First Chance

Last Chance

 

 

A woman in a fitted dress walked in a fast pace towards her best friend’s unit. She's been out of the country for a month because of her work. She hadn't seen and talked to her best friend for a whole month.

 

 

A scowl was shown in her gorgeous face. She did it again she thought. She's not going to her because she missed her. No, no.

 

 

She's been in her home for less than an hour, having the worst jetlag she had encountered. She and her best friend lived in the same building but they have their own unit. She didn't tell her best friend that she was coming today to surprise her. But she was the one who was surprised instead or shocked is the most appropriate word she felt when she received that phone call earlier. Right after the call ended she stormed out of her unit and went to her best friend, and her jetlag was long forgotten.

 

 

Upon arriving at the front of her door she rapidly clicked her doorbell.

 

 

"Dara open this ing door." the gorgeous woman hissed under her breath.

 

 

After a minute or so, a petite woman in her rabbit pyjamas opened the door. Yawning and rubbing her eyes like a child, she looks up at the woman in front of her.

 

 

"Oh Bom you're back." She said with a smile in her pretty face. But remembering that her sleep was disturbed because of the woman, she frowned at her and holds the door so Bom couldn't get in. "Why are you my doorbell in the early morning?"

 

 

Bom moved Dara away from the door and walked inside her unit without her permission.

 

 

“Why didn’t you answer my call for the past month huh?” She stood in the middle of her living room, emanating an aura of a deranged bull ready to attack.

 

 

Dara remained silent. She bowed her head but not immediate enough to hide the pain that crossed her eyes. Bom felt sadness for her best friend. Dara is hurting as well, she wouldn’t do it if she wasn’t.

 

 

Bom sighed. “It’s because of him. Am I right? What did he do for you to end your relationship with him?”

 

 

“I don’t want to talked about it Bom. He’s already in the past.” Dara sat down on her couch. Bom followed and sat beside her.

 

 

“Three weeks is not that long Dara. You and he had been together for more than two years. Your relationship with him is the longest you had ever in your life. Are you sure you just want it to go to waste? Both of you can still fixed this.” I hope God will give Dara a chance to fix this. Bom thought.

 

 

“I don’t give second chances Bom, I thought you knew that already.”

 

 

“I knew that okay.” Bom holds her shoulder to force her to look at her. “I ing know that you never give second chances to your past boyfriends when they hurt you once.”

 

 

Tears flowed in Dara’s cheeks remembering the pain she felt before. “And I don’t want that to happen again. You know I have a fragile heart. Giving him a second chance will just give him a second opportunity to hurt me again.”

 

 

“Do you think he doesn’t deserve a second chance?”

 

 

“In love no one deserved a second chance. Not even me.” Dara said with a sad expression on her face.

 

 

Bom stands up. She can’t handle her stubborn friend. She is the hardest person she ever knows in her life. No one can go beyond or be at par in her stubbornness. She’s unlike the other girls with fickle minds. She’s a girl with one word that no one can ever change her decision if she already said it, not even her.

 

 

But she loves Dara so much. Bom will be married to her long time boyfriend next year and she doesn’t want her best friend to be alone for all her life just because she is not fond of second chances.

 

 

She faced Dara again. She needs to know the reason why she broke up with him.

 

 

“I know I can’t change your mind anymore. But tell me, why you end this?” Bom placed her hands in her hips, crouching forward facing Dara. She looks like a mom consoling her daughter. “Did he kiss another girl in front of you like what Ilwoo did?”

 

 

Dara remained still.

 

 

 “Did he ask you for a date but he made you wait for him for many hours but he never showed up like what Jiyong did?”

 

 

Dara shakes her head.

 

 

“Did he choose to spend a day with his ex-girlfriend instead of celebrating your anniversary with you like what Jaejoong did? Or he-. Well this is impossible but I’ll ask you anyway.”

 

 

“Did he make you jealous intentionally because you are cold towards him like what that kid; I mean Chanyeol did to you?”

 

 

Bom reminisce the acts of the bastards in Dara’s life by asking if he did what her exes did to her. Dara has been in pain for so many times with different guys. It is because once her boyfriend hurt her, automatically they’re over. Never in her life has she given another chance to her boyfriends after what happened in her first relationship.

