Follow Your Nose

The Scent of Chicken

 Onew stands, reaching for the handle to the door beside him. "I smell chicken." he thinks as he leaves the small work room in search of the orgin of the smell.

The leader walks into Shinee's main practice area where Jonghyun, Key and Minho are messing around. 

"Did someone bring chicken?" He rasps at them. 

"What did you say? You're still too quiet since your surgery." Minho replies.

Onew sighs, then begins to flap his arms wildly in the air as he extends his neck, pecking at the air. His charades make everyone in the room laugh.

Key comprehends his folly first, answering the leader's unspoken question, "We didn't bring chicken. We know that you'd eat it all before we had a chance to sit down."  Giggling at his own joke, Key smacks Jonghyun's leg playfully, recieving a flirtatious smile from the Dino. 

Onew turns around, heading toward the door when it suddenly opens to reveal Taemin. He tries again to ask about the chicken, but his voice just won't work for him so he mimics a hen strutting around, arms flapping, neck craning back and forth.  Taemin bursts out in laughter at the sight of him, then shakes his head no.

The leader pushes past the maknae using his nose to sniff out the direction of the fresh fried chicken.  He follows the smell down the hallway in one direction before losing the scent.  Onew doubles back picking up the delicious smell again near the practice room.

This time, he heads past the doorway in the opposite direction, stopping in every room, bathroom, and office along the hall. Onew tries to asks about chicken each time, but due to his recent throat surgery, the leader resorts to frantically flapping his arms and sniffing at the air, in an attempt to project his meaning to fellow co-workers. A few understand, denying any knowledge of chicken, while others would just laugh at him as he searches the room, then leaves.

After completing an entire building hunt, Onew stops by the front entrance. He looks around, still able to smell chicken but unable to process where it's coming from.  Just then, a trainee enters through the front door, followed by the very strong, tantalizingly alluring scent of freshly fried chicken. Shinee's leader is outside before the door could finish closing.

"Onew-oppa! Onew-oppa!" Shawols scream at him when he comes into view. The fans all look alike to him, screaming, yelling, waving their arms around in an attempt to get his attention. The crowd is just an endless blur of crazy fans to Onew, all except for one.

Standing at the back of a line of people, looking slightly upset at being so far away from the front is a woman wearing a costume.  Onew walks slowly toward her, pushing his way through the throng of fans. He sees many emotions playing across her face, but there is one that surprisingly isn't there; embarrassment. The leader is surprised, expecting that most fans, even if they are American, would be extremely embarrassed to be seen in front of the SM building wearing a... giant, white chicken suit

He stops in front of her, staring first at the unique woman then at the bucket in her hands. He points to it, then back at himself in question.

The chicken girl's jaw drops. Her face slowly turning bright red, as if holding her breath, while her right hand shoots up covering first then fanning her face.  One word pops into Onew's head at the reaction, "fangirling." or at least he's heard it been called that.  Recovering, she quickly nods understanding the leader's question from the simple sign. 

She extends the bucket of chicken to him shaking so badly that she nearly drops the bucket, causing Onew to panic as he rashly grabs the container to protect the percious food.  Once safe, he immediately reaches in, pulling a drumstick out, he takes a huge bite out of it and smiles from ear to ear as the juicy meat slides down his esophagus.  Finishing off the leg, Onew drops the bone back in the bucket, and offers the chicken lady a hug.

gapes open in surprise as she leans forward, hugging the leader tightly.

He goes to pull back when he catches her scent. "It can't be possible... could it?" his mind reels as his tongue automatically snakes out the exposed flesh of the woman's neck.  "She smells and tastes like chicken.  Plump, juicy, and absolutely mouthwatering chicken." his mind screams.

Onew freezes for a second, taking in the sight and smell of the succulent woman in front of him as he has in inner battle with himself.  Finally making a decision, Shinee's leader leans in close whispering into the chicken girl's ear, "I think I'm going to keep you." 

Grabbing the wing of the costume, Onew drags the woman through the crowd and into the building, heading straight for the basement.

 


For the next part of the story click here  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/719268/tastes-like-chicken-onew-shinee-humor-onewandyou