Unit 1: Back to basics

Honey Trap! The Romance Guide

Imagine your story is a cake, lets say a white cake. No store bought cake here, that would be dishonorable. So you have your cake, but lets go back to before it was even batter. First we need our tools, measuring spoons and cups, pans, a plastic spatula, and a bowl.

You're probably wondering, what about the ingredients?

Before you make a cake, you must have your kitchen utensils already set. Though the equipment is not the main star of the cake, we wouldn't be able to create one without them. Just like a story needs the basic structure.

Now we have to gather ingredients so we can create that smooth layered taste. The ingredients for this unit will consist of:

Point of view – Our tools

We have to know how we're making this cake.

 

Five Senses – Vanilla Extract

You can see the dark color, Taste the bitterness, Feel the light liquid, Hear as it drips into the bowl, smell the heavenly fragrance.

 

Inspiration – Butter

Sometimes we need a little extra to help us because one minute our ideas are cutting out of us like warm butter and then the next second like the butter has been frozen for centuries.

 

Locations – Baking Powder

This will cause our cake to rise.

 

Names – Milk

To help give a bit of moisture to our batter.

 

Characters – Eggs

To keep our cake strong so we have to mix them in right.

 

Boundaries - Sugar

Giving us just the right amount of sweetness.

 

Plots – Flour

If flour is not there, the cake will not have its flavor or color. It will also aid our cake in rising.

 

To completely understand the fundamentals of writing a romance story it's good to start at the basics principles of writing itself. 

Now let's turn on our oven (Mind) and get down and dirty. Next chapter, Points of View.