||01||

One Winter's Tale

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Switzerland.”

 A female voice buzzed over the intercom, stirring Song Jinae from the peaceful slumber she was currently immersed in. She blinked twice then yawned, stretching her arms in the process as she glanced out of the window.

I’m finally here.

Jinae smiled then quickly reached up to retrieve a backpack from the baggage bin overhead. She grasped the strap firmly as she slung it over her shoulders, slowly making her way down the aisle.

“Well. I better enjoy myself while it lasts.”


“Sir. Sir, please wake up. We have arrived at our destination.”

Jung Taekwoon groggily opened his eyes to a flight stewardess gently nudging him awake. He blinked and yawned, nodding in acknowledgement before retrieving his luggage and went down towards the arrival area.

His phone buzzed and in a swift motion, he pulled it out of his pocket. Instead, he grimaced openly at to who texted him out of the blue.

[Yo, hyung! Arrived at Switzerland yet? Find me some hot European chicks, alright?]

“Jaehwan, you are an eternal idiot.” Taekwoon muttered under his breath. He shoved his phone down his pockets and exhaled. He huddled deeper into whatever comfort his coat could give him before lifting his gaze to the sky.

“It’s cold.”   He mutters under his breath.

Taekwoon lifted his gaze to scan his current surroundings. People were busy greeting and meeting up with their loved ones, sharing embraces and kisses. Some were regrouping with their friends, broad smiles on their faces.

The arrival area was alive and different sounds resonated amongst the crowd. Somewhere deep in his heart, Taekwoon felt a pang of loneliness.

Huh. Maybe I should’ve come with a group too.

He refocused his attention and shrugged, making his way towards the maps, eager to get to his hotel to get some well-deserved rest.  The jet lag was starting to take its toll on his body.

As he was walking towards the area however, a petite figure collided with his back, causing him to jerk slightly and lose his footing.

Taekwoon turned around, ready to berate and argue with whoever bumped into him, only to be greeted by a figure bowing deeply, a series of apologies spewing out from its lips.

“Ah. I am so sorry! I didn’t see you!”

The person spoke in English, Taekwoon noticed. Though the words were understandable enough, it was laced with the hints of a foreign accent, suspiciously sounding like…

“Are you Korean?” Taekwoon inquired instead, shifting to his native tongue. The person looked up, revealing brown eyes and an innocent face, obviously surprised.

 Ah, so she’s a female. He realized.

“You…you are Korean, too?” She replied, almost too excitedly, reverting to her own language. Taekwoon nodded, acknowledging her question. She gave out a relieved sigh, seemingly thankful to find a fellow countryman in a foreign country.

“Oh, thank goodness. I was wandering around the airport for quite a while now. I was wondering where the subway was.” She explained in full throttle. Taekwoon raised an eyebrow at this. She couldn’t possibly be…?

“So basically, you’re lost and needed someone to help you out, I’d figure?” He muttered, choosing his words carefully. She spun around, eyes beaming with a kind of light.

“How did you know?” She asked, lips parted in awe.

“Lucky guess.” He replied. It was literally written all over your face, though.

“I see! Well, since you’re here too, and as a fellow Korean, let’s help each other out! Are you heading to the capital?” The female blabbered on, talking enthusiastically to him.

“Wait a minute. So you want us to go together? To go to Bern?” Taekwoon replied, unsure of the situation.

Great. I went here for a healing trip and this is what I get? Hell no.

“I’m sorry, but you’ll have to deal with that yourself.” That said, he picked up his luggage and strode past her, leaving her gawking behind.


“Hey! Hey, wait a minute please!”

Jinae huffed and puffed as she struggled to keep up with the man’s long strides. Yes I am relieved to find a fellow Korean, but damn it! He may be attractive but he is rude!

He turned to her, an annoyed expression plastered on his face. Jinae stopped and paused to regain her breathing before clasping her palms into a pleading gesture.

“Please! I can’t read the English signs!” Jinae finally admits, desperate enough. She was forced to blurt out the sole reason as to why she has been roaming around Zurich International Airport for at least 20 minutes now, looking like an idiot.

“If that’s the case, why did you even bother going to Switzerland with the limited knowledge of English you have?” The man replied. “That’s just plain stupid.”

Wh-wha…what did he just say? I am stupid?!

At the man’s reply, Jinae’s fine thread of patience finally snapped.

“What did you just say?” She muttered, annoyance and anger seeping into her tone of voice. The man didn’t seem to notice the change in her tone of voice and simply cocked an eyebrow. “That you’re stupid?” He even supplied helpfully, further infuriating her to no bounds.

“Look her, mister—Hey! I’m still talking to you!”

Jinae didn’t finish what she was going to rant when the man, who obviously had enough of her presence started to walk away.

How rude!!!!!

“Aaaahhh! Whatever! It can’t be helped!!”

Stomping her feet, Jinae decided to follow after him, rather than risk being an international missing person in Switzerland.

 

 

A/N: How was it? Was it nice? Crappy? I need to know your opinions guys!

Should I continue, or not? Hahahaha, wrote this on impulse xD

 

Anyways, to all my readers who are currently waiting for me to update my EXO stories, I’m sorry to say this, but I’ll be putting them all ON HOLD. ((T^T))

With all that happened in the fandom, I began to slowly drift apart from the group. ((T^T)) I’m very sorry, but no need to worry! I will be continuing them sometime in the future, when I’ll have the inspiration once again. ((>w<))

For the meantime, please enjoy my other fanfics. Thank you very much!