 

 

Dara also said to her that if she gave them another chance, she was sure that she will not feel the same happiness because the love and trust she had on the first chance were already broken.

 

 

So Bom understand why she ended it. She doesn’t want to be hurt again by the same person because she said the pain she felt was doubled. And surely her heart can’t handle severe pain.

 

 

“Tell me what he did Dara.” Bom asked her again.

 

 

“I love him so much Bom.” Dara wiped her tears. But the tears wouldn’t stop coming out of her eyes. “I love Donghae so much that the pain I’m feeling right now surpassed the pain I felt before. We were happy. H-He never made me cry. He was so sweet, romantic, playful and all the good traits all the girls would want from their boyfriend.”

 

 

“But he changed. I was used that he’s always there for me, that we have all the time to be together. But suddenly we became distant because he was always at his work.

 

 

 

==FLASHBACK==

 

 

“Aish what is that guy doing? He doesn’t have work today.” Dara keeps on staring at her phone waiting for her boyfriend Donghae to call or text her. She doesn’t want to be the first to call him because she’s been doing that for the past week. She has a pride of a woman alright.

 

 

Her best friend slash sister-like Bom is out of the country and she misses her boyfriend whom she didn’t see for a week now.

 

 

“Screw pride! I want to see him now!” She suddenly stood up and went to her kitchen. “Maybe I should prepare a lunch for him and visit his home. Hmm? I am so sweet.” She giggled.

 

 

After hours of preparing finally she’s ready to go. She gets her keys and left her unit.

 

 

Upon arriving at Donghae’s block she merrily walked towards his apartment. She’s been ringing his doorbell for few minutes now but no one opens the door.

 

 

Is he outside? Dara asked herself.

 

 

After five minutes of waiting she put the packed lunch in front of his door and dejectedly went to her car.

 

 

On her way, she saw Donghae walked outside a restaurant near his block. Dara immediately stopped her car and reached for her car door to open it but she stilled when she saw that Donghae was not alone. She saw her boyfriend ushered a girl from inside the same restaurant he had been. He hailed a cab for her. Her heart broke to a million pieces when she saw the girl kissed Donghae right cheek and the bastard smile handsomely to her.

 

 

She saw how happy he looks while crossing the street. A dashing smile that reached his eyes can be seen on his face.

 

 

Is this the real reason why he’s neglecting her for the past months? It is not because of his work but because of another woman! She starts her car and continues her way.

 

 

Her cries continue until she’s in the safe of her home. She thought Donghae was the one for her, but she was wrong. He is like every man she’s been with. Just using her, taking her for granted. She’s hurt and now they are over.

 

 

Her phone was ringing for a while now. Donghae has been calling her. Maybe he saw the packed lunch she left on his door and now he’s calling her to confirm if she was the one who left it.

 

 

She doesn’t want to talk to him or anybody else as of the moment but she was sure he’s going to her unit or he was on his way right now. She doesn’t want to talk to him and she doesn’t want to see him even more. So she answers her phone so she can end it as soon as possible.

 

 

“Baby I saw the packed lunch you left at my door, I’m on my way to your building right now. I miss you.” Donghae said on the other line.

 

 

She grips her phone hardly. She composes herself before speaking. “N-no. Don’t come here.”

 

 

“Why your voice is hoarse? Are you sick? I’m near now.”

 

 

“I SAID DON’T COME HERE! I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN! I DON’T WANT TO HEAR YOUR VOICE AGAIN! WE’RE OVER!”

 

 

Donghae stops his car. He’s near in her building now. He knows better than anybody else that if Dara said she doesn’t want to see him, then she really doesn’t. But why? He doesn’t understand why Dara is angry at him. What did he do?

 

 

He can hear her heavy breath on the other line. He knows that it’s not good for Dara to be angry like this. Even though he wants to run to her unit right now, he can’t. He will just infuriate Dara more if he does that.

 

 

Dara was calming herself from her outburst awhile ago. She takes a moment before speaking again. “I said before that your first chance with me is your last chance. Now that you hurt me, I’m ending this relation. Don’t come here ever again.” She hissed the last part and throws her phone on the wall.

 

 

==END OF FLASHBACK==