Hallows Eve

Hallows Eve

It started with a plan. A simple date night in front of the TV, cuddled up under blankets complete with a stack of horror movies, a bowl full of candies and treats to snack on.

It was Halloween, after all.

Taemin was ecstatic. Not only did he get a night off from work to watch gory movies and to chow down on two thousand times his recommended daily allowance of sugar- he got to enjoy it with the radiant heat of his perfect boyfriend, nestled plush underneath his arm. Way more preferable than working the night shift at the local hospital being covered in children's vomit. Chicken pox epidemics are way messier than you'd think. Especially on Halloween. 

Jonghyun on the other hand wasn’t too thrilled. Horror movies had an undesirable effect on him, they made him nauseous at the best of times, along with the night terrors, cold sweats, inappropriate urination... you name it, it'd happen. But after watching the six year olds he taught this afternoon boast about all the sweets they would gorge themselves on, it put his stomach in an even more 'sensitive’ situation. The only thing going for him was the arm draped lazily over his shoulder. Comforting warmth radiated from Taemin, setting him a little more at ease, despite the less enticing viewing material.

Another blood curdling scream pierced the darkened room. Some ‘American high school cheerleader type’ strayed from the group, leading to her being butchered by ‘Generic masked guy with knife’. Taemin rolled his eyes, regretting picking the DVD from the top of the pile he had bought for the occasion. ‘Xtreem Blood Night III’ didn’t have it going on- and to be honest, it deserved the crappy review he'd post on online later- along with the gif of disapproving Spock.

Jonghyun on the other hand was practically defecating his pants. 

“Taem, please can we watch something else? This is awful.” He mumbled into his boyfriends’ chest, not even caring that it came out a few octaves higher than usual. He cowered deeper into Taemin’s chest, hiding his blush that now burnt his cheeks. The younger man looked down at his trembling partner - whom currently had his shirt in a death grip- flinching at every cliché violin stabbing sound that emitted from the TV.  He untangled Jonghyun's hand from the now crumpled shirt, and placed it on his torso. Suppressing a chuckle at the wimp he loved so dearly, Taemin rubbed circles into Jonghyun’s shoulder and reached for the remote with his other hand.

“Sure babe, it’s the biggest pile of trash I’ve ever seen.” Taemin knowingly smiled, not wanting to shoot down his boyfriend’s pride. “Wanna watch something else? I’ve got some serious Japanese horror movies in my room. Even I couldn’t sleep after watching those.” He teased, almost losing it at the look on Jonghyun’s face.

“ no! I mean-“ He spluttered. “Nah Taem, lets just snuggle for a bit. Maybe put some music on. Halloween anyway. Bull scary, pointless day.” He mumbled the latter words as Taemin stood up. He ejected the DVD, and threw it in the direction of the bin; where it most definitely belonged.

Taemin threw a smirk over his shoulder and baited; “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were scared.”

Jonghyun inhaled, letting out a girlish sound of shock, ing his arms across his chest, a slight pout evident on his lips.

“I’m so not! You said it yourself, the movie was trash.”

“Sure babe, anything you say- but that’s definitely the last time I buy movies from the online equivalent of a dollar store.” he chuckled. “That demonic 'child' dressed as Pikachu earlier was more horrifying than this .” The nervous look on Jonghyun’s face vanished as he threw his head back, laughing.

“Taem, she was so adorable! I just wanted to give her every snack in the house.” He grinned as Taemin shook his head, a slight smile on his lips. “I would dress our baby up as variations of Pokémon every year.”

Taemin almost didn’t catch the soft whisper that fell from Jonghyun’s lips as he placed another disc into the player. He looked back around at his boyfriend, who looked mortified to have been heard.

“I’m sorry. I meant metaphorically you know- I just-“

Taemin ambled back to the couch and fell beside his lover, wrapping an arm around his shoulder once more.

“I know, sweetie. I know.” He whispered, placing a kiss on the platinum blondes head, nuzzling his nose into his hair.

A calm silence fell over the two men curled up on the couch, the only sound came from the live music DVD of some obscure swedish metal band- not that they were watching it. ‘Who would?’Jonghyun thought, nuzzling further into Taemin’s shoulder. As tranquility settled, his gravitate towards the pumpkins they'd carved earlier, positioned steadily on the coffee table. He watched the cute Rilakkuma design he made be almost overshadowed by the horrifying zombie face Taemin had made. The  illuminations danced and flickered on the wall as the flame the sides of the pumpkin. It caused a slight smell of pumpkin pie to mix with the scent of cinnamon cookies hanging in the air from the baking session they had earlier. Jonghyun began to think that maybe Halloween wasn’t that bad after all. It was just like some twisted version of Christmas.

“I would prefer to dress our son up as Chucky though. You'd look damn cute in your little dungarees, and all.” Taemin mumbled into his boyfriend’s neck, breaking the silence. The blonde jumped slightly and looked up startled.

A small smirk began to form on Taemin’s lips at the look of absolute happiness on Jonghyun’s face- his heart skipped a beat, and proceeded to pound in his chest at the sight, thumping through his ribcage so hard, he was sure Taemin could almost hear it. “Our son? Ours?”

Taemin nodded, peppering kisses all over his boyfriends beautiful face, before making his way to nip on his jaw and neck. “Of course, baby. Now, how about we get started?”

Jonghyun giggled, not even attempting to fight the hands that now roamed over his chest, before falling onto his belt buckle. “You of all people should know that’s not possible, Dr. Lee.” He exhaled shakily, the title doing more to himself than to his boyfriend. He felt like he was drowning in the heat that had risen over his body. Even though his skin was now covered in goosebumps from the circles being traced on his chest by Taemin’s fingertips, he felt like he was on fire.

Taemin’s chuckle was muffled by elder’s neck and the low groan that vibrated through it as he pulled off his lover’s shirt. “Worth a try.”

And try they did