1/1

I'm Here

 

Chanyeol had forgotten his wallet once again inside the dorm. He quickly got into the house, which was completely quite.  Baekhyun had whined about him taking too much time. The two maknaes of the group had decided to stay back, possibly to spend some quality time together. Considering the silence in the house, it seemed like Sehun was still in the shower. He wondered if Tao was in there with him but he quickly pushed the thought out of his mind. It was none of his business.

After grabbing his wallet he remembered he had to tell Tao to not wait up for them. He went outside his room and heard a familiar singing. He slowly opened the door, only to see the blonde bended over his computer chair, with his face in his hands. His heart stopped a second when he saw the computer screen.

Kris.

It was his song. His new song. Of course he’d heard it before, the song was always on repeat in his phone. He went to close the door, but the sudden creak of the door, made Chanyeol grimace and Tao snap up.

“Um, I just-ahem. Sorry.” He muttered out and turned 180 degrees and started walking away. Tao’s face was full of anguish. His heart broke for the boy. His heart broke for himself and all the nights he’d fallen asleep crying. He bumped into a shirtless Sehun, who was still drying his hair with a towel.

“Hyung? Are you okay? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Sehun asked, full of concern. Chanyeol swallowed the lump in his throat and managed to speak.

“Um, you-you should go to Tao. He’s…he’s there-“

“What? What are you saying hyung? What happened to Tao?” Sehun asked, furrowing his eyebrows. “Are you okay?” Chanyeol nodded.

“I-Don’t wait for us, we might be late.” Sehun nodded and eyed Chanyeol curiously. He looked paler than he had when he had left.

“I’ll be leaving then.” He said, walking out of the door, quickly. Sehun wondered what had him so riled up. He remembered what he had said about Tao. He dropped his towel on a nearby clothes stand and went to the elder boy’s room. He opened the door.

“Huang Zitao?” He called, Tao was sitting on the computer chair, staring at the black screen. He quickly turned when he heard his boyfriend call him. Sehun stopped dead on his tracks. Tao’s eyes were red and his cheeks had dry tear streaks.

“Hi” Tao mumbled out, his voice shaking. Sehun moved to the boy after closing the door behind him. He kneeled between the elder’s feet.

Taozi.” He muttered, as he reached out a hand to caress Tao’s cheek. “What happened?”

“I-It’s nothing.” Tao said, rubbing his eyes furiously.

“If it was nothing, you wouldn’t be sitting here with bloodshot eyes.” Sehun said gently.

“I-It’s-Kris.” He choked out, bursting into tears. Sehun was surprised. Kris? He knew that Tao and Kris shared a very close bond, and he was shattered when the latter left the band. But why Kris?

“Tao? What happened? What about Kris?” He asked, worriedly. He peeled Tao’s hands away from his face and wiped a falling tear. “Baby?”

Tao moved his hand to the mouse on the computer table. The screen lit up and Sehun saw what he was so upset about. The screen opened to a music site, with Kris’ new song on pause. He felt a dull ache within. Things haven’t been going the best way after Kris decided to leave. The first few weeks were the worst. After sometime, things started getting better. But now he felt the same feeling that he had, when their manager had told them the news. Slight betrayal, a little dejection and mostly he just felt lost. He didn’t completely blame Kris but it still felt horrible. Because he always thought that they were a family. They were ‘one.’ He sighed and turned Tao’s chair to himself and stood up, placing himself lightly onto the elder’s lap. He put his arms around his boyfriend’s neck and leaned onto his shoulder.

“It’s okay, I understand.” He whispered. Tao, choked out a sob, burying his head onto Sehun’s chest and taking in his lemon-y scent.

“I’m sorry.” He said with his voice cracking.

“You have no reason to be.” Sehun said, gently putting a hand through the blonde’s hair.

“It’s just that…I didn’t, I never expected any of this.” Tao said sniffing.

“I know, I know Tao, none of us did.” He sighed.

“I thought-I thought we were brothers! I thought he cared!” Tao exclaimed bitterly.

“He does, Tao, of course he does. You know he does. I am sure he had his reasons.” He said.

“You-you’re actually taking his side?” Tao asked looking at his boyfriend with shock.

“Aniyo, I am just trying to be reasonable Taozi.” He said, with a small smile. Tao looked down for a second and then nodded his head.

“I don’t deserve you.” He whispered. Sehun looked shocked, he got up from Tao’s lap and retook his position in front of him and cupped Tao’s face in hands and lifted his face to meet his eyes.

“Don’t you ever, ever say that again Huang Zitao. You are mine, and I am yours, you deserve much much more than me, you hear me?” Tao looked at him with teary eyes and a small smile.

“I love you Zitao, and I always will. I’m here and I always will be.” He said, meeting their foreheads.

“Promise?” Tao said, putting his hand behind Sehun’s neck, dragging him closer.

“I promise.” Sehun replied, closing on the little distance he had and meeting his boyfriend’s lips swearing to himself that he could stay like this forever.