wake the other.

"Hmm? Hyukkie?" The other replied sleepily.

"Wake up you fish. You said you wanted to watch the sunrise, and its about to start."

Donghae opened his eyes at this. Sitting up, he took in his friends appearance.

"Did you stay up all night?" He asked in concern as he observed his friend's panda eyes.

"Well someone decided to fall asleep so I ended up staying awake for the both of us." Eunhyuk teased.

Donghae smiled sweetly at his friends thoughtfulness. Eunhyuk returned the smile and held out a hand to his friend. Donghae was then pulled out of the bed and led to the balcony.  The pair grabbed the sweatshirts and slipped on their shoes and sat on the chairs provided. They watched as the sky turned an array of violet and blue and red and oranges as the sun began to appear. The two watched silently as the sun slowly started to rise, bringing with it a new day.

At one point Donghae reached over to take Eunhyuk's hand. Their fingers easily interlocked with each other. Eunhyuk smiled but didn’t say anything when Donghae didn't. But he could feel Donghae's feelings in the simple gesture. When the sun finally reached a stopping point Donghae spoke.

"Thank you Hyukkie."

"For the sunrise?"

"For everything." Donghae replied with a smile.

"No problem." He replied honestly, and it really wasn’t. Hyukjae would do anything to keep Donghae happy. Even staying up all night for the sunrise to come when his friend falls asleep.