Confession.

Musicbox. - {/ One shot }

 

I stared at it. A pretty calm melody came out of it and a ballerina started dancing. I stared at it, fascinated. I held my breath everytime it stopped. I rewinded it and started looking again. I did this for hours. How could somebody throw this away? Then I felt  a hard push against my shoulders. I dropped on the floor as I blinked twice. I saw a boy grabbing my musicbox and he ran off. I quickly stood up and broke into a run chasing him. 

He was fast. He sometimes looked behind him. I had no trouble with keeping up with him and finally I got to him. I grabbed him by his sweater as he tripped and we both fell.

I scratched the back of my head as he stared at me. 

"Why are you trying to steal my musicbox!" Quickly I grabbed it as I held it against my chest. "It's mine!"

He stared at me as his eyes started to get moist. Then he started crying. I did not expect it. "Its not yours you brat!" I gasped as I looked at him. Frozen.

"It is! I found it!" 

"And I lost it"

"Yeah, they all say that! LIAR!" I turned away from him as I stood up. I mumbled. He cried more. I felt guilty as I sat down again. "I won't tell your mom.." When I said that he cried even more. I didn't know what to do as I tugged on his sleeve. "We can share it?" He looked at me as he whiped his tears away and nodded.

"I'm Hyuna" I smiled friendly. "I'm Junhyung" His eyes were still moist but he tried smiling.

----------

Ten years later and I still knew this person. And after these twelve years. We'd still share this musicbox. We didn't have much contact. Once in two weeks he came to grab the musicbox. It was his week then. I didn't know why that musicbox meant that much to him. 

One day when I wasn't home. He waited 8 hours to get his musicbox. I figured it'd became an obsession for him. I knew it was an obsession to me tho. Everytime when I felt sad I'd play the melody.

Today it was the day he was supposed to pick up the musicbox. I placed it into a woodenbox as I waited for him. After 11 minutes the doorbell rang. I walked to the door as I opened it. 

He smiled. "The box?" I nodded as I looked at him and did something I wanted to do for so long. "Why do you still come to pick this up?" He stared at me. "Because you said we'd share it." 

"It was ages ago.. We're grown up"

"Then why do you still keep it." I swallowed. "Because it makes me feel better in bitter times.

"It reminds me of someone." I nodded as he sat down on the floor infront of my door. "Someone special who I barely have contact with". 

"I'm sorry." I felt bad. Maybe someone who he was close with. Had this kind of box. I sat down too and we both sat down for an half hour. He smiled as he looked up. "Can you tell me about this person". He looked confused.
"You don't have to if you don't want to!". I regretted my question.

"I can" he smiled. I nodded.

"I barerly knew her, we weren't supposed to meet. But we did. We never had real contact but she reminded me of my mother. In a good way, she was warm. She was the kind of girl that wouldn't leave you or betray you." I nodded as I listened to him. 

"She must have been special" I said.

"She is, I know love when I see it. And since the day I saw her my heart skipped a beat everytime I saw her. I can't stop thinking about her even after all this time. She forgave me. Forgave me for the bad things I used to do. But she has no interest in me tho."

"I'm sorry Junhyung.." I didn't call him oppa. Why should I. I didn't know him that well.

"I'm not finished."

"I'm sorry" I gasped.

"She is amazing, and I'd stop by her house every two weeks to pick something up. She thinks I'm so obsessed with it, and that it means alot to me. But the only thing that means alot to me. Is stopping by her house that day and look in her eyes. To feel the butterflies again.."

"J-junhyung.."